The different editions of Spider-Man 2 offer different benefits, and since the release date is just around the corner, players would want to know which edition is the best to buy. You should also know that each edition also comes with pre-order bonuses.
Spider-Man 2 All Editions Comparison
Here is a list of all the bonuses and early unlocks that you get by purchasing each edition:
|Features||Standard Edition||Launch Edition||Digital Deluxe Edition||Collector's Edition|
|Pre-Order Bonuses||If bought before release date||✅||✅||✅|
|Bonus Deluxe Suit Designs||❌||❌||✅||✅|
As always, the Standard Edition is the cheapest version you can buy, and it offers no bonuses besides the copy of the title itself. The Standard Edition comes at a price of 69.99$, which has basically become the default starting price of most Playstation 5 first-party titles. Even if the Standard Edition offers no bonuses, you can still obtain the pre-order benefits.
- Pre-ordering the Standard Edition will give you early access to a bunch of items in Spider-Man 2.
- You will receive the Arachknight Suit for Peter Parker and the Shadow Spider Suit for Miles Morales.
- Both of these suits will also come in more color variants so that you can customize them properly.
- The pre-order bonus will also give you early access to the Web Grabber Gadget.
- Lastly, you will also get three skill points, which will give you a headstart in Insomniac’s new and improved New York.
You should note that even if you don’t pre-order the standard edition, or any edition for that matter, you can still get the suits and gadgets mentioned above by playing through the campaign. The pre-order bonus only gives you early access to these items, or at least that is what Playstation has claimed in the trailers.
The Launch Edition is a disc-exclusive variant, basically the standard edition paired with the pre-order bonuses, according to the official Playstation Store. It is also priced at the same 69.99$ as the standard edition. So, if you buy the disc variant of Spider-Man 2 and do not want to get the title digitally, you should probably look for the Launch Edition disc variant.
Digital Deluxe Edition
For just a 10$ increase in price from the Standard or Launch Edition, the Digital Deluxe Edition has a lot of bonus items to offer at the price of 79.99$. Now, the bonus suits that you get with the deluxe edition are exclusive to this version and are not just early access items. It means that those bonus suits can only be unlocked by purchasing the deluxe version, and there is no method to unlock them in the campaign.
- The pre-order bonuses are included, which allow early access to two suits for Peter and Miles.
- These pre-order bonuses come with the edition, even if you didn’t pre-order Spider-Man 2.
- A complete digital copy is included in the edition, and unfortunately, there is no physical disc version of the deluxe edition yet.
- The deluxe edition also includes two more skill points to headstart your journey.
- Some photo mode items, including frames and stickers, exclusively come with the purchase of the deluxe edition.
- Ten new suits are included, five each for Peter Parker and Miles Morales.
- Peter can access the Tactical, Aurantia, 25th Century, Stone Monkey, and Apunkalyptic Suits.
- The Agimat, Red Spectre, Encoded, Biomechanical, and Tokusatsu Suits are unlocked for Miles.
I have also pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition since not owning a physical disc does not bother me. But no deluxe items on a disc edition currently is a flaw, and Playstation might release such a version later.
This is the most expensive edition and is probably made for die-hard fans of the series. Firstly, it is priced at 229.99$, which is quite a lot, but its benefits justify the price point. You will get all of the bonus items included in the Deluxe Edition and the pre-order bonuses with the purchase of the Collector’s Edition.
- In addition to the pre-order and Deluxe Edition bonuses, there are three additional things.
- You will receive a digital code for the digital copy of Spider-Man 2.
- A Steelbook case of Spider-Man 2 is also included, but it is a bummer that it does not come with a physical disc.
- Lastly, there is the 19-inch Venom Statue, the key highlight of this edition.
- The Venom Statue also includes both Peter and Miles, and the whole figure represents the two Spider-Men fighting Venom in a cool pose.
- Honestly, if you’re a collector, then this statue is something that you should not miss out on.
The Best Spider-Man 2 Edition In My Opinion
As I have mentioned, if owning a digital version does not bother you, then the Digital Deluxe Edition is the best choice. It offers pre-order bonuses, and the additional suits are extremely well-designed and justify the 10$ increase from the Standard Edition. These are the reasons that made me pre-order the Deluxe Edition.
However, if you want to own a physical copy, your best bet should be purchasing the Launch Edition, which also gives you access to the pre-order bonuses. As for the die-hard fans, purchasing the Collector’s Edition should be no problem for them, which lets you enjoy the 19 inches of Venom Statue.
This concludes my guide on all editions of Spider-Man 2 and the best edition that you can purchase additionally. I have not only entailed all of the editions but also explained the bonuses each edition has. I hope that the guide was helpful in learning about which edition is the best for pre-ordering. Let me know if you’re hyped for Insomniac’s third Spider-Man title in the comments below!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍