Back in 2008, THQ released to the world a game which would go on to win several awards from IGN, along with the hearts of many people. de Blob, coming out for the Wii at the time created much hype and now, Blitworks port the game to the newest Nintendo console in the market, the Switch. The announcement was made in spectacular fashion with the trailer below
Being announced back in February of this year, the game has finally come to the market. It follows the same storyline, being ported, of course, related to the original de Blob that came to the Wii, once upon a time. As a precursor, as to what de Blob is about, for people not familiar with the title, de Blob is a 2008 platform-puzzle videogame. The game has players explore and liberate an alien city from the evil, monochromatic INKT Corporation that has taken over the city and outlawed all colour and fun from daily life. Playing as de Blob, players embark on a quest to re-animate the fictional place of Chroma City and free it from the INKT Corporation by splattering buildings, landmarks, and citizens with colour.
The new game is no different either. It comes with a small description of what the title is going to be about, events revolving around the story/gameplay.
About de Blob
- de Blob: Flip, bounce and smash your way past the all-powerful I.N.K.T. Corporation to launch a revolution and save Chroma City from a future without colour
- Long Live Color! Join the Color Revolutionaries in the resistance against Comrade Black and his diabolical array of hot plates, electric shocks, and ink turrets
- Free The Citizens: Free your friends from a black and white world by painting the city back to life as you dodge ink cannons, flatten I.N.K.T. tanks and outsmart Inky soldiers
- Multiplayer: Compete to control Chroma City in 4-player split screen in eight different multiplayer modes
- Save your City: Paint Chroma City’s towering skyscrapers, expansive bridges and massive landmarks in your own style using custom colors, patterns and soundtracks
De Blob features both a single player, in which players play Raydian, helping him overcome the oppression of the all-powerful I.N.K.T corporation, as well as a diverse range of multiplayer options. These multiplayer campaigns support up to four players, come with street and sewer maps and include 1-4 player split-screen functionality.
Being remastered, the game is released on the Nintendo Switch, available physically and digitally for $29.99.