The Best Gadgets in Spider-Man 2 can be unlocked pretty early, especially if you own the digital deluxe edition. Even if you don’t have the deluxe version, all of the gadgets in Insomniac’s latest Superhero title can be obtained easily and early in your playthrough.
The Best Gadgets In Spider-Man 2
Here is a list of all of the gadgets and what they allow you to do as Spider-Man;
|Web Grabber||Pulls a group of enemies together which allows you to follow up with a special attack.|
|Upshot||Suspends enemies in air and makes them susceptible to your attacks.|
|Web-Shooters||Can be used to either finish off enemies at low health or make brutes vulnerable.|
|Web Line||Stealth focused gadget that allows you to move around bases with more versatility.|
|Concussion Burst||Creates a shockwave that pushes back a group of enemies and leaves them susceptible to attacks for a few seconds.|
|Ricochet Web||Can be used to web multiple enemies as the single shot bounces between enemies.|
1. Web Grabber
The Web Grabber is undoubtedly the strongest gadget that you can use, and it becomes apparent once you start pairing it up with the special abilities that utilize Peter’s Iron Arms or Miles’ Venom Powers.
Basically, the Web Grabber pulls a group of enemies together and holds them in one place in a vulnerable state. You can either use that to take out a single strong enemy or a whole group using the special moves.
- Since I purchased the deluxe edition of Spider-Man 2, the Web Grabber was unlocked for me early.
- You can also craft the Web Grabber by using 115 Tech Parts and 3 City Tokens.
- One of the upgrades for this gadget even increases the range from which it grabs enemies.
Upshot is another gadget that leaves enemies vulnerable, but this time, in the air. It lifts a group of enemies into the air and suspends them there for a brief period of time. You can utilize the opportunity to either extend combos in the air by using the web strike, or you can also yank the enemies down and then hit them with your special attacks.
- The Upshot gadget is actually available from the get-go, and you can access it during the tutorial mission.
- You can also upgrade the Upshot, which will allow it to suspend heavier enemies such as brutes.
The good old Web-Shooters make a return and are better than ever in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2. From making brutes vulnerable to attacks to finishing off enemies on low health, the Web-Shooters are really reliable.
Spamming R1 whilst fighting will always ensure to finish off fodder enemies by pinning them to walls or other structures. You can easily use this gadget as a finisher or to make enemies susceptible to attacks.
- The Web-Shooters are also available from the tutorial mission in Spider-Man 2.
- This gadget is the trademark of Spider-Man and has been available early on in all of Insomniac’s Spidey titles.
- I personally never get bored of taking down enemies using the Web-Shooters in Spider-Man 2.
4. Web Line
Technically, the Web Line is not listed in the gadgets section, but it actually acts like a gadget specifically built for stealth. There are no upgrade paths, and you unlock the gadget by playing through the campaign.
I am not a fan of stealth in Spider-Man 2, but for people who are, this gadget will allow you to sneak around easily, and you’ll be able to clear out entire bases without getting spotted.
- To unlock the gadget, you will need to play through the main mission known as Bad Guys On The Block.
- During the mission, Peter scans some of Kraven’s tech and builds the Web Line gadget.
5. Concussion Burst
The Concussion Burst gadget can only be crafted once you reach level 11 in Spider-Man 2. The requirement for its unlock is still early, and you’ll reach level 11 easily after a few missions.
As for the gadget, it creates a shockwave that knocks a big group of enemies backward and makes them susceptible to your attacks for a few seconds. The gadget is pretty good in situations when you’re getting ganged up on.
- You’ll need 170 Tech Parts and 4 Rare Tech Parts to craft the gadget in Spider-Man 2.
- There are many upgrades for Concussion Burst as well, which increase both its charges and effectiveness.
6. Ricochet Web
This is probably my least favorite gadget and the one that I used extremely rarely since it achieved the same end result as the Web-Shooters, but each shot jumped between a group of targets.
Instead, I would just use my Web-Shooters to manually aim and web the enemy that I wanted. However, you can pair the gadget with a special ability and get better results, but even there, the Web Grabber is a better choice.
- Firstly, you’ll need to reach level 13 in order to unlock the Ricochet Web gadget for crafting.
- After unlocking, you can craft it using 200 Tech Parts and 6 Hero Tokens.
My Thoughts On Gadgets In Marvel’s Spider-Man 2
I’m really enjoying using each and every gadget in Spider-Man 2 except the Ricochet Web, which is either a hit or a miss for most players. Pairing gadgets with special attacks to create some amazing combos really shows how much improvement Insomniac has made to the gameplay. Making all of the gadgets easy to unlock early on is also a much-welcome addition.
Spider-Man 2 is Insomniac’s biggest project yet that also harnesses the complete power of the PS5 to deliver the best Superhero adventure. With a strong cast of characters that are voiced by talented voice actors, Spider-Man 2 offers a narrative-rich experience that is packed with fluid gameplay. There are over 65 suits for your favorite heroes, and 10 more can be obtained as digital deluxe edition suits of Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.
This concludes my guide on the best gadgets in Spider-Man 2. I have not only listed all of the gadgets but have also ranked them from the best to the worst. I hope that the guide was helpful in learning about the best gadget that you can use. Let me know if you’re enjoying Spider-Man 2 so far in the comments below!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍