Veronica Santangelo is among the most memorable and likable characters in all of Fallout New Vegas. In a world full of slavers, murderers, and cannibals, she manages to be a source of positivity and hope for the players. It’s not hard to see why so many fans like her.
It also helps that one of the best quests in the entire game revolves around her and the Brotherhood of Steel faction.
So this Fallout New Vegas Veronica guide will show you how to get the most out of this companion.
Fallout New Vegas Veronica Guide
I won’t go into too much detail about the particulars of how to recruit Veronica. We have an entire Fallout New Vegas companion guide that shows you how to find and recruit all companions in the game. But long story short, she can be found at the 188 Trading Post.
As a companion, Veronica Santangelo can provide the player with a number of unique perks. One of these is given by default, but others have to be acquired through a few different quests.
The full list of all these perks can be seen here:
This is the perk given to the player simply by having Veronica in your party. It allows you to craft items out in the field without a Workbench.
You can open up the menu by initiating dialogue with the companion, and then you can create weapons, healing items, and even recycle ammo without having to look for a crafting station.
Veronica’s presence does not negate any of the crafting requirements, however, so you can still only craft items that you have the appropriate components and skill levels for.
Veronica hopes to wear a dress, but due to her role as a member of the Brotherhood of Steel, she has not been able to realize this dream. Players can help her accomplish this goal by giving her some fancy clothes to wear, which completes the ‘You Make Me Feel Like a Woman’ unmarked quest.
There are only two clothing pieces in Fallout New Vegas that qualify for this quest; the White Glove Society Attire and the Formal Wear. Both of these can only be obtained from the White Glove Society of the Ultra-Luxe Casino.
You can either kill a member of this faction, steal these outfits from their corpse, or play through the ‘Beyond the Beef’ quest and be rewarded with some Formal Wear. Once you have either of these outfits, put them inside Veronica’s inventory.
Veronica will thank you for the gift and teach you the perk as a reward after this is done. This is an unarmed move that allows players to counter-attack enemies after blocking an incoming attack.
Bonds of Steel or Causeless Rebel
After you start traveling with Veronica and visit a bunch of different locations in the Mojave Wasteland, she will automatically begin a conversation with you and start the quest ‘I Could Make You Care.’
There are nine different triggers for this quest, but players only have to complete three to start the mission. You can see all of these below:
- Camp McCarran Terminal Building (First): When you first enter the massive building in Camp McCarran, Veronica will express her surprise at the number of NCR soldiers in the location.
- Camp McCarran Terminal Building (Second): After your first interaction with Dr. Thomas Hildern in his office, Veronica will start talking to you about how the NCR faction is investing in the new research.
- Casa Madrid Apartments: Interacting with Tom Anderson will prompt Veronica to bring up Steel’s Brotherhood and their lack of a real purpose in the Mojave Wasteland.
- Cottonwood Cove, Nelson, or The Fort: Visiting any of these locations gets Veronica talking about the Nevada region’s ongoing conflict.
- Nellis Air Force Base: listening to Pete’s lecture about the history of the Boomers allows Veronica to draw a comparison between them and the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Old Mormon Fort: Talking to Julie Farkas, the leader of the Followers of the Apocalypse, causes Veronica to become impressed by their humanitarian work.
- REPCONN Rest Site: While discussing the ‘Great Journey’ with Jason Bright, Veronica remarks about the similarities between her mentor Father Elijah and Jason himself.
- Silver Rush: Veronica comments on all of the energy weapons present in the Silver Rush when talking to Gloria Van Graff.
- Vault 3: Approaching the entrance to Vault 3 gets Veronica to talk about how the Fiends gang is giving the NCR more trouble than the Brotherhood of Steel ever did.
Once the quest begins, players will be given the task to hunt down one of three different items for the Brotherhood of Steel. Regardless of what path you take, you will have to make a decision about Veronica’s role in the faction towards the end of the quest.
If Veronica remains a member of the group, she receives the Bonds of Steel perk. This improves her ability to withstand attacks by increasing her Damage Threshold by 4 points.
In the event that she leaves the group instead, she gains the Causeless Rebel perk. It improves her combat abilities, buy increasing her unarmed attack rate by 30%.
Elijah’s Ramblings or Elijah’s Last Words
The Dead Money expansion takes players to a brand new location known as the Sierra Madre Casino & Resort, where they have to undertake a new questline from a mysterious NPC.
The DLC does not directly influence the events of the main game, but certain characters and events tie back into the stories of both the Brotherhood of Steel and Veronica herself.
Once players complete the main Sierra Madre questline’s final mission, they are sent back to the Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel bunker. They can now look on the computer terminal here and choose the ‘Download Holomessage’ option.
This message is locked for now, but you can meet up with Veronica once again and ask her to talk about the Brotherhood. Once you’ve exhausted all of her dialogue relating to her mentor Father Elijah, you will get the option to mention that you found him at the Sierra Madre.
After Veronica unlocks the message, two different things can happen.
If you let her have the holotape, she will gain the Elijah’s Last Words perk. This turns her into a killing machine by increasing her melee speed by 150%. It also gives her attacks a 25% chance to knock down foes.
Choosing to keep the holotape for yourself will give the player Elijah’s Ramblings perk. Now the amount of damage done by your critical attacks is increased by 50%.
This has been our Fallout New Vegas Veronica Companion guide.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍