Roblox Corporation has gone ahead and curated an IP that’s just meant to be fun. Widespread availability on various platforms and a whole ton of different ways to play perfectly sum up this company’s front-running IP. However, when issues such as the Roblox an unknown error occurred login surface, things don’t remain so fun.
Being a live service game that constantly has to stay online, don’t expect things to always go swimmingly with Roblox. A few hiccups here and there can often lead the title to mess up at times, but the good news is that these pertinent problems can almost always be resolved with certain workarounds.
In this guide, we’ll learn the nature of the issue and what different methods have worked across the spectrum for players running into the same login error. Be sure to read until the end to leave here knowledgeably well-equipped.
- More Roblox Errors: Roblox Error Code 901.
What Is The Roblox “An Unknown Error Occurred” Problem?
Although the issue can pop up on any platform regardless, the screenshot that you visualize above has been taken from a mobile phone. The solutions in the next section will cover Roblox for PC as well so do rest assured. Just in case you didn’t know, Roblox is available on all the latest consoles, PC, macOS, Android, and iOS.
As for the nature of what we have here, the “an unknown error occurred please try again Roblox login” issue is nothing but an irksome bother that surfaces due to no solid reason. You’ll just try logging in at any given time only to discover that the game isn’t budging from the log-in point.
This is, of course, not the least desirable, so you’ll have to take matters into your own two hands to get down to the bottom of the matter. Several players seem to report that they were playing just fine a couple of hours before the problem popped up.
One user even said that they were trying to get the in-game chat to work when it instantly stopped working. Upon logging out, they couldn’t sign back in, thereby leading to the error in question. Now that you’ve been briefed about the scenario, let us waste no further time in digging out the source of the issue and fixing it accordingly.
How To Fix An Unknown Error Occurred Roblox Login Issue
The following is our cherry-picked collection of the best-known fixes that work for the problem at hand. Make sure not to skip any potential solution since you never know what particular solution will work on your end. With that said, do restart your system a couple of times before getting started.
Check Whether Roblox Is Down
Roblox has a dedicated status page on its website that allows players to check out the current status of the game’s online servers. This makes it effortless to be wary of existing issues beforehand so that you can avoid potential hiccups right from the get-go.
Check out Roblox Status and evaluate whether all systems are operational or not. An unknown error occurred please try again Roblox login problem can also be surfacing due to this very reason.
Reset Your Roblox Password – Definitive Fix
One of the best ways you can get to grips with the “an unknown error occurred please try again login on Roblox” issue is by simply resetting the password that you use to log into the platform. This potential fix can be carried out on any platform—PC or mobile—so choose the one that’s best suited to your convenience.
Illustrating the whole procedure are the following steps that will show you how to reset your Roblox password without breaking a sweat.
- The first step is to go to the log-in screen where you’re repeatedly being met with the issue in question. Click on the “Forgot Username or Password” option to get started from here on out.
- After clicking on the aforementioned option, you’ll be taken straight to the password resetting interface of the platform. Here, choose the “Password” option which should be set by default, and proceed toward confirming how you’d like to receive the reset email. You can either opt for an email option or phone number.
- As soon as you enter the credentials required by Roblox, an email will be sent to the provided email address. You’ll even receive a confirmation prompt, looking similar to the one in the screenshot below.
- After you’ve checked your email and clicked on the provided link, you’ll be taken to the following screen. Simply decide what you’re going to set your new password to and click on the “Submit” button to finalize the process.
That’s a wrap! Now that you’ve successfully set a new Roblox password, go back to the main log-in screen of the platform. Type in your username and newly-created password to finally restore playability and resolve the “an unknown error occurred. Please try again. Roblox login” issue.
However, in case you still haven’t been able to work out a solution, keep on reading to discover what to do next. There are plenty of solutions still left to go, so don’t fret just yet.
Use A Different Internet Browser To Log Into Roblox
Pretty simple and effective. In case you’ve been using Google Chrome to get into Roblox incessantly, it’s high time to try out a different internet browser to confirm whether you can log onto the platform. Mozilla Firefox, Opera, or Brave Browser—choose whatever from the swath of different options.
You may as well use Microsoft Edge on your Windows PC if you have it installed. The same goes for any other browsers that already exist on your end, thereby negating the need to install any extra browser. When you’re ready with the secondary web crawler, head over to the official log-in page of Roblox and enter your credentials.
Click on the “Log in” button or press the “Enter” key to attempt connecting to the platform’s online servers. You should be able to get going with the game, now that you’re using another browser to play Roblox potentially. Still, in the case that none of the solutions have worked up until now, keep on reading to try more fixes.
Add Roblox To The List Of Allowed Firewall Apps
Next up, it’s essential to make sure that Roblox isn’t being dismissed from Windows Firewall. That way, you’ll be able to avoid a truckload of issues on your end right from the get-go, not to mention the Roblox an unknown error occurred login issue just as well.
In the case that you’re foggy on how to test whether it is Windows Firewall that isn’t letting the world’s best game launcher breathe in peace, follow the steps given ahead. However, do note that this potential solution only works for the executable Roblox app installed on your PC.
If you’re playing the game through the Chrome browser, please skip to the next section. For now, though, let’s get into the process of allowing an app through the Windows Firewall program.
- Your first task is to open the “Firewall and network protection” section of Windows Security on your PC. You can do that by simply searching for it using the Windows Start menu.
- Once done, a new window will launch and it’ll be a part of the Windows Security department, as mentioned earlier. You now have to click on “Allow an app through firewall” to get to the next step.
- You now have to make a couple of clicks in the following window that opens after completing the last step. Click on “Change settings” first to make the “Allow another app” option accessible. Once done, click on the latter and see yourself opening another window.
- A small-scale window will open up just after you complete the next step. This is where you’ll have to click on “Browse” and search your computer for the main Roblox executable file application. From what we can gather, you only have to add a single distinct process of the game to the designated area in this step.
- As soon as you have found the Roblox app that needs to be allowed through Firewall, select and add it to the list of inclusive apps. This will take you back to the previous small-scale window where the game file will be listed with a specific name under the “Apps” section. Click on “Add” to allow the game app through Windows Firewall. You’ve made most of the progress completing this step.
- You now just have to go through one more simple step now to finalize the process. Check the box for “Public” and “Private” connections for Windows Firewall on the “Allowed apps” window. You have to do this for the Roblox executable file. Lastly, don’t forget to click on “OK” as soon as you’re done.
We’re done here. Now that you’ve finally allowed the game app through Windows Firewall, launch it on your end to see whether it brings favorable results. In the case that you still can’t get the better of the error, try out the next fix we’ve curated for you ahead.
Disable Any Installed Antivirus For Roblox
Turning off the antivirus software, both Windows Defender and any third-party program that you might have installed on your PC is another possible solution to the “an unknown error occurred please try again Roblox login” issue.
A whole swath of users reporting on forums and pages online claims that programs like Avast Antivirus and even Norton Security somehow cause the error code at hand to pop up. Upon disabling the software entirely, the game lets you log in again like a walk in the park.
Therefore, we highly encourage uninstalling any third-party antivirus that you might have installed on your Windows PC. Don’t care for security threats since we’ll only be doing this for a brief while in order to confirm the antivirus program’s link to the issue in question.
Search for “Remove apps and programs” in the Windows Search bar and you’ll get taken straight to the area from where you can uninstall your Windows software. Select the antivirus that you have installed on the system and remove it from the device.
Once done, restart your PC to shut down the Roblox app or the Chrome browser in the case that it’s running still, and refresh the computer. Launch the platform as soon as the PC boots back up to see if the bug exists. Keep up the hustle in case you’re still not able to resolve the matter.
Get In Touch With The Developers
Roblox support is celebrated for its friendly behavior and unflinching professionalism. The representative heads do not take long to get back to your queries, no matter the issue it is that you’re facing.
There’s even a specialized Contact Us page that will walk you through whatever you need to enter for the developers to get back to you. Fill out the scenario in detail and also jot down everything you’ve tried to fix the game so far.
As soon as you’re done, wait for the good folks over at Roblox HQ to get back to you. It won’t take them more than a couple of business days to cater to the issue you’re facing. Let us know how it goes in the comments section if you ever get a reply from them.
It’s certainly exhilarating to test what the online-centric platform can do for you, but things do tend to go south every once in a while without prior notice, similar to what you’ve faced with the Roblox an unknown error occurred login issue. The problem has prevented a hefty ton of players from getting into the title online.
Typically, there are certain reasons the problem occurs, and one of them pertains to official server downtime. In that case, there’s not much you can do except contact the developers of Roblox. Other than that, we’ve outlined all the different strategies you can apply to resolve the matter on your own as quickly as possible.
Do let us know down in the comments section what went down. As always, eXputer wishes you good luck!
- Before You Go: Roblox Error Code 529.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍