- The Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth director Naoki Hamaguchi recently appeared in an interview and claimed that the game’s development was smooth because many FF7 Remake devs stuck around.
- As per Naoki, 80 to 90% of the team from FF7 Remake joined to work on FF7 Rebirth, causing a sense of unity to develop between the team.
- The title featuring almost the same staff has caused the development to progress rapidly and smoothly. It helped the devs achieve “great flow and tempo of game development.”
The Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth director Naoki Hamaguchi recently appeared in an interview with Bloomberg and claimed that the title was developed smoothly because many FF7 Remake devs stuck around. About 80 to 90% of the team from the successful predecessor was involved in the upcoming sequel, causing a giant sense of unity to brew between the crew. The synergy between devs has caused the game to develop quickly and smoothly.
It was quite clear who to go to if we had a certain question or problem we were trying to solve. We were able to work together as a team, achieve this great flow and tempo of game development,” said director Naoki Hamaguchi.
FF7 Rebirth was able to develop efficiently even through the reign of the pandemic in the past years. The dev alleges that they were able to work together as a team and solve any hiccup that happened during the development.
It was quite clear who to go to if we had a certain question or problem we were trying to solve. We were able to work together as a team, achieve this great flow and tempo of game development.”
The director was seemingly in high school when the original Final Fantasy 7 came out. Naoki was always a fan of the entry and wanted to add his own two cents to the franchise. It is fair to say that he has succeeded. All in all, the Square Enix team has been praised by fans for developing the FF7 Rebirth in such a short time. It is tough to create prominent AAA entries in under half a decade in recent times.
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth: Matt Mercer Is Voicing The Fan-Favorite Vincent Valentine.
- Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Devs Currently Deciding A Release Date; Development Is Progressing Smoothly.
- Why Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth Deleting Your Save Data Is A Good Thing.
The entry will seemingly feature a lot of mini-games, much more than the original. Additionally, the devs have teased a huge surprise at an iconic and heart-breaking scene in FF7 Rebirth. While there is a significant sense of unity among the devs and the community, there is division over the use of the controversial term “JRPG” for the game.
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is slated to release on February 29, 2024, for only PlayStation 5. It is the second entry in the planned trilogy for the original Final Fantasy 7 released in 1997. Final Fantasy 7 Remake, which came out three years ago, was an astounding success for Square Enix, as it sold over 7 million copies. Its triumph has made fans anticipate the upcoming sequel from the get-go.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍