While playing through this game, players are highly likely to come across at least one Fallout 3 bobblehead during the main questline. These cute little figurines are modelled after the image of the series’ mascot, the Vault Boy, and there are a total of 20 scattered around the world.
Each of these provide a permanent boost to one of your abilities in the game, which makes them much more helpful than simple collectables. They afford you extra options when finalising your character build, even going so far as to open up new ways of playing the game without levelling up.
So this guide will show you the locations of all 20 Fallout 3 bobblehead locations in the Capital Wasteland.
Fallout 3 Bobblehead Locations Guide
Out of the 20 Fallout 3 bobbleheads in the game, 7 increase your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats, while the remaining 13 improve your Character Skills. Specifically, Stats are only increased by 1 point; a total of 10 points boosts each while skills.
It should also be noted that if an ability has already been upgraded to the maximum value, then collecting its corresponding bobblehead will have no effect.
If players go hunting for these collectables, we highly suggest that they do this before maxing out their characters. Or better yet, preemptively leave room for the boosts.
These are all of the bobbleheads that increase your stats.
- Strength: As soon as you enter the town of Megaton, Sheriff Lucas Simms’ house can be seen to your right. You have to pick an Average lock to get inside, after which the Strength bobblehead can be found on the desk in the second-floor bedroom. If you choose to blow up the town during the quest ‘The Power of the Atom,’ then the house will be destroyed alongside the item.
- Perception: In the northeastern corner of the Capital Wasteland, players will find a small community known as the Republic of Dave. The Perception bobblehead can be seen on a bookshelf in the building called the Museum of Dave.
- Endurance: To the southwest of Fort Constantine, there is a cave called the Deathclaw Sanctuary. As soon as you enter this location, walk down the ramp and search a small elevated platform near the brahmin corpse to find the Endurance bobblehead.
- Charisma: Vault 108 can be located to the direct south of Canterbury Commons, and it is populated by a bunch of clones. The Charisma bobblehead is found in the observation room next to a microscope.
- Intelligence: You can reach the Science Lab of Rivet City from the upper deck of the location. In the lab centre, the Intelligence bobblehead can be found on a table next to some fruits and vegetables.
- Agility: The Greener Pastures Disposal Site is located to the northwest of the Temple of the Union. On a desk in the office, players will find the Agility bobblehead next to an Average locked terminal.
- Luck: Arlington House can be found in the Arlington Cemetery North location. If you go into the basement of this building, the Luck bobblehead can be taken from a bookshelf on the west wall.
The following are all of the bobbleheads that increase your skills.
Similar Reads: Here Are All The Skill Book Locations In Fallout New Vegas
- Barter: There is an old factory to the east of Smith Casey’s Garage called Evergreen Mills. If you fight your way through this location, you will gain access to a merchant shop towards the end. The Barter bobblehead can be found on a shelf here.
- Big Guns: Fort Constantine is a large military base in the northwest of the Capital Wasteland. If you enter the CO Quarters building in this location, you can find the Big Guns bobblehead in a safe in the basement.
- Energy Weapons: Players will visit Raven Rock as part of the ‘Finding the Garden of Eden’ and ‘The American Dream’ quests. Once here, they can find the Energy Weapons bobblehead on a desk in Colonel Autumn’s bedroom.
- Explosives: The WKML Broadcast Station can be found to the south of Fort Constantine. There is a maintenance hole cover behind the station that leads to a small radio room with the Explosives bobblehead.
- Lockpick: Northwest of Washington D.C, you can find the location of Bethesda Ruins. If you search the second floor of the Bethesda Offices East, the Lockpick bobblehead can be found on a desk with a working lamp.
- Medicine: Vault 101 is the location where the prologue of Fallout 3 takes place. Before you leave this area, search inside James’ clinic on the lower level to find the Medicine bobblehead.
- Melee Weapons: The Dunwich Building is a ruined structure located at the southwestern point of the map. The Melee Weapons bobblehead can be found on the ground near the end of the Virulent Underchambers.
- Repair: Arefu is a small settlement to the northwest of Vault 106. Pick the Average lock on Evan King’s House to find the Repair bobblehead on a table inside.
- Science: North of the Jury Street Metro Station, players can find Vault 106. The Science bobblehead can be found inside the room with the deranged survivor.
- Small Guns: To the northwest of Vault-Tec Headquarters, a compound called the National Guard Depot. Players have to enter the armoury to take the Small Guns bobblehead, but it can only be unlocked via a third-floor switch.
- Sneak: Due west of the Charnel House, a cave system called the Yao Guai Tunnels. Further inside this area, there is the Yao Guai Den. The Sneak bobblehead can be found here on top of a metal box.
- Speech: Paradise Falls is a slave market to the northeast of Arefu. If you explore the building called Eulogy’s pad, the Speech bobblehead can be found on a table next to a computer terminal.
- Unarmed: Rockopolis in an unmarked cave to the west of Smith Casey’s Garage. Upon exploring the location, you will find the corpse of an NPC named Argyle. Search the ground next to him to see the Unarmed bobblehead.
This has been Exputer’s Fallout 3 Bobblehead Locations guide. We hope that it will help you complete your collection.