Warhammer 40K Darktide has a total of 4 classes that players can choose from, and all 4 serve different gameplay based on players’ preferences. Our Warhammer 40K Darktide Best Classes guide will showcase a complete overview of each class, including their skills, weapons used by them, as well as personality changes, and what changes are brought to their upbringing!
Things To Know Beforehand:
- Players can choose from four classes Veteran, Zealot, Psykers, as well as the Ogryn class!
- The main benefit of getting to know about all classes will be that players will be able to choose the class that will suit them the best!
- The best way to find out the best class will be to read up on abilities, see showcases and figure out which one might fit your general playstyle!
- No class can essentially be described as “best” since every player will have different preferences for classes!
Kicking things off, we have the Veteran class with us. The veterans are described to be the troopers or sharpshooters of the Astra Militarium, and they are known to be extremely skilled and seasoned warriors that serve the Emperor of Mankind and will always stay in service to the Emperor regardless of circumstances.
When it comes to the overall playstyle, while playing as a veteran, players will be able to specialize in ranged combat as compared to focusing on melee combat. It almost doesn’t matter when you go up front and center to take out an enemy or spray your way through; you can bring any kind of enemy to its knees.
As for the overall abilities, players will have a main class ability:
- Volley Fire: It will be the class ability, allowing players to go into a ranged stance for a total of 5 seconds while being able to wield their ranged weapons, will prioritize nearby Elite enemies and will target them, and will deal 50% increased Damage.
As for the iconic abilities, they are the following:
- Make Every Shot Count: Players will be able to experience that their weak spot damage against enemies will be increased by a total of 15%.
- Be Prepared: The overall ammo reserve for the wielded ranged weapon will be increased by 40%.
As for Blitz abilities, there will be one known as Frag Grenade, which will essentially give the player a fragmentation grande that will explode after a short period of time.
Scavenger will be the aura ability, and anytime the player ends up killing an elite enemy, you and your allies who are in Coherency will get a little bit of ammo for your ranged weapons.
Now, when it comes to the weapons of Sharpshooters, they will mainly focus on ranged combat, but they will have a melee weapon on hand as well, though it will be seldom used. The two main weapons that players will get will be combat shovels and plasma guns, though plasma guns will be mainly used.
Now, when it comes to the Childhood of Veterans, there will be 8 choices to choose between, ranging from the following:
- Stinkskin Apprentice: An apprentice who will need to learn to chem-treat hides of different vermin to create leather.
- Progena: Known to be the orphans of the emperium, they will be given an upbringing that is incomparable to anyone else.
- Militia Lackey: These lackeys will typically be pressed youth that will not be able to get any ranks or any glory.
- Hive Urchin: Orphans that are known to be rejected and rarely earn anything, and only serve to be thieves or part of local gangs.
- Apprentice Scribe: A scribe will be charged with the governance of the overall emperium.
- Sludger, Drudger, and Leech Harvester are known to be one of the lowest childhood upbringings for veterans.
When the veterans are growing up, they will have a total of 7 choices to choose from as well, and they will range from the Enlisted, Hive Ganer, Comfort Through Discipline, Conscripted, Hive Guide, Witness To A Crime or Unpaid Debt.
Each class will have its own defining moment as well, which will shape the person to have their own personality, and players will get 7 options to go with:
- Recruited: The Astra militarum will be drawing recruits from myriad sources.
- Saved By The Sarge: our sarge gave up her life to save the player. Therefore, it must be honored.
- As for the next moments, they will range from Field Promotion, Duel, Warp Storm, Decorated for Bravery as well as Elite Formation.
Pros And Cons
Last but not least, let’s quickly discuss the pros and cons of using a veteran class. One of the main pros will be that the player will be able to stay at a safe distance ad will be able to dish out quite a lot of Damage!
You won’t need to be close to the enemy and, therefore, won’t really need to engage in any sort of close combat, but you will still be able to get a sight of the arena before any kind of enemy arrives.
As for the main con, it’s simply that if you are forced to do melee combat, you will most probably suck at it.
Moving on, the next class that we would like to discuss will be known as the Zealot or the preacher class, and they are described to be pious warriors who are able to use their rage and fervor in combat, and they are often known to be fearless. They are able to make way to areas that are extremely feared.
When it comes to the playstyle, Zealots will typically be a high damage-causing class that will have its expertise lie in close-ranged combat as opposed to long-ranged. While being a preacher, you will not care whether you live or you die, and you will be able to have your attacks buffed based on your HP, and you are absolutely ruthless in your attacks.
As for the abilities, the class ability will be as follows:
- Chastise The Wicked: The preacher will e able to dash forward or any enemy that has been targeted and will be able to gain a total of 50% toughness while being able to have the Damage of their next melee hit increased by a total of 25%, ensuring that it will be a crit hit.
As for the iconic abilities, there will be two:
- Martyrdom: For every 15 health that the player is missing, the overall Damage will be increased by 5 and can be stacked 3 times, making you gain 15 damage in total.
- Until Death: every 90 seconds, the player will be able to gain vulnerability for 5 seconds anytime you intake a hit that would have essentially killed you off.
- Swift Exorcism: Your overall attack speed will be increased by 10%.
As for blitz, zealot players will receive a stun grenade that will allow them to stun all enemies that are within the blast radius of their overall range, and it will make the enemies a whole lot more vulnerable.
As for the aura ability, it will be known as The Emperor’s Will, which will allow them to gain a total of 7% toughness damage reduction, and it can also work with allies that are present with you in Coherency.
Players who are playing as Zealots will typically place their focus on being more melee focused as compared to Veterans. Therefore, players will get a two-handed chainsword as well as flamers that can be used in combat.
When it comes to the Childhood of Zealots, they will have the same options as Veternas, which will range from Stinkskin Apprentice, Progenas, Militia Lackeys, Hive Urchins, Apprentice scribes, sludgers, and leech harvesters.
As for growing up, you will be able to gain 7 different choices, which will range from:
- Lowly Scribes: For individuals who will do nothing to stop their advancements and will aim for betterment no matter what.
- Isolated: The bureaucratic discrete of the Adeptus administration is known to draft or displace any person, often for no reason a tall.
- Self-reliance: Everyone must find a way to get rid of dangerous perils for themselves.
- Saw The Light: These are known to be the most devout followers of the imperial cult.
- True Calling: These cultists will often reprimand anyone else and will always place their focus on worshipping the Emperor.
- Pilgrimage and Injured will be the final two growing-up options that the player can choose from.
As for the defining moment, the seven options that players will get will represent the life that the player has lived, with the number of hardships that they have faced, and how they have triumphed through them all no matter what:
- Encounter With Heretics
- A Strange Artifact
- Cult Contact
- Mutant Incident
- The Sickness
- The Voices
Pros And Cons
Last but not least, the main pros of using the Zealot will be that you will be able to play as a DPS unit while being able to dish out tons of Damage since you will be in such contact with the enemies. You will also be able to furiously experience the class, being able to convert your anger and fury into deadly Damage that can obliterate any enemy in sight.
As for the cons, you will always be surrounded by one enemy or another and will seldom get time to rest.
Moving onto the next class, we have the Psyker in hand, which will also be known as the Psykinetic class as well. They will be able to draw power from the Immaterium in order to fuel their mental capabilities. They are extremely suspicious people and are viewed as witches by everyone around them.
As for the overall playstyle, Psyker mains will be able to use their Psykintic mastery in order to be able to use their mind and take control of forces to do long-range combat. One thing that players should know about Psykers is that they will be extremely vulnerable and fragile whenever they are busy in combat. You will be able to power up your fellow allies and also cause enemies to become all the more vulnerable when in combat.
As for the abilities, the main class ability will be as follows:
- Psykinetic’s Wrath: Enemies that will be present in front of you will get staggered, and it will be done by quelling a total of 50% of your peril.
Moving on to the iconic abilities, there will be two main abilities:
- Warp Siphon: Whenever you are able to kill off an opponent using the Brain Burst, players will be able to earn a Warp Charge. Each charge will be able to grant the player a total of 3% damage increase, the warp charges will stay activated for 25 seconds, and players will be able to store about 4 charges at once.
- Battle Meditation: Players will gain a 10% chance whereby they will be able to quell 10% Peril on Kill.
As for the Blitz, players will get a Brain Burst, which will allow payers to target any opponent that is present in the field, which will allow players to charge the ability then and then deal extremely high Damage.
There will be an Aura ability as well, which will be known as Kinetic Presence, and whenever it is activated, the allies that are present in Coherency will be able to have their Damage increased by 10% whenever you are dealing with elite enemies in the arena.
As far as the weapons are concerned, there will be two main weapons that Psykers will use, and they will range from Force Swords as well as Force Staves, which can come in incredibly handy.
Moving onto Childhood, players will get a total of 5 choices that they can pick from:
- Navis Imperialis Conscript, which will describe that the imperial navy will provide fleet support to the vast armies of the Imperium.
- Tide Forager will be described as being a dangerous way to ply the waters since there are always predators amidst the waters ready to take away an unwary fisherman.
- Militia Lackeys are options that the players also got in a previous class.
- Sludgers will be described to be as a lower childhood to go for as well since there are tons of polluted rivers and streams, and Childhood will be extremely difficult.
- Leech Harvester will be described as having the presence of a sump leech that will be extremely predatory and will grow immensely in polluted areas.
Whenever the Psykers are growing up, they will be able to go for 7 different options:
- Escaped to the waters
- Forged by toil
- Grinding toil
As for their defining moments, they will have 7 to go from:
- Spell of Madness: THese will come out to be one of the most serious threats to the Imperium.
- Declared A Witch: Psykers that are unsanctioned will either be chosen to receive training from the Scholastia Psykana or will be taken away to the Black Ships in order to feed the Astronomican.
- The Black Ships
- Mutant Incident
- Psychic Awakening
- The Voices
Pros And Cons
Let’s end the class by discussing their pros and cons. The main pro of playing as a psyker will be that you will be able to target specific opponents and will be able to deal a high amount of Damage to them, making them fall to their knees and die out easily.
You will also be able to do ranged combat with utmost ease and can take on enemies at range easily. The main con is that they will be extremely vulnerable, causing them to die out easily as well. Therefore, players need to take in the number of enemies and their surroundings before heading into a fight.
Last but not least, the class that we would like to mention amongst the Warhammer 40K Darktide Best Classes will be the Ogryn class. They are also known to be skull breakers, and they are described as being massive and can come in handy as shock troops for the Astra Militarum.
When it comes to their playstyle, players who use the ogryn class will always be in close range of the enemies, and they will be extremely tough players. They are described to be a class that does not have subtlety in their name, and you will be a part of a class that will want to rush head first into battle whenever the opportunity presents itself.
You are able to take in incoming attacks from enemies quite easily without having to take Damage yourself while also being able to dish out impeccable Damage.
When it comes to the abilities, the Ogryn will have one main class ability, which will be bull rush, and players will be able to charge forward while being able to knock enemies back and being able to gain a total of 25% attack speed as well as 25% movement speed for about 5 seconds.
As for the Iconic abilities, there will be three main abilities:
- Excessive Force: players will be able to cause a 25% melee stagger to enemies in range.
- Loyal Protector: Anytime the player ends up being damaged while you are reviving or helping fellow allies, it will no longer interrupt you during combat.
- Thick Skin: Players will gain a total of 20% toughness damage reduction as well as 20% health damage reduction.
For blitz, players will gain a Big Box of hurt, which will allow them to launch out a large box of grenades with utmost strength, which will allow them to carry out a singular attack against enemies that will be absolutely deadly.
Last but not least, the aura ability will be Intimidating Presence, which will grant players 10% heavy melee damage to enemies.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍