The Punisher pistol is one of the earliest weapons that you can obtain in Resident Evil 4 Remake, but it is easy to miss how you can acquire it if you’re not familiar with the original game or are a new player. The gun is a great addition to Leon’s arsenal, one which can provide a beneficial upgrade to the starting pistol, SG-09. Furthermore, the punisher can also be upgraded as soon as you obtain it via the merchant in Chapter 2.
You can watch our video tutorial below and learn how to get Punisher. Or, continue reading the guide and find more about the weapon in RE4 Remake.
How To Get The Punisher
You can obtain the Punisher pistol as early as the beginning of Chapter 2 in Resident Evil 4 Remake via your first meeting with the merchant. The requirements for acquiring the gun are pretty straightforward, especially if you’re someone like us who played the original game too.
However, there are some prerequisites to keep in mind here but fret not since the game allows you to backtrack to a few areas of the village. It is easier said than done that you will receive the weapon without any hitches. But let’s go over the main materials that you will need in order to trade this weapon from the merchant, spinels.
Where To Get Spinels
Early on in the game, you will be able to undertake special requests marked in blue across the levels. These are essentially side quests in Resident Evil 4 Remake, and one instance of them is shown in the image above. These requests will reward players with spinels as well as other rewards as they progress later with the game. You will need a total of 5 Spinels in order to purchase the Punisher pistol from the merchant.
- You can find requests as early as the first chapter of the game, the earliest one being right after the first village fight area near a small barn.
- It will require you to shoot down five blue medallions around the area, which aren’t too hard to find if you’re paying attention to the environment.
- Another request can be found right at the merchant during his first encounter in Chapter 2.
- It is simple as it requires killing three rats in the factory vicinity near him, which aren’t too far apart in terms of exact locations.
Visiting The Merchant
Once you finally have five spinels, simply head back to the Merchant, who will have his first shop set up right near the beginning of chapter 2, where Leon first recovers his gear from the villagers. Now in the Trade section, you should now be able to purchase the Punisher pistol from him in addition to other items, such as a treasure map.
Stats & Best Upgrades
|Stats||Power||Ammo Capacity||Reload Speed||Rate Of Fire|
Weapon upgrades can vary from each other in Resident Evil 4 as different guns can tend to provide different situational benefits for Leon during combat sections. These instances can include the shotgun being effective if resources are invested in power as well as the rifles benefitting from higher ammo capacity and reload speed.
However, on the subject of the best upgrades for the Punisher, as someone who used it in both the original game as well as the remake:
- We strongly advise upgrading the Power stat first, as it will help stun enemies easily when lining up headshots.
- Alternatively, you can also focus on boosting the rate of fire as you will constantly be under pressure from enemies, so making every shot fire faster will undoubtedly make the Punisher stand out better.
- Later on in the game, you will acquire a much stronger pistol, such as the Red-9, so we encourage you not to invest too much of your hard-earned currency into the Punisher.
Summing It Up
The Punisher pistol certainly isn’t a weapon that you can overlook in the game. As pointed out in the following Subreddit Post, the weapon during the original game had a tendency to over-penetrate targets, making it a significant upgrade over the starting weapon right off the bat. The personal choice may vary, but there is no harm in picking the Punisher weapon due to how simple it is to complete the early-game requests.
In our Review of Resident Evil 4 Remake, we were astounded by the new changes it brought to the table in comparison to the original game from 2005. New features, such as parrying with Leon’s knife, are certainly something that fans, both new and old, will love to experience for themselves heading into Resident Evil 4.
But for now, this wraps up our guide to the Punisher pistol, its stats, and how you can obtain it in the game. Do let us know in the comments section below what you think of the game so far and if you’re enjoying the fresh new vibe of the remake. As always, eXputer wishes you luck!
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How Long To Beat
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Vs Original
- Best Weapons In Resident Evil 4 Remake
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍