- Baldur’s Gate 3 was the most-played game on Steam Deck last month based on hours played, surpassing the likes of Starfield and Cyberpunk 2077.
- FromSoftware’s Elden Ring and Armored Core 6 took the fourth and fifth spots, respectively.
- Stardew Valley and Sea of Stars followed behind. No Man’s Sky also got an enormous player boost because of Starfield.
- There was not a single PlayStation game on the list provided by the Steam Deck Twitter page.
The reign of Baldur’s Gate 3 has shaken the gaming industry amidst the huge AAA releases this year. Starfield is one such entry; it has proven to be a giant hit for Bethesda but does fall short in certain stats when compared to other games that came out earlier. The Steam Deck Twitter page recently published the list of the top 20 most-played titles on the handheld last month based on played hours, and Baldur’s Gate 3 has hogged the top spot.
It's October! Here are the top 20 games played on Steam Deck in the past month, sorted by playtime.
What have you been playing? pic.twitter.com/RzceDKcCdf
— Steam Deck (@OnDeck) October 1, 2023
Baldur’s Gate 3 was only verified on Steam Deck two months ago but still presented a profusion of competition for other games. The list shows that Starfield could not secure the top spot as the most-played entry on Steam Deck but managed to steal the second place. Nonetheless, it did stop the rising influx of Cyberpunk 2077 players at the third spot that began flooding the game after the new 2.0 update and the Phantom Liberty DLC.
Many Steam Deck users have enjoyed playing the overhauled Cyberpunk 2077 after the title saw a slew of improvements since its launch. At one point, CDPR’s entry did surpass Starfield on Steam in player concurrency after the 2.0 update.
- Hogwarts Legacy Was The Most Played Game On Steam Deck In March.
- Todd Howard: “Starfield Is A Game People Are Going To Play For A Long Time.”
- Handsome Squidward Mod In Baldur’s Gate 3 Is The Stuff Of Nightmares.
FromSoftware’s Elden Ring and Armored Core 6 took the fourth and fifth spots. It is startling to see Elden Ring towering over the new AC6, but it still stands as a popular title for the studio. AC6 sold 1.2 million copies on Steam alone as of last month, but the overall number could surpass the 2.5 million threshold. Elden Ring surpassed 20 million earlier this year. Players are still finding unique details about the game since it came out.
The Steam Deck statistics are also laden with a lot of enticing old and new Indie entries. Stardew Valley is seemingly in sixth place this month, staying as a popular choice among indie enthusiasts. The Sea of Stars trails behind the farming simulator after dominating game charts for a few weeks.
The launch of Starfield called a ripple effect in the community, causing many gamers to give No Man’s Sky a new chance after it received a plethora of free updates over the years. No Man’s Sky is sitting behind Sea of Stars after it saw an influx of new players on Steam Deck. Some usual entries are also included in the list, such as GTA 5 and RDR2. Although, there is not a single PlayStation entry on the top 20 charts at all for some inconceivable reason.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍