Bayonetta 3 finally has another patch available. This will be the second patch released for the game since its debut. The first patch came out on October 27 of last year. In contrast, the new patch was just released yesterday and detailed on the Nintendo Customer Support site.
Nintendo and PlatinumGames have added a slew of adjustments, changes, and fixes which will players get the best possible experience whilst playing Bayonetta 3. These include:
- Combat Adjustments
- Game Modes
- Other Changes
- Bug Fixes
One key thing to note is that the new version will be downloaded automatically if the system has been connected to the internet and the auto-update setting is on.
- Bayonetta 3 Ver 1.2.0 is now live.
- It is the second patch of the game and came four months after the first one.
- It will include Combat Adjustments and Bug Fixes, amongst other things.
- The update will also be necessary to be able to access any internet features.
- Saved data will be made available after the update is complete.
- There were high expectations that performance enhancement would also be improved. However, that is not the case.
Fans have been complaining for a while about the combat issues the game seems to have. Ver 1.1.0 did not help resolve any of the issues that players had been facing. Hence, it was high time for PlatinumGames to fix it.
- Adjusted Viola’s activation window for “Block” and activation conditions for Witch Time.
- Adjustments are made to prevent Viola’s evasive input and Cheshire’s summoning input from activating Assault Slave while maintaining invincibility if they are used in rapid succession.
- Weapons “Simoon,” “Tartarus,” and “Viola’s” Charge Attacks can now continue to hold a charge, even if dodged or blocked.
- Wink Slave can now be activated from the combos “PKP*” and “PKK*” for the weapons “G-Pillar,” “Dead End Express,” and “Cassiopeia.”
- When equipping the accessories “Infernal Communicator” and “Pulley’s Butterfly” to summon Devils and Butterflies, it is now possible to cancel the summoning motion by dodging or blocking.
There were also multiple issues with the difficulty setting in Bayonetta 3. This patch set out to solve this pressing issue by adding more time or increasing the number of lives. These updates will be available for casual to expert difficulty setting.
Adjustments have been made to the Game Mode for the Bayonetta 3 Ver 1.2.0.
Lastly, numerous big fixes were done to help make the game seamless and enjoyable to play.
- Fixed a bug in Verse 5 of Chapter 7 that prevented progress when certain actions were performed while controlling Cheshire.
- Fixed a problem with the accessory “Hymn of Durga” in which its effect was not being applied to some attacks.
- Fixed an issue where using Alruna’s “Bondage Whip (P or K* long press)” skill in certain situations would cause the enemies to die instantly.
- Fixed an issue where the weapons using “Crow Within” (J* long press)” with “Scarborough Fair” and “Love is Blue” would cause the player to move forward significantly under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where Bayonetta’s animations would not play correctly when switching weapons immediately after using the “Crow Within (J* long press)” with the weapons “Scarborough Fair” and “Love is Blue.
- Fixed a bug that caused “Black Pearl Rain (Rotate L stick + S*)” for Infernal Demon “Kraken” to trigger “Wink Slave” with abnormally high attack power.
- Fixed a bug that caused “Devil Rodin” to be stuck for a time when using “After Burner Kick (↑K* in midair)” continuously, immediately after rising up with a prior “After Burner Kick (J・K*).”
- Fixed a bug in which Viola’s Assault Slave was able to summon Infernal Demons in “Infernal Demon-prohibited areas.”
- Fixed an error in the hand symbol seen in Cutie J’s transformation sequence viewable in Side Chapter.
- Fixed other issues to make the game more enjoyable to play.
Bayonetta 3 is the brainchild of PlatinumGames and Nintendo. The game is heavily decorated, getting The Game Award for Best Action Game. However, Bayonetta 3 has had numerous issues with leaks. Most prominently, the gameplay leaked a mere week before release.
Are you excited to play Bayonetta 3 after the new update? Do let us know in the comment section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍