The Rat King is a unique and interesting exotic sidearm in Destiny 2, known for its strong teamwork abilities. It has a perk called “Vermin” that makes the player briefly invisible after reloading following a kill. Another perk called “Rat Pack” increases its damage output for each additional Rat King nearby. The weapon is worth pursuing its unconventional gameplay mechanics and potential for dealing massive damage with a coordinated team.
How To Get The Rat King
Players must complete the “Enemy of my Enemy” quest on Titan and then solve a series of riddles and challenges called the “Rat King’s Crew” quest to get the Rat King. Each of the four riddles requires the player to complete a specific activity with at least one other Guardian in their fireteam.
These activities include completing three patrol missions, two public events, two Crucible matches, and a Nightfall strike with at least five minutes remaining on the clock. Once all four challenges are completed, players will be rewarded with the Rat King exotic sidearm.
But as of Season 20, players can freely acquire the weapon through the Exotic archive kiosk located in the Tower. It is available to purchase from the Red War section, along with other exotic weapons.
Rat King’s Exotic Perks
The Rat King exotic sidearm features two unique perks: Vermin and Rat Pack. The Vermin perk allows players to turn invisible briefly after reloading following a kill, which can be incredibly useful for escaping danger or dealing with surprise damage.
However, the Rat Pack perk truly sets this weapon apart. When multiple members of a fireteam equip the Rat King, the weapon’s damage output increases slightly for each additional Rat King nearby, up to a maximum of six stacks. This makes the Rat King incredibly powerful when used in a coordinated team, and it’s a must-have for those who enjoy playing with a dedicated group.
How To Get The Rat King Catalyst
|Rounds Per Minute||300|
The Rat King Catalyst is a rare and valuable addition to the Rat King’s abilities. There is no guaranteed way to increase the chances of getting the Rat King Catalyst, and it may take a player several attempts to acquire it finally.
- The Rat King Catalyst can be obtained by completing Heroic or Nightfall Strikes.
- The chance of receiving the Rat King Catalyst is random.
- Once obtained, a teammate can upgrade the Catalyst by killing one thousand enemies using the Rat King.
- Upgrading the Catalyst can be a challenging task.
- However, it is worth it for the increased power and abilities that the Rat King Catalyst provides.
What The Catalyst Does
The Rat King Catalyst is a highly sought-after upgrade for the Rat King exotic sidearm in Destiny 2. When equipped, the Rat King Catalyst provides a unique perk called Infestation, which provides three different benefits to the Rat King.
- The Rat King Catalyst improves the weapon’s aim assist, making it easier to hit enemies.
- It improves the recoil direction, making it easier to control the weapon and stay on target.
- The Infestation perk triggers Vermin invisibility, which refreshes the player’s health.
- When a player reloads after killing an enemy and becomes invisible, their health will be briefly refreshed.
- The Rat King Catalyst is essential for ensuring survivability for Hunters who rely on the invisibility provided by the Rat King.
- It makes PvP encounters much more interesting.
Overall, the Rat King Catalyst significantly enhances the capabilities of the Rat King weapon, making it a must-have for players who rely on this unique sidearm.
Upgrading The Catalyst
Upgrading the Rat King Catalyst can be a challenge as it requires a player to get one thousand kills using the Rat King while playing with a teammate. This can be a time-consuming and frustrating task, but it is worth it for the benefits that the upgraded Catalyst provides.
One thousand kills may seem like a lot, but players can make the process easier by finding a group of players who also want to upgrade their Rat King Catalysts or enjoy using the weapon.
- Each member of the fireteam’s kills counts towards the one thousand required for the Rat King Catalyst upgrade.
- The upgrade is a team effort, requiring coordination and commitment from everyone involved.
- Kills for the Catalyst upgrade cannot be done retroactively, so the fireteam members must first have the Rat King Catalyst before their teammate can start working towards the one thousand kills.
Tips For Getting The Rat King And Upgrading The Catalyst
To obtain the Rat King and its Catalyst, it’s essential to complete the necessary quest steps and activities with a fireteam equipped with the weapon. This will activate the Rat Pack perk, significantly increasing the weapon’s power.
- To upgrade the Rat King Catalyst, players need a teammate to kill 1000 enemies using the weapon.
- Finding a dedicated group of players committed to using the Rat King is the best way to achieve this.
- Completing as many Heroic or Nightfall Strikes as possible increases the odds of obtaining the Rat King Catalyst.
- Using the Rat King in PvP encounters, particularly for Hunters, can be beneficial due to the Infestation perk’s invisibility and health refresh.
In conclusion, the Rat King is a unique and powerful exotic sidearm in Destiny 2 that requires teamwork to unlock its potential fully. Obtaining the weapon involves completing the “Enemy of my Enemy” quest on Titan and solving the “Rat King’s Crew” riddles. In contrast, the Rat King Catalyst can be obtained through Heroic or Nightfall Strikes, with a chance of dropping randomly.
- Destiny 2 Horned Wreath
- Destiny 2: How To Beat Nezarec
- Destiny 2: All Root Of Nightmares Drops
- Destiny 2: Emblem Codes
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍