- Fatshark has dropped patch 7’s release notes for Warhammer 40k: Darktide.
- The latest patch has plenty of updates, fixes, and tweaks and is centered around solving all the recent issues reported.
- The most prominent update is the aim assist system update for the controllers which makes aiming faster and easier when close to enemies.
Warhammer 40K: Darktide’s patch 7 is out now on PC. Developer Fatshark has added a few updated features, a myriad of bug fixes, and balance tweaks. The most prominent update this time is a revisited aim assist system for controllers. Moreover, some adaptions for weapon usage have also been kicked into motion. The full patch notes are now available and the update can be checked out here.
Get those spectacles out, Rejects!
— Warhammer 40K: Darktide (@Darktide40K) April 4, 2023
The updated aim assist for controllers has come in four settings.
- Full (DEFAULT) – Our latest Aim Assist code. Faster and easier to use with a slowdown when close to aiming at enemies. This applies to melee and ranged and will follow the target in a rotation if you aim and strafe.
- Light– The same as “Full” but with some features disabled, including the rotation lock when strafing.
- Legacy – The classic Aim Assist code used in Vermintide 2 and previous Darktide versions.
- Off – Turn off Aim Assist.
Various weapon adjustments have been made for a better experience. These include shortened time between firing and reloading weapon special while aiming down sights for Shotguns, some sound issues, and a rare issue that has been fixed where the server crashed when using the Nomanus Mk VI Surge Force Staff and attacking enemies dropping down from ledges.
This update also comes with a few animation adjustments, user interface, and heads-up display fixes. Another important fix is reducing the number of disconnects caused when players join games. A list of balance tweaks is made for Artemia Mk III Purgation Flamer, a powerful Warhammer 40k: Darktide weapon. It has a pair of fighting modes.
If you’re aiming down sight (ADS), Flamer is an automatic weapon that constantly belches fire at anything in front of you. If you are firing from the hip, it’s semi-automatic. Fatshark has left a note within the patch explaining their efforts to make Flamer an even more influential weapon.
More balance tweaks have been made for Munitorum Mk III and Mk IV Power Swords, Munitorum Mk III, and Mk IV Power Swords, Shotguns, and Ripperguns. More tweaks include time increased for deployed medical crates to last, lower burning DoT damage, and more that you can check here.
Earlier this year in February, the title received a major patch 4 that included a tonne of quality-of-life enhancements, more rewarding challenges, and simpler upgrades in addition to a tonne of weapon balancing adjustments. Afterward, patch 5 and patch 6 came with a host of bug fixes and were both focused on stability issues.
Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is a first-person action video game and is available on Microsoft Windows and Xbox Series X|S.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍