Materia Collective is pleased to present The Hit Points and their debut self-titled album that offers a unique blend of live high-energy bluegrass and soothing acoustic arrangements of fan-favourite video game music. In a public announcement on 29th June, they introduced the album with music selection from a wide spectrum of games throughout the genres and consoles. Some of the main highlights include Final Fantasy, Skyrim and even Sonic.
The entire collection of tracks can be seen below
01. Those Who Fight Further (Final Fantasy VII)
02. Guile’s Theme (Street Fighter)
03. Presentiment/Chrono Trigger (Chrono Trigger)
04. Rocket Hideout (Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow)
05. Athletic Theme (Super Mario World)
06. Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
07. Ballad of the Goddess (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
08. Dance of Pales (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
09. Nascence/Road of Trials (Journey)
10. Taliyah, the Stoneweaver (League of Legends)
11. Double Dragon Theme/Mission 1 (Double Dragon)
12. Streets of Whiterun (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
The Hit Points founders Eli Bishop and Matt Menefee were reported to have commented, “Bluegrass was a huge part of our musical upbringings, but we’ve been continually inspired by the music in video games”. They further continued, “While playing video games, it’d be common to grab an instrument and play along to the music in games like Castlevania or Pokémon. I suppose combining Bluegrass and video game music seemed like a natural progression under those circumstances. The instruments used in a traditional bluegrass ensemble are extremely versatile and we wanted to demonstrate that by merging our passion for video game music with those instruments to create a unique project that has never been done before.”
The Hit-points have also released their debut music video for Ballad of the Goddess from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. The Hit Points brings listeners the bluegrass game music album they never knew they needed and brings it to the iTunes, Spotify and Bandcamp.