Every pilot in Starfield knows that a ship’s reactor is its heart and soul. The better the reactor, the more powerful your ship becomes, offering advantages in battles, exploration, and more. By equipping your ship with the best reactor in Starfield, you can enhance performance, power up vital systems, and get the edge in any situation. That is why I have listed here the top 8 reactors ranging from Class A, B, and C in Starfield.
- Author’s Note: I’ve played Starfield for roughly 250 hours via Xbox, experiencing every mechanic and element the title offers.
Best Reactors In Starfield
Here is an overview of the best Starfield ship reactors showcased along with Reactor Name, Power Generated, Repair Rate, Reactor Health, Hull, Crew Capacity, Mass, Value, Required Level, and Manufacturer stats.
|SERIAL NUMBER||REACTOR NAME||POWER GENERATED||REPAIR RATE||REACTOR HEALTH||HULL||CREW CAPACITY||MASS||VALUE||REQUIRED LEVEL||MANUFACTURER|
|8||Tokamak X-120S Reactor||28||1.5||30||480||1||30||34,500||12||Xiang|
|7||Fusor DC402||34||5.09||102||1,020||3||102||65,800||38||Deep Core|
|6||Z-Machine 2020 Reactor||16||2.84||57||1,100||2||57||17,400||24||Amun Dunn|
|5||Spheromak DC202 Reactor||33||2.25||45||730||1||45||48,700||43||Deep Core|
|4||360 Stellarator Reactor||20||1.6||32||440||1||32||1,880||14||Amun Dunn|
|3||104DS Mag Inertial Reactor||39||3.54||71||1,125||2||71||67,800||60||Dogstar|
|2||Pinch 8Z Reactor||40||6.44||129||1,350||3||129||85,200||60||Xiang|
|1||SF40 Sheard Flow Reactor||40||5.8||116||1,315||3||116||81,700||57||Dogstar|
8. Tokamak X-120S Reactor
If you’re aiming to boost your ship’s power without adding much weight, then the Tokamak X-120S Reactor is a top choice. It might be fragile, but its power output is worth it, especially for fighter ships.
- Tokamak X-120S Reactor is available from level 12.
- It’s a strong early-game item with 28 power for ships.
- Tokamak X-120S Reactor has low Mass, which helps with ship balance.
- Tokamak X-120S Reactor is a Class A Reactor.
- Many players use Class A equipment on ships.
- To install it, players need Rank 4 Starship Design Skill.
- Tokamak X-120S Reactor is small and light but offers lots of power.
- It’s fragile: only 30 health and 480 hull strength.
- Its size is tiny: 1x1x1.
- Weighs only 30 mass but provides a big 28 power.
- Tokamak X-120S Reactor is great for fighter ship builds.
How To Get
You can find the Tokamak X-120S Reactor at various vendors in Starfield. Here are some places to check out:
- Narion, from the vendor Havershaw.
- Valo, either from Inaya Rehman or the Ship Services Technician in HopeTown.
- Porrima, from Lon Anderssen.
- Cheyenne, specifically at the Ship Services Technician in Akila City.
- Volii, from either the Ship Services Technician in Neon or Veronica Young.
- Narion again, but at the Ship Services Technician in The Clinic.
7. Fusor DC402 Reactor
The Fusor DC402 is for more experienced pilots in Starfield, typically those at level four. It’s a C-class reactor, which means it’s a bit advanced and not something you find at the beginning of the game because it can be pricey. It’s a powerful reactor, providing 38 units of power generation.
How To Get
To buy the Fusor DC402 Reactor in Starfield, you need to have a Piloting Rank of 4 and a Starship Design Rank of 2. You won’t find this reactor available until you reach level 60. So, it’s something you aim for as you become a more skilled pilot in the game.
If you’re looking to boost your ship with the Fusor DC402 Reactor, here’s where you can find it in Starfield:
- In Narion, check out the vendor Havershaw.
- In Sol, you have options: Nikau Henderson or the Ship Services Technicians in Cydonia and New Homestead.
- In Alpha Centauri, the Ship Services Technicians in Gagarin and New Atlantis might have it in stock.
- In Volii, both the Ship Services Technician in Neon and Veronica Young are vendors to check out.
- Finally, in Wolf, try the Ship Services Technician at The Den.
6. Z-Machine 2020 Reactor
The Z-Machine 2020 Reactor is a Class B reactor. To use it, you need to be at least a Piloting rank 3. This reactor generates 16 units of power, which is not super high but not too low either. It’s compact, measuring just 1x1x1 in size, which is good for saving space on your ship. The best part is, it’s affordable at 17,400 credits. It’s a good choice if you want a reactor for a ship focused on combat. The Z-Machine 2020 Reactor pairs well with the Aneutronic Fusion skill.
- Best suited for fast-paced combat situations due to Z-Machine 2020 Reactor’s compact design in Starfield.
- Additionally, the reactor requires the Starship Design skill at rank 4.
How To Get
For those in Starfield aiming to acquire the Z-Machine 2020, several vendors might have it in their inventory:
- Check out Inaya Rehman in Valo.
- In Kryx, Jasmine Durand might have it.
- Lon Anderssen in Porrima is another vendor.
- Nikau Henderson in Sol might be selling it.
- The Ship Services Technicians located in various cities are good places to check, including those in Akila City, Cydonia, Eleos Retreat, Gagarin, HopeTown, Neon, New Atlantis, New Homestead, Paradiso, The Clinic, and The Den.
- Lastly, try Veronica Young in Volii.
5. Spheromak DC202 Reactor
Given its benefits, especially in the earlier stages, the Spheromak DC202 Reactor in Starfield can be an excellent choice for those seeking more power without weighing their ships down.
The Spheromak DC202 Reactor in Starfield becomes available to players at around level 45. It’s one of the early reactors you can use for your ship, and it’s pretty powerful. This reactor generates a strong 33 units of power. It’s also lightweight, so it won’t make your ship too heavy.
However, it’s classified as an A-Class reactor, which means it might limit your ability to add other equipment to your ship. To install the Spheromak DC202 Reactor, you’ll need to have the 4th Rank in the Starship Design Skill.
How To Get
I have listed here a few places and vendors that you may want to visit and get the Spheromak DC202 Reactor.
- Havershaw in Narion might have it stocked.
- Nikau Henderson in Sol is another option.
- Many Ship Services Technicians across cities might offer it. Check Cydonia, Gagarin, Neon, New Atlantis, New Homestead, and The Den.
- Veronica Young in Volii is another potential vendor.
4. 360T Stellarator Reactor
If you’re looking to enhance your ship’s performance early in Starfield, the 360T Stellarator Reactor is a go-to choice.
The 360T Stellarator Reactor is available right from the beginning of the Starfield, so new players can get their hands on it easily. It’s an A-Class reactor, and for its price, it offers great value. In fact, it provides the highest power among A-Class reactors. This reactor is also quite sturdy and can repair itself well compared to others like it.
What’s even better is that you can buy it for less than 18,000 credits, making it budget-friendly. It works well for both early and mid-game phases, and you don’t need to have high Piloting or Starship Design skill levels to use it. It generates 20 units of power, which is the best you can get for a Class A reactor without making extensive upgrades. So, if you want to skip the skill requirements, this reactor is a good choice.
How To Get
For those on a budget and wanting maximum power without complex prerequisites, the 360T Stellarator Reactor is a solid pick. To get your hands on this reactor, visit the following places:
- Visti Shipyard Vendor in New Atlantis: priced at 17,600 Credits.
- Inaya Rehman in Valo, Jasmine Durand in Kryx, or Lon Anderssen in Porrima.
- Ship Services Technicians are found in Akila City, Cydonia, Eleos Retreat, Gagarin, HopeTown, Neon, New Homestead, Paradiso, The Clinic, and The Den.
- Veronica Young in Volii.
3. 104DS Mag Inertial Reactor
The 104DS Mag Inertial Reactor is a powerful choice if you want lots of power without adding much weight to your ship. It’s perfect for players who want a small but strong reactor in Starfield. This reactor falls into the Class B category, which means it works well with most ship equipment.
However, there are some requirements to use it. You need to have your Starship Design Skill maxed out for installation. Also, to use any Class B equipment, you must reach the third Rank of Piloting. This reactor is considered an endgame choice, and you can get it when you reach level 60. It’s a solid option for those who want high power in a compact package.
- Provides peak power at half the weight of comparable Reactors.
- The installation of the 104DS Mag Inertial Reactor limits the use of certain Class C equipment like Shields, Engines, Grav Drives, and Weapons.
- Starship Design skill must be at rank 4.
How To Get
The 104DS Mag Inertial Reactor powerful module, ideal for late-stage players, can be found with various vendors throughout Starfield. To obtain this reactor, visit the following shops:
- Havershaw in Narion and Inaya Rehman in Valo.
- Lon Anderssen in Porrima and Nikau Henderson in Sol.
- Ship Services Technicians: Locations such as Akila City in Cheyenne, Cydonia and New Homestead in Sol, Gagarin and New Atlantis in Alpha Centauri, HopeTown in Valo, The Clinic in Narion, or The Den in Wolf.
2. Pinch 8Z Reactor
The Pinch 8Z Reactor is one of the best reactors you can get in Starfield, especially for endgame players. You can access it when you reach level 60. However, there are some things you should know about it.
First, it’s huge, and it’s quite heavy, so it adds weight to your ship. To use it, you need to have your Piloting and Starship Design skills at their maximum levels.
- Capable of generating an impressive 40 power.
- Power output can activate all the ship’s functionalities.
- The Pinch 8Z Reactor is crucial for space battles, allowing the maximization of weapons and shields without sacrificing mobility.
- Piloting skill of rank 4 is mandatory for the Pinch 8Z Reactor.
- Starship Design skill of rank 4 is also necessary.
How To Get
You won’t find the Pinch 8Z Reactor everywhere. Only specific cities have it available for purchase. So, if you’re looking for a powerful endgame reactor, this one might be your choice, but be prepared for its size and skill requirements.
The Pinch 8Z Reactor sellers across the universe can be found in Starfield’s following locations:
- Havershaw in Narion
- Inaya Rehman in Valo
- Lon Anderssen in Porrima
Specialist services and potential sellers:
- Ship Services Technicians in Akila City (Cheyenne)
- HopeTown (Valo)
- Neon (Volii)
- The Clinic (Narion)
In Volii, check with Veronica Young for the Pinch 8Z reactor.
1. SF40 Sheard Flow Reactor
SF40 Sheard Flow Reactor is by far the best Starfield ship reactor in the game, and it generates a formidable 40 power.
- Smaller Mass relative to other reactors of similar capabilities.
- The reactor is classified as a Class C Reactor.
- Allows players to utilize any equipment on their ship.
- Players must have Rank 4 in both Piloting and Starship Design skills to equip it.
- Capable of powering any ship seamlessly.
- Piloting skill at rank 4 is essential.
- Starship Design skill at rank 4 is a prerequisite condition to install the SF40 Sheard Flow Reactor in Starfield.
How To Get
In order to acquire the SF40 Sheared Flow Reactor in Starfield, you will need to visit the following places in the game:
- Visit Havershaw in Narion, Inaya Rehman in Valo, and Lon Anderssen in Porrima.
- Ship Services Technicians in Akila City (Cheyenne), Cydonia (Sol), and Gagarin (Alpha Centauri).
- HopeTown (Valo), New Atlantis (Alpha Centauri), or The Clinic (Narion).
- Sol or Wolf vendor.
In conclusion, your ship’s reactor is like its heart in Starfield. Having the best reactor makes your journeys faster, safer, and more fun. It’s the difference between being a top pilot or getting stuck in space combat. Always pick the best reactor for a smooth ride in the stars.
- Starfield: How To Remove Outpost
- Starfield: Deimos Staryard Location
- Starfield: BEST Missile Launchers
- Starfield: Due In Full
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍