As you wander through the desolate wasteland of Fallout 4’s Commonwealth, you’ll come across several different junk items scattered around the world. And due to how this game is designed, each of these items has a role to play, since they can be broken down into Adhesive. So this Fallout 4 Adhesive guide will help shed some light on the best ways to find this material.
Adhesive In Fallout 4
Now before we start, it should be mentioned that we cannot list the locations of each and every junk item that yields adhesive in the game. As mentioned above, the world is populated by thousands upon thousands of different items, and even after singling out the adhesive, this would be a challenging task.
This guide will instead tell you about some locations where these items can be found, what containers to look for while searching, and how to craft Adhesive by yourself.
This is the most common junk item you will encounter in Fallout 4 that breaks down into Adhesive. It can be found in tool chests, toolboxes, and on shelves inside storage rooms. Sometimes you can randomly buy it from vendors or find it on enemy corpses.
This item has three different variations: Duct Tape, Military Grade Duct Tape, and Pack of Duct Tape. Some of these can be found in the following locations:
- The Pickman Gallery in Boston’s North End.
- On top of a crate next to the weapon modification station in Sanctuary Hills.
- Inside an unmarked location in the wasteland known as Plumber’s Secret.
- In the janitor’s closet in Vault 114.
- Near the chemistry station on the first floor of Fort Hagen.
- The buildings of the National Guard training yard.
- Behind the locked door of the Federal supply cache 84NE
- On a shelf inside the Fort Hagen satellite array bunker.
- Inside the abandoned broadcasting station called Gunners Plaza.
- The Sandy Coves Convalescent Home in Salem.
- Near two Protectrons in the Railroad safehouse of Ticonderoga.
- Hardware Town in The Fens.
- Back Street Apparel clothing store in The Fens.
- Abandoned ArcJet Systems building in the Commonwealth.
- The three Goodneighbor warehouses belonging to the Triggermen faction.
- Pickman Gallery in Boston’s North End.
Glue is the second form in which Adhesive is found throughout the Commonwealth. This is slightly more useful than Duct Tape since it yields more of the required component. It is also found in tool chests, toolboxes, and on shelves inside different ruins and buildings.
The three different variations of this item are called Wonderglue, Economy Wonderglue, and Sealed Wonderglue. Players can find some of these in the following places:
- The depot on the top floor of Vault 81.
- Inside the warehouses near Fort Hagen.
- In Gladys’ room in Sandy Coves Convalescent Home in Salem.
- The gift shop of Vault 118 on The Island.
- To the south of the Greater Mass blood clinic, in an unnamed building.
- The Hardware Town building in The Fens.
- An unmarked location in Concord known as the Concord Speakeasy.
- Nahant Oceanological Society lab in Nahant.
- On the lower levels of Vault 114, inside a storage room.
- A table outside the Diamond City Surplus store in Diamond City.
- Nuka-Cola lunchboxes.
Unlike Duct Tape and Wonderglue, Vegetable starch cannot be found out in the world of Fallout 4. It is an item that the player can only craft. It also has the unique benefit of being the only source of Adhesive in the game that can be infinitely generated, even though it takes quite a bit of work to set up a reliable source of components.
To start with, you will require a functioning settlement with several available residents for some manual labor. Then, you have to grow Corn, Mutfruit, and Tato crops in this settlement.
Planting these crops first requires that you actually find some of these consumables in the world. You can look in the following locations for these:
- 5 plants at Graygarden.
- 7 plants at Covenant.
- 7 plants at West Everett Estates.
- 11 plants at Finch Farm.
- 15 plants at Somerville Place.
- 16 plants at Bunker Hill.
- 22 plants at Breakheart Banks.
- 24 plants at The Slog.
- 4 trees at the Prydwen.
- 8 trees at Finch Farm.
- 11 trees at Warwick homestead.
- 21 trees at Diamond City.
- 26 trees at Greentop Nursery.
- 16 plants at Tenpines Bluff.
- 18 plants at Abernathy Farm.
- 20 plants at Diamond City.
- 23 plants at Warwick Homestead.
Once you have a handful of each of these, you can use them to plant their crops in your settlement for a constant supply.
Next, you must install either Water Pumps or Water Purifiers to generate Purified Water. If you have an already existing settlement, you probably already have this point covered since water is essential to operate properly.
Now finally, you have to build a Cooking Station. You can use this to turn 3 Corn, 3 Mutfruit, 3 Tatos, and 1 Purified Water into a singular unit of Vegetable starch. Once you break this down at the Workshop, you’ll be rewarded with 5 Adhesives for your trouble.
This has been Exputer‘s Fallout 4 Adhesive guide. Hopefully, it will help you find or craft all of the components you require.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍