As with all new games, you’ll find that bugs are quite common in Starfield. However, there’s a particular error in Starfield that is making players unable to log in. So follow along with our article and find out the best troubleshooting methods for the Starfield unable to log in error.
Why Does The Starfield Unable To Log In Error Occur?
Unfortunately, lots of players have to face this problem, especially when they pay extra for early access. However, understanding the potential causes behind the “Starfield unable to log in” error can help us troubleshoot this problem effectively. This error can be caused by several reasons:
- Network connectivity issues.
- Server outages, maintenance, or overloading.
- Overprotective firewalls.
- Interference from VPNs.
- Corrupted cache data.
- Outdated game version.
Now that we’ve gone over a few potential reasons for this error, we can start tackling them one by one.
Tackling The Network Connectivity Problems
Network connectivity issues can be an easy way to deal with the Starfield unable to log in error. A slow internet connection can be the culprit here, making it difficult for the game to contact Starfield servers.
So, to understand the underlying issue here, you must first check your network connection. You can do this online by visiting sites like Fast.com, Speedtest.net, or any third-party app installed on your system.
If your internet speed is slower than usual, you can try the following tips to improve it:
- Switch To A Wired Connection: Switching to a wired connection instead of WiFi through the use of Ethernet Cables is much more stable and reliable; it also gives you a direct connection from your PC to the router. They also have lower ping and a higher bandwidth.
- Reset The Router/Modem: This method can help improve your slow internet connection. Resetting your router reconfigures the network and clears up temporary glitches which can cause problems.
- Reduce Network Load: Network congestion can be caused by many devices using the same internet connection at the same time. To reduce the load on the network, simply disconnect unnecessary devices from the internet.
- Contact Your ISP: If nothing works and the Starfield unable to log in error persists, then contact your ISP and ask them for help.
Add An Exception For Starfield To Your Firewall
Firewalls are made to protect your computers from unauthorized access and harmful data incoming or outgoing data. It usually does this well, but in some cases, it can mistakenly block safe data like that of Starfield. So, by checking your firewall settings, you can make sure that the game isn’t being blocked.
Here’s how you can allow Starfield through your firewall:
- Go to Windows Security by searching it in the Windows Search bar.
- After that, select the Firewall & Network Protection option.
- On the following page, look for an option that says, “Allow an app through firewall” and select it.
- Then, from the new window that opens, look for Starfield.exe. To allow it through the firewall, check both the Public and Private boxes. Finally, press OK, and you’re good to go.
At times, the game cache can become corrupted and cause problems like the Starfield unable to log in error. So, to prevent this, we will simply delete temporary files. It is important to note that although cache files are not important, deleting them won’t cause your game any harm. It may cause the loss of some settings.
Here’s how you can clear the cache:
- Press the Windows+R keys to open the Run box.
- In the search bar, type “%temp%.
- This will open a window with all temporary files. Simply press the Ctrl+A keys and then the Delete key. This will get rid of all temporary files.
Disable Your VPN
Although VPNs help you protect your privacy by hiding your IP address, they can also interfere with Starfield’s connection to its servers. So, to fix this error, simply disable your VPN. To do this, follow these steps:
- Search for Settings in the Windows search bar and open it.
- Then, select the Network & Internet option.
- Next, press the VPN option from the left.
- Finally, select your VPN and then press Disconnect.
Other Solutions For Starfield Unable To Log In Error
If none of the above-mentioned solutions work for you, then you can try to verify the server status from their official website. If the servers are inactive, there is nothing you can do but wait for them to fix the issue from their end.
A few players have reported that uninstalling and reinstalling the game has done the trick for them. Other than this, Starfield is a massive game, and servers can be overloaded at times, which can cause connection errors, as reported by Bethesda Support. In this case, all you can do is wait the traffic out.
Did You Finally Solve The Error?
And that’s all folks. We have listed all the possible working solutions available to help you solve Starfield’s unable to log in error. It is important to be patient with new games like Starfield, as developers are working tirelessly to release patches and fix bugs and errors.
If your error is persistent no matter what, you should contact Starfield’s official support and report your problem to them. Hope to see you again.
Also, check out other Starfield articles from eXputer:
- Starfield Crashing: 12 Effective Fixes For PC
- Starfield How to Install DLSS Mod
- Starfield Best Graphics Settings
- Starfield Into The Unknown Bug [FIXED]
- How To Fix Starfield Not Downloading
- Best Starfield Settings For Maximum Performance On PC
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍