Gacha video game formula is nothing new in this day and age. It has evolved to the point that you will see gacha games ranging from Marvel games to Star Wars, JRPGs to animated RPG ones, and more. We have listed down the 30 Best Gacha Games that you can play in 2023, these titles are personally tested by multiple gamers and fans of the genre on eXputer!
Our Picks For Best Gacha Games & Comparison In 2023:
|War of The Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius||None||November 14, 2019||Square Enix||Android and iOS|
|Dragon Quest Tact||None||July 16, 2020||Aiming Inc.||Android and iOS|
|Illusion Connect||None||September 27, 2020||Superprism Technology||Android and iOS|
|Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad||None||August 25, 2020||Owlient||Android and iOS|
|Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds||Google Play 2022 Award for Best Story||May 25, 2022||netmarbleNeo||Android, PC, and iOS|
|Another Eden||None||April 12, 2017||WFS, Inc.||Nintendo Switch, Android, PC, and iOS|
|The Alchemist Code||None||January 28, 2016||Studio gg2||Android and iOS|
|Tales of Crestoria||None||May 8, 2020||BNE Entertainment||Android and iOS|
|Pokemon Masters||None||August 28, 2019||DENA CO., LTD.||Android and iOS|
|Guardian Tales||Innovative Game of the Year||February 24, 2020||Kakao Games||Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS|
|Kingdom of Heroes||None||September 20, 2021||Neowiz||Android|
|Exos Heroes||None||November 21, 2019||Oozoo Inc.||Android, PC, and iOS|
|Cookie Run: Kingdom||Pocket Gamer People's Choice Crown||January 19, 2021||Devsisters||Android and iOS|
|Fire Emblem Heroes||Mobile Game of the Year||February 2, 2017||Nintendo and Intelligent Systems||Android and iOS|
|Epic Seven||None||August 30, 2018||Smilegate||Android and iOS|
|Live Date: Spirit Pledge||None||July 26, 2020||Hot Game Studio||Android|
|Awaken Chaos Era||None||January 17, 2022||Century Games||Android|
|Summoners War||None||June 12, 2014||Com2uS Studios||Android, iOS, and iPadOS|
|Bleach Brave Souls||None||January 15, 2016||KLab||PlayStation 4, Android, iOS, and PC|
|AFK Arena||None||September 4, 2019||Lilith Games||Android and iOS|
|Alchemy Stars||Best Game Changers Award||June 17, 2021||Tourdog Studio||Android and iOS|
|Dragalia Lost||None||September 27, 2018||Nintendo and Cygames||Android and iOS|
|Ark Knights||Best Innovative Games of 2020||May 1, 2019||HyperGryph||Android and iOS|
|Marvel Strike Force||None||March 28, 2018||Scopely and FoxNext||Android, iOS, and iPadOS|
|Raid: Shadow Legends||None||July 29, 2018||Plarium||Android, PC, iOS, iPadOS, and Mac operating systems|
|Langrisser Mobile||Game Trend of the Year Award||January 22, 2019||Zlongames||Android|
|Azur Lane||Dengeki Online Awards 2017||May 25, 2017||Manjuu and Yongshi||Android and iOS|
|Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes||None||November 24, 2015||Capital Games and EA Mobile||Android, iOS, and iPadOS|
|Dragon Ball Legends||None||May 17, 2018||BNE Entertainment and Dimps||Android and iOS|
|Genshin Impact||Best Mobile Game||September 28, 2020||miHoYo||GeForce Now, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Android, iOS, and PC|
War of The Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- Developer: Square Enix
- Release Date: November 14, 2019
Starting up the best gacha games list, it is worth talking about; Final Fantasy: The War of the Visions, which is a free-to-play mobile turn-based strategy RPG that happens in just the same imaginary world as Square’s preceding mobile game Brave Exvius.
The player will face a number of challenges throughout War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. Because there are so many different ways to play and alternatives to choose from, it is easy for things to get quite confusing very fast. To your relief, a significant portion of the game’s mechanics can, for the most part, be disregarded as you get your bearings.
There are a plethora of different currencies that may be used in this product, just like there are in many other mobile offerings. Those that advance the character’s employment level, those that develop the character’s potential, and those that improve equipment. It is impossible for me to keep track of all of them in my head.
- Features all elements of a gacha game.
- The story of War of the Visions: Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is incredibly well-written.
- The characters are very well-designed.
- The voice acting is great.
- You are encouraged to watch ads to unlock rewards and the ads are way too long.
- The UI can be a bit too inconsistent and lead to a horrible user experience.
Dragon Quest Tact
- Developer: Aiming
- Release Date: July 16, 2020
The mobile game Dragon Quest Tact looks stunning and performs wonderfully on virtually any smartphone that was launched after 2018. We don’t see many Dragon Quest smartphone games hit shelves, so we can’t really make a comparison, but the traditional Dragon Quest monsters truly stand out in this game.
The battlegrounds are designed with a level of intricacy and elegance that demonstrates a significant amount of effort was put into their creation. The actual strategic matrix may have a very simple structure, consisting of a flat battlefield that may periodically have congested rubble to impede your route, but the fact that it is on a level with strategic warfare makes up for its seeming simplicity.
Fire Emblem Heroes is the greatest game to use as a point of reference while comparing Dragon Quest Tact. The battlegrounds could be a little bit larger, and there would be no need to maintain armaments, but the game would still have the same retro vibe to it.
- The monsters in Dragon Quest Tact are really cool.
- Dragon Quest Tact has a relatively impressive battle system.
- You can play Dragon Quest Tact without being familiar with any of the other Dragon Quest games.
- After playing for a while, Dragon Quest Tact might force you to spend money.
- There is a huge issue of power creeping up in Dragon Quest Tact.
- Developer: Superprism Technology
- Release Date: September 27, 2020
In Illusion Connect, developed by SuperPrism Technology, players take control of teams of animated show heroes as they battle horrors that pose a threat to the planet. As you progress through the game’s stages of real-time fighting in this strategic role-playing game and strategy game, more characters will take up the mantle.
The battle system in Illusion Connect will seem quite familiar to followers of the Mega Man Battle Network series, as well as the indie favorite One Step From Eden. The familiarity with mechanics gives it an easy learning curve, and that is why we believe the game deserves to be on the list of best gacha games of 2023.
The gameplay is based on a 2.5D matrix, much like that used in Battle Network. When facing off against foes, competitors position their characters on the game board.
- The character designs in Illusion Connect are some of the best in Gacha game history.
- Illusion Connect is not too hard to understand for beginner players.
- The characters in Illusion Connect are very unique.
- The visuals are shockingly good.
- Illusion Connect has become a very exploitative P2W (Pay to Win) game.
- There are several bugs.
- The difficulty can be a bit inconsistent throughout Illusion Connect.
Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad
- Developer: Owlient
- Release Date: August 25, 2020
The gigantic crossover title Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad is a storyline of global espionage that brings together protagonists and antagonists from several Tom Clancy series of video games. The game’s name is characterized by the fact that it is a crossover between many of the titles.
Umbra is a nameless, faceless terrorist group that is inflicting destruction over the whole earth. In order to put a stop to them, the governments of the globe have banded together to assemble a squad that will combat Umbra and uncover the truth about the organization.
Your elite squad consists of five warriors hand-picked from different Tom Clancy world subseries. Together, they make up your most powerful force. The only thing required of the player throughout these extraordinarily quick skirmishes is to keep an eye on everything that’s going on and provide combat commands when necessary.
The squad would maneuver, strike, and utilize their special skills on their own, giving us free will to carry out the battle commands whenever players felt it was appropriate.
- Features several iconic characters from the Tom Clancy Franchise.
- There is a slight strategic element to Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad, as you have to come up with a team that has synergy.
- Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad has a decent amount of content.
- The gameplay in Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad is a bit too simple.
- Tom Clancy’s Elite Squad is an incredibly repetitive game.
- The story is also a little bland.
Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds
- Developer: netmarbleNeo
- Release Date: May 25, 2022
Ni No Kuni: Crossworlds has a quality aesthetic to it and genuinely appears like a fantastic release, that is, till you go a bit farther into the game. The game’s main flaw is that it requires too much time and effort to complete even the simplest of tasks. You can however use the AI Mode in Ni No Kuni: Crossworlds if you don’t like giving input every now and then in the game.
Players who have spent their whole lives immersed in this franchise will feel perfectly at home thanks to the game’s setting and aesthetics, which are reminiscent of the original entries from the series’ formative years.
Studio Ghibli fans will truly fall in love with this game and will consider it one of the best gacha games in 2023.
- Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds has an amazing aesthetic.
- The soundtrack in Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds is exceptionally good.
- The start of Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds is very well made.
- Gameplay isn’t the best.
- The PC version of Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds is made horribly.
- While Ni No Kuni: Cross Worlds can get repetitive after a while.
- Developer: WFS, Inc.
- Release Date: April 12, 2017
Another Eden, just like other smartphone gachas, offers a summoning mechanism in which you can acquire ten pulls for one thousand Chronos Stones; however, acquiring those Chronos Stones requires a great deal more time and work. In order to collect enough Chronos Stones for a decent draw, you will need to travel through the main plot and finish the side tasks. Additionally, the gacha mechanic is not the best.
Even at its core, it is still a single-player classic JRPG wrapped up in a smartphone wrapper of the video game. You can really complete the game even with the random heroes that enter your party as you progress through the main storyline. This is because the game is packaged as a mobile version.
In Another Eden, there really are no skips, no auto-fights, and no fast-forwarding, and in order to make progress in the game, you will need to put in a lot of time grinding and leveling up. In that regard, it’s a throwback to the past, and many players will really enjoy the sense of nostalgia it evokes.
- Another Eden offers many traditional and old-school JRPG elements.
- The narrative in Another Eden is great and is very typical of an RPG game.
- Another Eden’s combat system is the usual turn-based RPG one but with a very unique mechanic.
- The PC port of Another Eden is not well-optimized.
- Another Eden’s combat can be way too hard for F2P players.
The Alchemist Code
- Developer: Studio gg2
- Release Date: January 28, 2016
The Alchemist Code is a tactical role-playing game (SRPG) for portable devices that may be played for free and features in-app purchases.
This title is an anime-styled strategic role-playing game (SRPG), and it will appeal to those who are lovers of Fantasy War and Ogre Tactics as well as those who long for Phantom of the Kill. Although it has a distinct plot, the gameplay is quite similar to that of the game that was just stated before it.
The gacha mechanism makes more than sixty characters available, and the number of heroes available is continuing to grow. Collaboration events are one of Gumi’s favorite ways to include anime and characters from their many other products in their games.
- The graphics and visual design are very good for a mobile game.
- The Alchemist Code offers original Japanese voice acting.
- The UI in The Alchemist code is incredibly satisfying, intuitive, and user-friendly.
- There is a good amount of strategic element in the gameplay of The Alchemist Code.
- The Alchemist Code lacks a proper tutorial and explanation for certain gameplay mechanics.
- There are many bugs and server issues present in The Alchemist Code.
Tales of Crestoria
- Developer: BNE Entertainment
- Release Date: 2020
Bandai Namco’s most recent attempt to create a gacha game centered on this well-known realm is called Tales of Crestoria. In spite of the fact that it delivers all of the heartfelt story beats and iconic characters that fans have come to anticipate, I couldn’t help but desire that it was a complete platform experience.
You play the role of Kanata, a small boy from a rural community who has firm faith in the inherent goodness of people and a strong desire to see justice served to those who have done wrong in Tales of Crestoria. Everyone who is born in this society receives a Vision Orb as soon as they are able to hold one.
These spheres serve as a kind of surveillance for law enforcement as well as a mode of communication with extraterrestrial creatures known as Enforcers. If a sufficient number of people pray fervently sufficiently to these Enforcers, then they will materialize and essentially execute any offender without subjecting them to a fair hearing.
Considering everything, the Tales of Crestoria was an easy addition to the list of best gacha games in 2023. I personally had a great time playing through Tales of Crestoria.
- Tales of Crestoria features many beloved characters from all over the Tales series.
- The graphics in Tales of Crestoria are incredibly beautiful.
- The story is very well-written.
- Tales of Crestoria’s combat feels very dynamic.
- Very greedy rates for buying the in-game currency.
- Tales of Crestoria has a lot of different bugs and glitches.
- Developer: DENA CO., LTD.
- Release Date: August 28, 2019
The role-playing video game Pokémon Masters is a three-on-three brawler in which players capture Pokémon and trainers to add to their teams. Players also go through a narrative mode that features characters they’ve loved for years.
Fans of the Pokémon universe will enjoy playing this video game based on the Pokémon franchise. It’s not just about how adorable Pikachu is, and it’s not just about the mainstream role-playing games—about it’s everything. I am not a Pokemon fan, so the game is not at the top of the best Gacha games of 2023, but it could be different if you are a die-hard fan of the Pokemon series.
- The story mode of Pokemon Masters is incredibly well-designed.
- Pokemon Masters includes many of the beloved characters from the Pokemon Franchise.
- There is also a strategic element to the combat in Pokemon Masters.
- There is barely any variety in the Pokemon you see in Pokemon Masters.
- Progressing further can get incredibly difficult and repetitive in late-game.
- Developer: Kakao Games
- Release Date: February 24, 2020
The Guardian Tales have a storyline that is deceptively straightforward: the forces of goodness go up against those of evil. However, in order to make up for its one-dimensional narrative, the videogame opts for a more comedic approach. The game’s narrative is not without its share of humorous and pop-culture allusions, both of which contribute to the game’s endearing and enjoyable personality.
The gameplay that is featured in Guardian Tales is very strikingly similar to the gameplay that was featured in classic RPG titles such as The Legend of Zelda GameBoy series. This is because the gameplay in Guardian Tales requires players to fight enemies and solve riddles in order to progress through the level.
- Guardian Tales makes several different references to other games, anime, and even TV shows.
- The gameplay of Guardian Tales might remind you of some classic and old-school RPG games.
- The art style in Guardian Tales is very good.
- Guardian Tales’ level design is incredibly linear.
- Once you have completed the main story, there is not much content left for you.
- After playing for a while and reaching World 11, Guardian Tales becomes incredibly difficult for F2P players.
Kingdom of Heroes
- Developer: Neowiz
- Release Date: Sep 20, 2021
The players of the Kingdom of Heroes take on the mantle of King Arthur, who is now entrusted with recruiting legendary warriors to aid him in his fight to save Avalon. You’ve probably heard this version of the legend of King Arthur told during elementary school, but with anime tropes thrown in for good measure.
In the beginning minutes of the game, there is some pretty great character writing, but by late in the game, the situations grow intriguing and may be skipped. Sure, the storyline is interesting, but I couldn’t help but feel they want to advance, even if it was just to increase my odds of winning the Gacha draws. There is also a player vs player combat and raiding mode.
- The story in Kingdom of Heroes is decently interesting.
- Kingdom of Heroes has a lot of content for you to engage yourself in.
- The designs of the characters in Kingdom of Heroes are very good.
- You never run out of things to do in Kingdom of Heroes.
- The gameplay in Kingdom of Heroes is very bland.
- The story is also incredibly short even for a gacha game.
- The costumes you can purchase in Kingdom of Heroes give a buff to your character’s stats, which increases the P2W element of the game a lot.
- The matchmaking in Kingdom of Heroes is not the best.
- Developer: Oozoo Inc.
- Release Date: 21 November 2019
Exos Heroes stands out not only for its stunning visuals but also for its immersive narrative set in a mystical era. Embark on a thrilling quest to recover Emperor Exestruk’s lost sword, navigating an old airship and encountering ancient dragons along the way. The seamlessly blended plot and gameplay escalate the stakes, putting the fate of the world in jeopardy.
The game’s allure lies in its exceptional storytelling, complemented by outstanding graphics, and the immersive journey through a world filled with intriguing characters and bizarre occurrences. In a nutshell, Exos Heroes offers a classic RPG experience with character development, squad building, war preparations, and engaging turn-based combat all infused with a fresh twist that keeps players hooked.
- Exos heroes have incredibly breathtaking graphics.
- The story in Exos Heroes is incredible.
- The gacha pull rate in Exos Heroes is great for F2P players.
- Exos Heroes has NFT support in the game and many players believe it to be a scam.
- There are many performance issues in the PC version of Exos Heroes.
Cookie Run: Kingdom
- Developer: Devsisters
- Release Date: January 19, 2021
Whether you’ve experienced any of the previous games in the Cookie Run series, you’re going to be thrilled to see some of your iconic characters and foes make a cameo in Cookie Run: Kingdom. The familiarity with characters and the gacha elements makes it the best game to play in 2023.
During the opening sequence of the game, it is shown how a malicious Cookie was able to vanquish the five Guardian Cookies who were responsible for maintaining peace in the region. The years have come and gone. Since then, cookies have dispersed in all directions, and they no longer have a centralized government or a record of their past. You are the one who needs to make that right.
Cookie Run: Kingdom has two separate facets of gameplay: base construction and fights, either in the story mode or in a player-against-player setting. Building bases was the aspect of the game that most interested me, and I could easily lose track of time while putting flowers and other ornaments in the Cookie Kingdom which was rapidly expanding.
- If you are a fan of the Cookie Run series then you will surely love Cookie Run: Kingdom.
- The graphics in Cookie Run: Kingdom are great.
- Cookie Run: Kingdom allows you to develop your own kingdom.
- The developers understand the community very well.
- The gameplay in Cookie Run: Kingdom is very shallow.
- Very clear paywall in the game.
Fire Emblem Heroes
- Developer: Nintendo, Intelligent Systems
- Release Date: February 2, 2017
The tactical, turn-based fights are at the heart of Heroes, just as they are in each and every Fire Emblem game. You and your enemy take turns moving troops around a two-dimensional board, much like in a chessboard; the objective of the game is to eliminate the opposing side’s forces.
There are several varied sorts of warriors available to use, such as axe-wielding knights, distant shooters, and mages with healing spells. Additionally, there are multiple maps, each of which calls for a unique approach. The feeling of scale in Heroes’ battle system stands out as the most notable distinction when compared to other titles in the Fire Emblem series.
The player can choose from a range of different game modes. Heroes have a typical single-player campaign with a narrative that is unsatisfactorily lacking, limited-time special maps, and asynchronous fights in which you may pit your squad against that of another player. Even though I couldn’t really click with Fire Emblem Heroes, it still did great in the Gacha games community. Hence, it is worth giving it a try!
- Fire Emblem Heroes is the best Gacha game for you if you love grinding.
- Fire Emblem Heroes is quite generous when you first start playing it.
- Includes a helpful and thorough tutorial session.
- The developers have released several free expansions and updates.
- The main focus of Fire Emblem Heroes has been reduced to only taking part in the Aether Raids.
- The chance that you would pull a 5-star unit in Fire Emblem Heroes is incredibly slim.
- Has a monthly pass that puts pressure on a lot of the players to buy it.
- Developer: Smilegate
- Release Date: August 30, 2018
Players take on the part of the Heir of the Covenant when playing Epic Seven. This Heir was fashioned by Diche, the Goddess of Creation, specifically for the purpose of combating the Archdemon. The other gods devised the Archdemon as a means of exacting revenge on Diche for the way she handled the aftermath of the murder of her beloved, Orbis, by shirking her responsibilities.
When the Archdemon caused the world to be destroyed, Diche would spend some of her power to recreate the whole universe from scratch after each occurrence.
Players won’t be able to help but take note of the game’s one-of-a-kind visual style right away. The videogame, in contrast to a great number of others of its like, exudes an obvious anime vibe, and each and every one of the characters was crafted with extraordinary detailing.
- The visual design of Epic Seven is amazing.
- The story keeps you engaged.
- The special attacks of a lot of the characters in Epic Seven have unique animations.
- Epic Seven is an incredibly well-optimized game.
- Epic Seven is very friendly for F2P players.
- Getting gear in Epic Seven can be incredibly frustrating for the majority of the players.
- Epic Seven does not have a lot of challenging content after you have completed the game.
Live Date: Spirit Pledge
- Developer: Hot Game Studio
- Release Date: July 26, 2020
The plot of the 2013 anime Date A Live is continued in the video game Date A Live: Spirit Pledge, which was developed by Hot Game Studio. The video game even uses some of the voice actors and scenes from the anime, in addition to using the theme tune from it. The video game combines elements of a dating simulation and a beat ’em up, a combination that it pulls off with variable degrees of effectiveness.
The gameplay of Date A Live: Spirit Pledge is completely free, but you may spend real money on additional characters and aesthetics if you so want. The narrative is broken up into parts, and each chapter focuses on a different player character from the game. Each chapter is broken up into sections, and the last one of each section is either a romance or a fight.
During battles, you will frequently be tasked with accomplishing particular goals, like holding out for a predetermined length of time or vanquishing monsters. Your skills are extremely potent, but their cooldown periods vary greatly.
- A must-play game for players who are fans of the original anime series.
- One of the most unique Gacha games available to download right now.
- The story of Date A Live: Spirit Pledge is told like a visual novel.
- The gameplay in Date A Live: Spirit Pledge is very fun.
- You might be forced to spend some money.
- The online servers in Date A Live: Spirit Pledge is not the best.
Awaken Chaos Era
- Developer: Century Games
- Release Date: January 17, 2022
The mobile role-playing game Awaken: Chaos Era is completely free to play and actually occurs in a fantastical universe in which a war is raging between both the forces of good and evil. You are the savior that this nation so sorely requires, and it is up to you how you want to bring a stop to the conflict.
The game gives people the option to play as one of four distinct classes: a warrior, a mage, a priest, or an assassin. In addition, the player can select their character’s species from one of four available options: human, elf, dwarf, orc.
Awaken: Chaos Era features a combination of tactical fighting and exploratory elements. You have the option of either collecting heroes, pets, crystals, and other items or exploring the environment, fighting foes, and completing missions. We played the game for how it unfolded the story and that is why we think it deserves a sweet spot for the best gacha games players should play in 2023.
- Awaken Chaos Era can be a breath of freshness for many Gacha players.
- The graphics in Awaken Chaos Era are great.
- Awaken Chaos Era has an endless amount of content.
- While Awaken Chaos has a decent amount of strategic element to the gameplay.
- The story of Awaken Chaos Era is not the best.
- The story mode is designed horribly in Awaken Chaos Era since there are walls of text everywhere.
- Developer: Com2uS Studios
- Release Date: June 12, 2014
The world of SUMMONERS of War takes place in a futuristic fantasy universe, and war has been mostly supplanted by more civilized arena conflicts. Strong summoners who are able to exercise command over a diverse array of fantastic monsters are utilized in the struggle between different groups of people to choose who will have dominion over the land’s resource of mystical power stones.
The primary objective of the game is to amass and level up as many monsters as possible, and fights are the only way to get the necessary funds and resources to accomplish this goal.
Furthermore, players have the option of constructing, expanding, and enhancing their very own mystical base of operations. The video game may be played solo, or it can be played online versus random people or with friends working together.
An in-game store allows players to make purchases of virtual goods and virtual enhancements using real-world currency at any point in the game. All in all, players should try out this best gacha game in 2023.
- Summoners War has chat channels that are built inside the game.
- The progression system in Summoners War is one of the best.
- The gameplay in Summoners War is great.
- Summoners War has a very big, strong, and loyal community.
- The visual design and the graphics in Summoners War are awful.
- The animations during the battle sequences look below par.
- Summoners War’s story is not the best, as it constantly fails to grab your attention.
Bleach Brave Souls
- Developer: KLab
- Release Date: January 15, 2016
Bleach: Brave Souls took a fresh approach to gameplay design, opting for a 3D adventure to vividly portray its anime characters and plot. Launched in 2015, the game still impresses with its engaging play and lifelike animated visuals.
Back in 2015, mobile gaming categories were evolving, and Brave Souls, though at its core an anime action RPG, embraced diverse gameplay elements. As a soul reaper guardian, players control Ichigo Kurosaki, the central character, in a hero-collecting genre that seamlessly integrates with the anime’s beloved personalities.
- Bleach Brave Souls rewards F2P players a lot through character-level achievements.
- There is some extra story content that the fans of the original anime or manga will love.
- Features almost every character from the Bleach media right now.
- Bleach Brave Souls is a very decently optimized game.
- The UI in Bleach Brave Souls is horrible.
- Inventory management can be a mess in Bleach Brave Souls.
- The PVP in Bleach Brave Souls is one of the worst aspects of the game.
- Developer: Lilith Games
- Release Date: September 4, 2019
AFK Arena itself is perhaps one of the contributing factors to the Gacha genre’s immense popularity. In contrast to the majority of other Gachas, AFK Arena gives you very little direct control over your characters. You will only have influence over specific parts of the battle once it has begun, and the combatants will engage in it on their own without your intervention.
The Gacha system is the basis of AFK Arena’s gameplay. What this implies is that as you progress through the game, you may acquire different characters and put together a team of heroes to take on the game’s foes. That is, in essence, the most shortened and basic form of it.
Multiple Gacha gamers are highly experienced and have put in hundreds of hours into AFK Arena. We believe that this is a must-play title for every Gacha gamer!
- The graphics in AFK Arena look incredibly clean.
- The character designs in AFK Arena are amazing.
- The pull rates in AFK Arena are pretty decent.
- The main campaign in AFK Arena is very mediocre.
- AFK Arena might be a bit too complicated for some players.
- There is no skip or auto-play button available in the main campaign of AFK Arena.
- Developer: Tourdog Studio
- Release Date: June 17, 2021
In the strategy game Alchemy Stars, players navigate the field of play by laying down different colored tiles. The gamers assemble a squad consisting of five different combatants. There are a total of four elements, which may be found throughout a wide variety of characters and elemental powers. These elements are frost, molten, emerald, and thunderbolt.
Each component is represented by a different colored tile. The more identical tiles you can connect together to form a chained combination, the more powerful the special powers of the heroes you play will become.
The fight scenes in Alchemy Stars are not overly difficult. To put it another way, the ability to win lies in one’s ability to assemble a strategic team. All in all, Alchemy Stars is quite popular in the Tactical RPG genre and is worth checking out!
- Alchemy Stars is incredibly generous to F2P players because of the amazing pity system in the game.
- There is little to no power creeping into Alchemy Stars.
- The gameplay in Alchemy Stars is incredibly unique.
- The story in Alchemy Stars is great.
- While the gameplay in Alchemy Stars is great, the auto-play mode is horrible.
- Alchemy Stars does not let you save in the middle of a stage or chapter.
- Developer: Nintendo, Cygames
- Release Date: September 27, 2018
The story of Dragalia Lost occurs in the made-up country of Alberia, which is a world in which people and dragons coexist harmoniously. The royal family of Alberia possesses a special ability that enables them to shape treaties and agreements with these dragons and transform into them at will.
The plot of the story appears to follow the 7th prince of Alberia and a small band of party activists as they travel to establish accords with the fantastic dragons of the land. In the past, the royal family of Alberia has been able to form treaties with these dragons and transmogrify them at will.
It’s pretty astounding how in-depth the devs have decided to go with this universe, despite the fact that the storyline isn’t exactly exciting; almost all characters, dragon, and equippable item does have their own tale to some extent, and these all play a role in the mythology of the game as a whole.
- The story of Dragalia Lost has a lot of lore that is told through text.
- Dragalia Lost is very friendly to F2P players.
- Dragalia Lost has a decent amount of content.
- There are several events introduced in Dragalia Lost that allow you to get a 5-star weapon.
- The graphics in Dragalia Lost look pretty mediocre.
- Nintendo has officially shut down the servers.
- Developer: HyperGryph
- Release Date: May 1, 2019
Next up on our best Gacha Games 2023 list is Arknights. Arknights features a really engaging narrative to go along with its gameplay, regardless of the fact that the gameplay itself isn’t too complicated. In the futuristic planet of Terra, which is both post-apocalyptic and dystopian, the gamers each take control of a Doctor.
Arknights’ primary focus is on the tower defense genre. Towers may be thought of as people who are actually operators and members of your team. However, the blending of genres starts with these individuals, who are categorized according to their classes. Arknights is fun, addictive, and nothing short of amazing, and that is one of the many reasons we place it in the top-tier best gacha games category in 2023.
- Allows you to complete all of the levels in the game with just low-tier units.
- There is a wide variety of unique units in Arknights and they are split up into 8 classes.
- Arknights is a very easy game to grasp.
- The writing can be a bit worse at the start of the story.
Marvel Strike Force
- Developer: Scopely, FoxNext
- Release Date: March 2018
The objective of the game is to amass a collection of Marvel Universe characters for usage in a number of unique game modes, in which these heroes and villains alike will be organized into five-person teams to battle against a wide variety of opponents.
Newcomers will only have access to a select few Heroes and Villains early in the game; however, with each passing day, they will get closer to accessing new, more powerful Champions, which will enable them to construct an infinite number of different configurations as they look for the ideal hero.
- Marvel Strike Force boasts many iconic heroes and villains from the Marvel universe.
- The graphics in Marvel Strike Force are incredibly good for a mobile game.
- Marvel Strike Force is a very addictive game for new players.
- The prices of some in-game packages range from 50$ to even 100$, which is outrageously expensive.
- The performance quality of Marvel Strike Force has declined drastically.
Raid: Shadow Legends
- Developer: Plarium
- Release Date: July 29, 2018
Moving on with our best Gacha games 2023 list is the Raid Shadow Legends. A few of the PC games that made the switch to smartphones in 2019 include Raid: Shadow Legends, which has already garnered tremendous popularity on both the Android and iOS platforms.
The role-playing video game Raid: Shadow Legends is a turn-based tactical RPG featuring a gacha structure that lets players acquire hundreds of players, or Champions, as they are referred to in the game. The game’s single-player option is not that great though, despite the game’s great graphical presentation, which is not something you often see in smartphone games.
The turn-based gameplay in Raid: Shadow Legends is engaging and really well, and it lets players experience at max five different champions that they may control at once.
- Raid: Shadow Legends tells its story in a very unique and artistic way.
- The turn-based combat of Raid: Shadow Legends is great.
- The graphics in Raid: Shadow Legends are very impressive.
- The soundtrack in Raid: Shadow Legends is surprisingly very good.
- The story in Raid: Shadow Legends is very generic and mediocre.
- The gameplay in Raid: Shadow Legends is great but it is ruined by the auto-play mode.
- Raid: Shadow Legends has loads of advertisements and pop-ups.
- Developer: Zlongames
- Release Date: January 22, 2019
Both experienced, and novice RPG gamers will find the gameplay in Langrisser Mobile to be instantly recognizable. It combines the traditional play of compact, story-driven strategic RPGs from the past, along with several amazing levels from earlier Langrisser titles, with the gacha elements of contemporary free-to-play mobile RPGs.
As the plot progresses, you will find yourself venturing forth once more in pursuit of the fabled sword known as Langrisser, this time accompanied by a cast of interesting and unique characters.
This entails making slow but steady movements over a globe map, but not in a sequential manner. Along the route, there are side quests and fights that are completely optional and offer a small amount of additional gear and experience points. Additionally, there are boss bouts that offer enormous prizes.
Langrisser is based on the time-honored rock-paper-scissors concept, in which certain types of units are efficient against one type of their enemy but ineffectual against the other type of their opponent.
- The narrative in Langrisser Mobile manages to do its job and captures your attention perfectly.
- Langrisser Mobile has several classes you can pick from.
- There is an exceptional amount of in-game content.
- The art style in Langrisser Mobile is incredibly appealing to look at.
- Langrisser Mobile has some of the worst summon rates.
- Your level progression does not match up with the enemy’s strength in Langrisser Mobile.
- Developer: Manjuu, Yongshi
- Release Date: May 25, 2017
The primary mode of interaction in Azur Lane is combat, and there is a great deal of bloodshed to go around. The players construct a number of different fleets, each of which consists of two teams: a vanguard at the front and a major fleet backing them from the back.
Your main fleet comprises battleships, battlecruisers, and aircraft carriers that provide artillery fire and air support. Meanwhile, your vanguard comprises destroyers, light, and heavy cruisers that conduct most of the firing.
When you are constructing your fleet, you have the choice of completing story missions, daily special missions, exercises versus other players, or event stages, depending on whether or not a particular event is currently being held.
During the story and event levels, you will be placed on a map, and it will be up to you to decide whose fleets you will eliminate on your route to the opposing flagship.
- The visual design of Azur Lane is one of the best aspects of the game.
- Azur Lane is known for its character designs, especially the female characters.
- Azur Lane has some incredibly detailed art.
- The music in Azure Lane is incredible.
- The narrative of Azure Lane is quite interesting.
- Overall, Azur Lane is a very repetitive game.
Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Developer: Capital Games, EA Mobile
- Release Date: November 24, 2015
The mobile game Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is a role-playing game (RPG) that is available for both the Android and Apple operating systems. Players may acquire their beloved Heroes And villains by completing challenges inside the game, getting involved in special events, obtaining them by luck, or acquiring them through the in-game store by procuring crystals for actual money in order to swap for shards of the heroes and villains.
The large number of recognizable Fictional Characters that can be found in Galaxy of Heroes was one of the elements that hooked me to the game. Each playable persona possesses unique skills that, if discovered, may be accessed and further honed to reflect the tastes of the specific player.
The battle system in Galaxy of Heroes is a traditional turn-based role-playing game setup. The characters are classified based on whether they are aligned with the Light or Dark Side of the Force.
As a die-hard Star Wars fan, the gacha element in Galaxy of Heroes just makes this installment perfect. If you love gacha plus Star Wars theme like me, then this could well be the Best Gacha game for you too!
- There is a huge nostalgia factor involved in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is a very well-optimized game.
- There is an insane amount of characters you can collect in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
- The graphics and art style of Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes are below expectations.
Dragon Ball Legends
- Developer: BNE Entertainment, Dimps
- Release Date: May 17, 2018
The video game Dragon Ball Legends is based on an anime. If you are searching for a new game to play, we highly recommend picking this one up. It features a plot, as well as action aspects and riddles. It is a very enjoyable game. It also provides a great deal of entertainment. You may play the game by yourself or with multiple players at the same time.
The game may be played in a couple of different ways. There is a single-player mode, as well as a multiplayer mode. You are able to build your own character when playing in alone mode. You have the option of giving your character a name, choosing their gender, and customizing their look. In addition, you have the ability to select both your class and your preferred method of combat.
We now have a much better understanding of how the game was developed as a result of a recent interview that was conducted with Gamelab. The game has grown fairly popular as a mobile game over the past few months.
- The graphics in Dragon Ball Legends are amazing for a mobile game.
- The optimization for Dragon Ball Legends is mind-blowing.
- Dragon Ball Legends contains almost every single character from the Dragon Ball universe.
- The story in Dragon Ball Legends is pretty decent.
- While the story of Dragon Ball Legends is great, it is told through still images and a lot of text.
- There are constant balancing issues in the PVP mode of Dragon Ball Legends.
- Developer: miHoYo, Shanghai Miha Touring Film Technology Co., Ltd.
- Release Date: September 28, 2020
Genshin Impact has caused quite a commotion in the gaming industry, and ever since it was released, it has served as a stepping stone to professional success for a great many streamers and YouTubers. The game has become an icon and genre-defining, and that is why it stands at the top in our list of best gacha games players should experience in 2023.
The key challenges of Genshin may be completed with free characters. Players who put forth the effort may advance the narrative, finish world quests, and fulfill daily commissions without spending any real money. If you do so, you should be rewarded with a sufficient amount of in-game cash to enable you to sometimes pull for paid characters.
- Genshin Impact has possibly the best graphics out of any Gacha game.
- The gameplay in Genshin Impact is very easy to understand.
- Genshin Impact supports cross-platform play.
- Genshin Impact’s graphics do not take much of a hit when playing on a mobile device.
- Genshin Impact has a great incentive to spend money to get your favorite character.
- The pull rates in Genshin Impact can be very unforgiving a lot of the time.
- The end game of Genshin Impact is unfortunately very dull.
That is pretty much everything you need to know about the top-tier and best Gacha games released up till 2023. Which one is your favorite from our list? If you ask us the three best ones, we will not hesitate to name Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, Marvel Strike Force, and Genshin Impact. Let us know more of your thoughts in the comments section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍