You’ve probably heard of Minecraft unless you’ve been living under a block. Mojang came out with this sandbox construction video game Minecraft in 2009 whose graphics look straight out of 1985. Its diverse gameplay and modifiable three-dimensional pixelated environment attracted thousands of users recordings over 126 million active players that engaged in this game monthly. With this large traffic and Minecraft‘s regular updates, occasional problems are not very surprising. One such issue is Minecraft stuck on Mojang screen and not loading.
This issue is fairly annoying and can ruin your gaming experience. Many players reported this issue with the nether update released back in June. But this issue has been around since the release of Minecraft itself. This issue that appears to be mostly affecting PS4 players, more irritating than a griefer, can however be fixed easily.
Even being flagged repeatedly in the MSOIT( Mojang Studios Official Issues Tracker) no fix for Mojang Screen error seems to be in sight and this problem still prevails even after months of being flagged. If you’re facing this same issue and this pesky red screen doesn’t seem to be going anywhere then don’t worry because you’re in the right place! In this article, we are going to give you a detailed list of fixes if your Minecraft is stuck on the red Mojang Screen.
More from Minecraft: Minecraft Barn Ideas
All things aside, here is how to fix Minecraft Stuck on Mojang Screen.
Perform a restart on your Minecraft client
As obvious it may seem, your first approach should be restarting Minecraft. In many cases, this seems to resolve the issue.
Using task manager, force close the game.
- Simultaneously pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE will lead you to a menu bar where the task manager option is available
- In task manager, after selecting the processes tab, open the file named minecraftlauncjer.exe or javaw.exe and click on the option named “ End task”.
Upon restarting your Minecraft screen, the issue will be resolved.
Fix For Mac
If you’re facing the issue of Minecraft stuck on the Mojang screen on Mac, there are a few ways by which you can fix the issue. The first method is mentioned below;
- Go to the Options menu.
- Look for the Force Update option.
- Lastly, all you need to do is run.
- Hopefully, after this, the issue will be fixed. It is important to delete any texture packs you have running as well.
- There is another method that you can try if the first one doesn’t work. For the fix, you will have to delete your Minecraft data folder.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Search %appdata%.
- Look for the Roaming option and select it.
- Delete the folder that is labeled .minecraft and restart it.
- Login again to Minecraft.
- After that, you will be able to log in successfully without any issues.
If restarting doesn’t work for you, opt for a clean reinstall of the Minecraft client. Clearing out the accumulated cache and cleaning up the files in your Minecraft directory manually. Make sure you have saved these files in a backup system to prevent data loss
- Press windows key+ R to open the run dialog box
- Locate %appdata% and clear out all the files from your Minecraft directory including your worlds (don’t worry this is why we have the backup.
- Clear out the files when the file explorer opens by selecting the Minecraft folder. But it is recommended that you make sure that you have all your data backed up by checking Minecraft/saves folder. Because we don’t want our precious worlds gone do we?
- Go to system settings options in your start menu and delete your temporary files as well, for a thorough clean up of our Minecraft client
- Reinstall Minecraft from Mojang’s official website and hopefully, it’ll launch past the red screen this time.
Similar article: Minecraft House Ideas
Disable Discord overlay
As surprising it may sound, users tend to ignore this method of fixing Minecraft stuck on Mojang Screen. Discord, a software intended to help the gamers unite and communicate with each other while playing games often can disturb the gaming experience with its overlay dynamic.
- Open user settings and find the overlay option.
- A pop would appear with the text “ disable the in-game overlay”
- Disable this option and hopefully, it will fix the issue.
Update the graphics driver
Old graphics drivers can also be the cause of this issue. Updating the graphics driver in most cases helps solve the issue. Sometimes, updating your launcher can be the solution you are looking for.
- Click on device manager in your startup menu and in-display adapters select your graphics driver usually intel or NVIDIA.
- Right-clicking on display driver will pop open a menu, from there select update driver.
- A window with “How do you want to search drivers” would appear.
- Select “Search automatically for drivers”. Now the windows will automatically install the necessary drivers.
- Now the Minecraft will hopefully launch past the red screen.
End the Runtime Broker
This temporary fix for Minecraft stuck on Mojang Screen seems to be working for a lot of players. You can try it out and hopefully, it’ll fix the issue.
- Launch Minecraft
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Escape to open Task Manager.
- Select Runtime Broker and click on End Task.
If however, you’re looking for a permanent fix, you should try uninstalling the apps that use runtime Broker.
To uninstall the runtime broker, perform the following steps.
- Open the Start menu and select Windows Powershell(admin)
- Once opened, type or paste the following code: Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage and press Enter. This will delete the windows photos app.
- Restart your computer and hopefully, Minecraft will load successfully.
Removing the Adware
Several players reported that removing adware fixed the issue of Minecraft not loading. To remove useless adware, you can use the Adwcleaner that is available for free. To download and run it, use the following steps.
- Visit the Malwarebytes official website and download Adwcleaner.
- After you’ve done the installation, run a scan and remove any malware found
- Restart your computer and see if Minecraft launches successfully
No, your progress and data will be saved on the cloud, so uninstalling it would not affect your progress.
our Google account will have a record of you buying it. So you won’t have to pay
Also check out: Best Crossbow Enchantments
Sometimes a hardware issue or the incompatibility of the standard java version of Minecraft may lead to such issues. PS4 users should try removing the disc first and then reinstalling Minecraft. A high percentage of disk usage and prolonged loading time may impose that your hard drive is at fault. Hopefully, the solutions stated above would help and you’ll be enjoying your mining experience without any hurdle in your way.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍