Bethesda’s Starfield is an amazing game, at least if you look past its performance issues. As is custom with any of the company’s releases, console commands are a huge part of the single-player experience. They are generally easy-to-use cheats. However, the unlock command not working in Starfield has had players puzzled. Don’t worry; we are here to explain and fix just that.
Why Does Unlock Command Not Work In Starfield?
The Unlock Command is a cheat that essentially lets players open up doors, containers, etc. Things that would generally be progression or item-locked. While many players have reported that the command doesn’t work even when selecting a door, which would hint at a bug, the problem just disappears when they deploy the right method.
So, majorly, the Unlock Command not working in Starfield is a player-sided problem where the console cannot recognize your intended object as Unlockable. This is easily fixable by following the method below.
The Right Way To Use Unlock Command
The correct method to use the unlock command is as follows:
- Open the console window by pressing the ‘~’ key. (@ or ` on some keyboard layouts)
- Click on the Door or the Container you want to unlock.
- You will have the name of the object followed by its memory address displayed to you.
- Just scroll through the available objects using your Scroll Wheel until the message reads the item name you want to unlock (Door or Container).
- When done, just type in Unlock and press Enter.
So, to fix the Unlock Command not working is just to make the console realize what you are trying to unlock is, in fact, a Door or a Container. This is simply done by scrolling through the available objects. If you still have any other related queries, our Starfield: All Console Commands guide is a good place to stop by.
Starfield’s a spectacular game that will become one of the classics. While it is a mess right now, Todd Howard says it best: “You may need to upgrade.” While that statement may or may not be true. We are hopeful that you were able to fix the problem by following this simple guide. If you weren’t, the best thing to do would be to open a support ticket.
It’s generally because the console doesn’t recognize your selected object as one that is unlockable.
You can do so by pressing the tilde (~) key. (@ or ` on some layouts)
- Starfield Sound Cutting Out Issue
- Starfield Not Downloading
- Starfield Unable To Log In Error
- Starfield Crashing
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍