MK1 has many different Best Characters, each with their own personality and cool fighting moves. But if you’re new to Mortal Kombat, picking a character that’s easy for beginners can be tough, especially with the new gameplay mechanics and changes in MK1.
MK1 Best Characters
Here is the summary of the Best Characters In MK1:
|1||Kenshi||Challenging, complex combos with Sento|
|2||Liu Kang||Versatile, easy-to-learn combos|
|3||Scorpion||Balanced playstyle, iconic moveset|
|4||Johnny Cage||Flashy, mix of simple and complex combos|
|5||Geras||Time manipulation, unpredictable attacks|
|6||Raiden||Lightning-based, ranged projectiles|
|7||Kitana||Versatile projectiles, aerial combat|
|8||Kung Lao||Hat throws, devastating dive kick|
|9||Reptile||Versatile moveset, invisibility|
|10||Sub-Zero||Freezing abilities, defensive-aggressive|
10. ScorpionScorpion, the fiery ninja with his iconic moves and a Kusarigama weapon.
Scorpion maintains his recognizable moveset, including teleports, “get over here” grabs, and fiery attacks. A reliable character, ideal for practicing combos and mastering Mortal Kombat 1’s mechanics. Scorpion continues to be a powerful and iconic presence as one of the best characters in Mortal Kombat 1.
- Iconic and easily recognizable moveset makes him accessible to newcomers.
- Offers a balanced playstyle that combines fast, close-range attacks with powerful ranged abilities.
- Versatile and adaptable, making him a formidable opponent in various situations.
- Consistent performance across different skill levels, from beginners to pros.
- Remains a fan-favorite character known for his memorable catchphrases and deadly moves.
9. Johnny CageJohnny Cage is a charismatic martial artist and actor with flashy moves and a versatile playstyle.
Known for his iconic moves and humorous personality, Johnny Cage plays a prominent role in the Mortal Kombat 1 storyline. Johnny Cage offers an MK1 character skin in the likeness of the famous martial arts actor Jean-Claude Van Damme.
- Johnny Cage is considered one of the MK1 best characters due to his powerful moves, which include Rising Star, Ball Buster, and Shadow Dash.
- His Hype ability allows him to cancel into special moves, adding versatility to his combos and attacks.
- Provides a mix of both simple and complex combos, making him suitable for players of all skill levels.
- High damage potential and varied mix-ups make him a dominant force in Mortal Kombat 1.
- Known for his humor and charisma, Johnny Cage is a fan-favorite character with a memorable personality.
8. KitanaKitana, the lethal Princess of Edenia, returns to Mortal Kombat 1 with her iconic fans and a central role in the storyline.
Kitana wields her trademark fans, which come with blood-spilling attacks and fatalities, making her one of the best characters in Mortal Kombat 1.
- Kitana’s combat style revolves around controlling the match tempo with versatile projectiles and stunning moves.
- In Mortal Kombat 1, she excels in aerial combat, launching opponents into the air and executing extensive combo chains.
- While her fans may not match the sheer power of some other characters, Kitana’s potential for devastating combos and lethal attacks is evident.
- During the Mortal Kombat Stress Test, her infinite combo demonstrated her formidable capabilities, earning her a top-tier position in the MK1 tier list.
7. GerasGeras, a god-like fighter with unparalleled time manipulation abilities, is known for his association with the Keeper of Time.
Returning from Mortal Kombat 11, Geras brings god-like strength and sand-based attacks to Mortal Kombat 1. He has the ability to manipulate time and can perform time-shifting maneuvers, command grabs, and stunning attacks.
- Geras is considered one of the best characters in MK1, thanks to his formidable time powers.
- His unique skillset includes time-shifting maneuvers, unpredictable command grabs, and a charge-up mechanic for devastating combos.
- Geras can immobilize enemies and unleash unblockable, high-damage combos, making him a force to be reckoned with.
- A skilled player’s choice, Geras offers both power and finesse, making him an elite character in Mortal Kombat 1.
6. Kung LaoKung Lao returns to Mortal Kombat 1, without his iconic bladed hat initially, as both a main roster and Kameo character.
Kung Lao’s absence of his signature weapon, the bladed hat, is a central plot point in Mortal Kombat 1, promising to shed light on how he reclaims it during the storyline. Surprisingly, he also lacks his teleport move in this edition, which affects his overall versatility and playstyle.
- Kung Lao’s character has been a staple in the Mortal Kombat series since its second installment, known for his iconic bladed hat and diverse fighting skills.
- In Mortal Kombat 1, his strengths primarily revolve around powerful hat throws and a devastating dive kick, which still deals significant damage.
- Despite the removal of his classic teleport move, Kung Lao’s iconic bladed hat moves, including finishers, maintain his reputation as a formidable fighter.
5. ReptileReptile returns in Mortal Kombat 1 with a new backstory, banished from his society for his human-form-shifting ability, and retains his deadly poison-based attacks, including invisibility.
Making his debut as a secret boss in 1992, Reptile, originally known as Syzoth, is a unique Zaterran from Outworld, renowned for his shape-shifting capabilities and agility. In Mortal Kombat 1, he’s a fan favorite due to his expansive moveset, ranging from classic acid spit to newly introduced moves like falling fangs and the death roll.
- Reptile’s iconic invisibility adds to his tactical prowess, but it’s not the sole reason for his effectiveness.
- His versatile moveset, including acid spit, force ball, falling fangs, and death roll, grants him a formidable edge.
- Reptile’s capability to attack from various angles and his sweeping range make him a well-rounded fighter in Mortal Kombat 1.
4. Sub-ZeroSub-Zero, the iconic ice-wielding character, returns as Bi-Han in Mortal Kombat 1, showcasing his mastery over freezing abilities, defensive playstyle, and synergy with Kameo fighters.
Sub-Zero, a golden character in the Mortal Kombat series, is celebrated for his chilling ice-based techniques that control the pace of battles. In MK1, he firmly secures a good ranking thanks to his freezing moves, signature abilities, and the new Deadly Vapours addition.
- Sub-Zero’s chilling abilities, especially his iconic ice ball moves, allow him to dictate the battle tempo, compelling opponents to adapt to his icy attack patterns.
- He combines defensive tactics with aggressive approaches, using moves like ice slides and diving glaciers to launch and extend combos effectively.
- His synergy with Kameo fighter attacks enhances his combat potential, making him a top-tier powerhouse in Mortal Kombat 1.
3. RaidenRaiden, no longer a god but armed with lightning powers, remains an iconic and devastating combatant in Mortal Kombat 1.
Raiden has now joined the ranks as an eager recruit and still wielding his electrifying abilities. He is a main roster character and distinguishes himself with his monk attire and unwavering sense of righteousness.
- Raiden’s lightning-based attacks, such as the Electric Fly, deliver stunning combos and visual effects.
- His versatile moveset includes an attack that encircles him with a globe of electricity, allowing him to effectively punish opponent mistakes.
- He possesses an array of low and overhead attacks, making him unpredictable in combat.
- With ranged projectiles and teleportation, Raiden commands significant control over the battlefield, keeping his adversaries on edge.
2. Liu KangLiu Kang is a top choice for Mortal Kombat 1 players. As a skilled martial artist, he’s known for his versatility and powerful attacks.
Liu Kang, now a god in the Mortal Kombat universe, remains an iconic character with kung-fu moves and fire abilities. In Mortal Kombat 1, Liu Kang retains his classic moves but with enhancements to his signature abilities, making him even more formidable and one of the best characters.
- Offers easy-to-learn combos with substantial damage output.
- Wields versatile projectile attacks capable of targeting opponents high and low.
- Engages opponents directly with flying kicks after launching projectiles.
- Suitable for both beginners and experienced players due to his balanced mix of physical strength and supernatural powers.
1. KenshiKenshi, the blind swordsman in Mortal Kombat 1, is known for his unique combat style involving a spirit buddy, Sento.
Kenshi embarks on a quest to recover his iconic blade from a famous actor, with the Kameo fighter backing him up. His campaign takes an intriguing twist as he loses his sight and gains the power of the Sento blade.
- Kenshi’s unique combat style involves partnering with a spirit companion named Sento.
- His combos with Sento unleash immense damage potential.
- A ghostly samurai, part of his special stance, can attack even while Kenshi is blocking.
- Skilled players can effectively counter faster fighters by mastering Kenshi’s complex combos.
- Playing as Kenshi offers a challenging yet rewarding gameplay experience.
That’s it on the MK1 Best Characters. Read the Mortal Kombat 1 Trophy Guide if you will be going on a trophy hunt, as knowing all trophies can help you be a completionist. If you wanna kill your opponent in the most gruesome ways possible, learn to Unlock Fatalities in Mortal Kombat 1 as every characters has two fatalities. If you wanna feel some RPG elements, try the Invasion Mode in Mortal Kombat 1. ;
- MK1: Best Kameo For Mileena
- MK1: How To Solve Another Test Subject Klue
- MK1: Cyrax Fatality
- MK1: Netherstone
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍