The Strand Sources Bonded objective in Destiny 2 is a difficult step in the Maelstrom questline that players may undertake if they have finished the Lightfall campaign and are ready for more of a challenge. The lack of background information about Strand sources and how to link with them contributes to the confusion and difficulty experienced by many players, making it more challenging to finish.
What Are Strand Sources?
The Lightfall expansion for Destiny 2 added a new subclass to the game called Strand Sources. They allow players to manipulate the Weave, a grid of psychic energy that links everything in the universe. Their reality-altering powers let them put even the strongest Guardians to the test.
How To Bond With Strand Sources
At the Liming Harbor region of Neomuna, you must look for two glowing green Strand orbs to complete the bonding process with the Strand sources.
- As soon as you start interacting with the orb, you will be able to “Look Within” and will also get a prompt that says “Super Charged.”
- When you have arrived at the Liming Harbor Waypoint, you must continue and then turn left to go to the first orb.
- After that, you should return to the same Waypoint and then continue moving in a straight direction until you get to a structure you may climb.
- The second orb will be available for you to collect. After obtaining both of them, the Maelstrom quest connected with the Strand Sources will be considered complete.
Finding Strand Sources
The Strand sources you need to discover will be much like those you utilized throughout the Lightfall campaign. They will have a core green glow and should be scattered over the map.
- Finding these will provide you access to the Strand subclass.
- Sadly, hunting out Strand sources with which you can bond might be difficult.
- These places only appear when you raise your Ghost up since there is no specific location on the map where they should spawn.
- Instead, you must search the whole Vex Incursion Zone to find and bring them down.
- You’ll be able to find the Vex Incursion Zone if you look for an icon labeled “Incursion” on the map and follow any of the lines that flow through it.
What Does Strand Do?
When this ability is active, you can access a wide range of Strand-based abilities that depend on your Guardian’s class.
- You can utilize the Strand Grapple, in particular, to draw yourself to specified points and let off an AOE melee attack.
- This is effective for wiping out areas plagued with smaller enemies.
- Keep this in mind, and take advantage of the campaign missions that will instruct you on how to get the most out of your Strand Sources.
Completing The Maelstrom Quest
Finding Strand sources and scavenging stuff around the current Vex Incursion Zone on Neomuna are two of the many things you must do to complete the Maelstrom quest.
- You will need to defend the current Vex Incursion Zone by completing Public Events, collecting Cloud Accretions, and opening loot chests if you want to repair the damage done to Maelstrom’s memorial.
- In addition to this, inside the current Vex Incursion Zone, you will need to finish the Lost Sector and then go back to the Hall of Heroes to fix up Maelstrom’s memorial.
- You can now go on to repair the following memorial, which will be for Bluejay, now that the one for Maelstrom has been repaired.
The process of bonding with Strand sources might be challenging, but once you’ve discovered them, you’ll be able to make the most of the abilities they provide you. Suppose you complete the Maelstrom quest in the Lightfall expansion of Destiny 2 using the knowledge provided in this guide. In that case, you will be awarded Tier 1 Powerful gear and the feeling of achievement that comes with accomplishing a challenging objective.
- Destiny 2 Festival Of The Lost Secret Triumph Guide
- Destiny 2 Guide: How to Get Trinity Ghoul
- Destiny 2 Unlock Deterministic Chaos
- Destiny 2: How To Farm Artifice Armor
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍