Just like other Bethesda games, you can use the waiting mechanic in Starfield. Sometimes, you might want to wait to change the weather on a planet or to make a mission available. Certain missions or events within the title might only be available at specific times of day or night. While waiting may not be a central gameplay mechanic, it can be a handy tool for players to control the flow of time, so players need to learn how to wait in Starfield.
What Is Waiting Mechanic In Starfield?To wait in Starfield, you need to find and interact with a seating option like a chair or bench, opening the Wait menu and allowing you to skip time with a slider.
In the expansive universe of Starfield, waiting can be a crucial element for various reasons. Whether it’s fulfilling quest requirements, or optimizing your gameplay experience, learning how to wait is essential. There are several compelling reasons to utilize the waiting function in Starfield.
- Firstly, many quests and missions may require you to meet NPCs at specific times, whether it’s during the night or day.
- Waiting allows you to skip time instantly, aligning perfectly with mission objectives.
- Lastly, personal preferences, such as exploring planets at specific times, can also drive the need for waiting.
How To Wait In Starfield?
You need to find an appropriate seating option to wait in Starfield, like a chair or bench. Unlike some other Bethesda games, you can’t wait just anywhere; you must be seated.
Here’s how to do it:
- Explore the surrounding world to find a suitable seating option in Starfield. You can find chairs in your ship, cities, settlement buildings, and other locations.
- Approach the chair or bench and interact with it. Your character will sit down, triggering the wait menu.
- The wait menu will display the current local time on the planet and the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) for the galaxy, so select how many hours you want to wait using the slider.
- Confirm your chosen wait duration, and time will pass instantly. Your character will stand up, and you’ll be ready to proceed.
How To Sleep In Starfield
While waiting is a convenient way to pass the time, sleeping offers some additional benefits. Sleeping in a bed provides an XP boost, and it can also heal certain afflictions. To sleep in Starfield:
- Head to your spaceship or find an available bed in various locations.
- Approach the bed and interact with it.
- Choose the number of hours you want to sleep.
- When you wake up, you’ll receive a 10% boost to XP gains for a limited time.
- Sleeping can also heal afflictions, although severe ailments may require other forms of treatment.
In Starfield, waiting is a subtle yet powerful tool that aligns perfectly with the player’s needs. Waiting empowers you to take control of time itself. While not at the forefront of gameplay mechanics, waiting is a valuable asset that allows you to shape your in-game experience. So, learning how to wait in Starfield can be the key to unlocking its full potential and enhancing your interstellar adventures.
Here is how you can choose the best Companion In Starfield and discover the purpose of having a companion. Besides that, check out Starfield’s Powers and Effects that help in exploration and combat in Starfield. Players can follow a certain procedure to get an essential tool called Digipicks in Starfield.
- What Is The Max Level Cap In Starfield
- How To Get Dream Trait & Home in Starfield
- All Skill Tree Guide in Starfield
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍