- Starfield was the second best-selling entry in Germany during its launch month, September. It was only crossed by EA Sports FC 24.
- The space-faring RPG also surpassed The Crew Motorfest by Ubisoft and NBA 2K24 by 2K at the third and fourth spots, respectively. Payday 3 was in the fifth place.
- GTA 5 has maintained its place in the sales charts in the sixth spot. Titanfall 2, at the seventh spot, also gained popularity in Germany last month after its servers were fixed.
It has been well over a month since Bethesda’s Starfield came out and has secured the top spots in various regional game sales charts. As clarified by the Game Association of the German games industry, the sci-fi RPG was the second best-selling title in Germany during its launch month in September. The entry was only surpassed by EA’s new giant born after the FIFA brand was removed from the series, EA Sports FC 24.
The German association has not shared the exact sales numbers for Starfield and other games. But we can still get a healthy glance at how well these titles have performed based on rankings.
Standing at the top spot, EA Sports FC 24 has had its fair share of issues and bugs ever since it came out. Like, firing your coach would result in the whole game crashing at one point. Despite the initial disappointing number of glitches, the patches have continued to make the title smoother with each fix. All in all, EA’s departure from the FIFA brand is a huge gamble that seems to have paid off for the publishers.
However, Starfield has loomed over some other newly released AAA entries in the region during its first month, including The Crew Motorfest by Ubisoft and NBA 2K24 by 2K at the third and fourth spots, respectively. The highly anticipated release of Payday 3 has also been well-received in Germany. The co-op shooter controlled the fifth spot in the local sales charts for September amid the tough competition.
- Starfield’s New Update Brings A Top-Requested Feature To The Space RPG.
- Bethesda & Xbox To Meet Up With Laid-Off Deep Silver Volition Employees.
- Starfield Chronomark Watches Are Breaking After Just One Month Of Use, Players Report.
GTA 5 is that one title that has consistently shown up in most game sales charts worldwide for a decade. It is still just below the top five entries in the German region for September, showcasing its popularity among the new AAA titles that have been released since last month.
Titanfall 2 is another entry that has bounced back to the seventh spot in Germany since its servers were secretly restored last month. The nostalgic shooter has proven to be a giant hit among returning and even new players and seems to boast a small yet dedicated player base.
Mortal Kombat 1 is the last new entry in the eighth place on the German game sales charts. All the other games on the top 20 list are old titles that have continued to sell well in the region last month.
Starfield came out on September 6 for Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X, and PC. Getting into the massive expanses of the new Bethesda universe can be a little difficult, so we suggest checking out our write-ups to be better prepared. Take a look through our best Starfield melee weapons to become the fastest space ninja. Or, read through our list of the best laser weapons to slice enemies from a massive range.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍