- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 will feature 30, 40, and 60 FPS modes, paired with VRR and 120Hz support.
- According to Mike Fitzgerald, there’s no mode in the game where the player will have to turn off ray tracing.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is set to release on October 20, 2023.
In a recent interview with IGN, Mike Fitzgerald talked about how Insomniac Games plans to utilize the PlayStation 5’s hardware capabilities to deliver a smooth experience in 60, 40, or 30 FPS, all with ray tracing and VRR support for Spider-Man 2. Mike Fitzgerald also talked about having a “robust temporal anti-aliasing solution” that lets them scale it up and down to suit the player’s preference better.
Whether you have VRR television, 120Hz TV, whether you like playing at 60 FPS or 30 or 40, if you have 120hz TV, we really get to tailor everything to best utilize that tech.” – Mike Fitzgerald
The director of core technology, Mike Fitzgerald, heavily emphasized giving the player complete control over their desired graphical preferences. Insomniac’s Spider-Man 2 will also support 120Hz displays and aim to deliver everything smoothly without ever requiring to turn the ray tracing off for better performance. Having ray tracing on all the time will add extreme detail to the environment and make the game appear more realistic to deliver an authentic Spider-Man experience for the players.
- Peter And Miles To Get 5 Exclusive Suits Each In Spider-Man 2
- The World May Not Be “Quite Prepared” For Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Claims PlayStation Studios Official
- Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 Will Let You Adjust Combat Speed; Graphics Modes Leaked
There’s no mode of this game that has the ray tracing turned off, no need for it. We’ve really figured out how to deliver what we feel like is the right Spider-Man picture and visuals and we want to make sure every player is seeing that.”
Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 is set to release on October 20, 2023, as a PlayStation 5 exclusive. The game is being developed by Insomniac Games and published by Sony. From what we’ve seen so far, Spider-Man 2 will aim to deliver streamlined performance paired with ray tracing and VRR support by utilizing the complete hardware potential of PlayStation 5.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍