Resident Evil 4 Remake is packed with some of the best weapons from the series. You have the option of selecting the best guns out of 29 firearms in the game, which speaks volumes about how much versatility you can add to combat. While not all guns perform equally, and every weapon comes with a set of pros and cons, learning about the best ones is the key to survival in the Ganados plague.
Here are all Best Weapons in RE4 Remake compared to each other in the table below:
|Weapons||Type||Power (Max)||Ammo (Max)||Reload Speed (Max)||Rate of Fire||Precision|
|Red9||Semi Auto Handgun||2.7||16.0||1.25||1.26||4.8|
|Punisher||Semi Auto Handgun||1.9||24.0||1.5||1.91||4.5|
|W-870||Shotgun||10.1 x 2||10.0||0.95||0.85||2.8|
|Bolt Thrower||Special||2.4||10 x 2||0.94||0.85||3.0|
|Riot Gun||Semi Auto Shotgun||12.8||12.0||0.97||1.1||3.5|
|Striker||Semi Auto Shotgun||16.2||24 x 2||0.62||1.57||2.0|
|Chicago Sweeper||Submachine Gun||2.0||70.0||0.93||2.5||3.0|
|CQBR Assault Rifle||Auto Rifle||3.4||32.0||1.25||2.5||5.0|
|Infinite Rocket Launcher||Special||N/A||Unlimited||N/A||N/A||N/A|
You can continue reading our draft or watch the video here:
|Rate of Fire||1.26|
Starting off the Resident Evil 4 Remake Best Weapons list, the Red9 handgun has undoubtedly earned its reputation as one of the best weapons. Its unrivaled power, surpassing all other non-magnum handguns, is a testament to its supremacy. Upon acquiring the Red9 in the Resident Evil 4 Remake, players may initially be put off by its unwieldy recoil and lackluster accuracy.
- However, these shortcomings can be overcome by investing in indispensable stock attachments.
- This upgrade transforms the Red9 into a formidable weapon, justifying the price and inventory space it requires.
- Remember, though, that the stock isn’t immediately available from the vendor, so persistence and patience are key to unlocking the full potential of this powerhouse handgun.
|Rate of Fire||1.91|
The Punisher handgun holds its own in the remake, despite some shortcomings. While the SG-09 R may boast slightly better stats and raw damage, the Punisher’s true value lies in its penetration power, allowing players to eliminate multiple enemies with a single shot if they’re properly aligned.
- This distinctive feature is further enhanced by the Exclusive upgrade, which increases penetration 5x, making the Punisher an indispensable crowd-clearing weapon.
- Complemented by a relatively low upgrade cost, swift firing rate, and rapid reload time.
- The Punisher’s 9mm semi-automatic design offers a unique advantage in the arsenal of Resident Evil 4 Remake handguns, even though it may not pack the most powerful punch.
|Rate of Fire||2.50|
Next, in our best re4 weapons, we have the Matilda. Paying homage to Resident Evil 2, the Matilda is a three-round burst pistol that bridges the gap between traditional handguns and SMGs. While its firepower ranks in the middle amongst its handgun counterparts, it boasts the quickest rate of fire, reload speed and largest capacity.
- These attributes are further enhanced when a stock is attached, transforming the Matilda into an even more efficient and deadly weapon.
- However, it’s important to note that the Matilda has a hefty price tag for full upgrades.
- Despite this, Matilda’s unique features and versatility make it a valuable asset in the hands of skilled players.
|Rate of Fire||0.85|
W-870 is a powerful shotgun that shines when confronting hordes of Ganados, chainsaw-wielding adversaries, or the formidable El Gigante. The weapon is known for its tight spread and remarkable stopping power, enabling players to easily dispatch enemies.
- While it may have the cheapest upgrades and lowest initial power of all shotguns, the Exclusive upgrade doubles its power, catapulting it to the top as the most potent shotgun in the game.
- Players must adapt to its slower rate of fire and reload speed, but these minor drawbacks are a small price to pay for the unparalleled power the W-870 shotgun delivers.
|Rate of Fire||1.16|
Killer7 is a powerhouse magnum weapon that delivers devastating blows with each shot, swiftly eliminating adversaries with only a few well-aimed rounds. The Magnum’s immense firepower truly shines when facing more challenging opponents, such as the armored El Gigante and the daunting Krauser. Additionally, its piercing capabilities make it a prime choice for penetrating the tough exterior of specific enemies.
- The limited ammo capacity may present a drawback.
- The Killer7 Magnum’s unrivaled stopping power more than compensates for this minor shortcoming, solidifying its position as a formidable weapon in the game.
|Ammo Capacity||10 x2|
|Rate of Fire||0.85|
Next up on the Resident Evil 4 Remake Best Weapons list we have the Bolt Thrower. It’s explosive bolts pack a powerful punch, inflicting significant damage and knockback to multiple enemies with a single shot. The weapon’s remarkable accuracy allows players to eliminate foes with pinpoint precision, even from a distance.
- Its distinctive piercing capabilities make it an excellent choice for penetrating the robust exteriors of larger adversaries, such as the El Gigante or regenerators.
- Furthermore, the Bolt Thrower is a silent weapon, enabling players to dispatch enemies without alerting others in the vicinity.
- Although its reloading process is slow, the Bolt Thrower’s overall efficacy far outweighs this minor drawback, making it a valuable addition to any player’s arsenal.
There are more potent weapons than the Fighting Knife. Yet it’s a fantastic asset for any skilled player to have. Use the Fighting Knife in tandem with your other weapons to save bullets and provide devastating close-range damage to your foes. The Fighting Knife is surely one of the Resident Evil 4 Remake’s Best Melee Weapons, especially for sticky situations.
- The Plague-infected villagers and Ganados are no match for its lightning-fast assault speed and stunning abilities.
- The Fighting Knife also has other uses beyond combat, as it can be used to smash boxes and barrels to access valuable objects and ammunition.
|Rate of Fire||1.10|
The Riot Gun Shotgun in Resident Evil 4 is one of the most powerful shotguns. This weapon boasts an impressive fire rate and a wide spray, making it incredibly effective against groups of enemies. The Riot Gun Shotgun’s raw stopping power is particularly useful against tougher enemies like the chainsaw-wielding maniacs and the heavily armored Ganados.
- Its ability to deal massive damage even at medium range is also a significant advantage.
- The weapon is capable of taking out enemies before they can get too close.
- The Riot Gun Shotgun’s only downside is its reload time, but skilled players can use this brief period to reposition themselves and avoid enemy attacks.
|Ammo Capacity||24 x2|
|Rate of Fire||1.57|
Striker shotgun boasts a high fire rate, large ammo capacity, and a tight spread, making it incredibly effective against both groups of enemies and tougher foes. The shotgun’s unique upgrade system, which allows players to increase its ammo capacity, makes it even more versatile and effective in combat.
- Its ability to pierce through multiple enemies with each shot makes it an excellent choice for taking on groups of enemies.
- The Striker Shotgun’s only downside is its slow reload time.
- But skilled players can use this brief period to avoid enemy attacks and reposition themselves for their next shot.
|Rate of Fire||2.50|
Chicago Sweeper machine gun boasts a high fire rate and a large ammo capacity, making it incredibly effective against groups of enemies and tough bosses. Its superior damage output and piercing capabilities are ideal for defeating the game’s more formidable enemies. If sound suppression isn’t your biggest need then you can opt for the Chicago Sweeper as one of the Best Weapons in RE4.
- The gun’s only real drawback is its hefty price tag, but skilled players will find the investment more than worth it.
- Its rapid-fire capabilities and overall effectiveness make it a favorite among experienced players, and its iconic design and history make it a must-have for any fan of the series.
|Rate of Fire||2.50|
LE 5 is perfect for long-range killing because of its pinpoint precision and devastating stopping force. It is useful for clearing out large groups of adversaries or removing impediments in the player’s way since it can pierce through numerous foes and items at once.
- The LE5’s superiority in combat is bolstered by its ability to be upgraded to improve its damage output and magazine size.
- Despite its sluggish firing rate, the LE5 rifle is a great option for gamers that want a more tactical approach to fighting.
CQBR Assault Rifle
|Rate of Fire||2.50|
The CQBR Assault Rifle is a strong and flexible weapon in Resident Evil 4, excelling at both close and medium range. This assault weapon is perfect for clearing out big groups of foes and doing heavy damage to bosses thanks to its rapid rate of fire, good accuracy, and enormous ammunition capacity.
- The CQBR Assault Rifle is a fan favorite among seasoned players due to its power and adaptability.
- Despite the fact that its sluggish reload time might be a detriment in some scenarios.
|Rate of Fire||0.92|
Stingray sniper rifle is one of the best weapons in the RE4 remake, and that shouldn’t be overlooked. While it may not be the most powerful sniper rifle in the game – the SR M1903 boasts twice the power with its exclusive upgrade – the Stingray more than makes up for it with its excellent rate of fire and precision.
- Its fast firing speed allows players to take out enemies quickly without losing sight of their target, while its pinpoint accuracy ensures that every shot counts.
- The Stingray’s 3x power against weak points bonus also makes it a highly effective tool for taking out tougher enemies with precision shots.
- In short, if you’re looking for a high-quality sniper rifle in Resident Evil 4, the Stingray is an excellent choice that delivers both power and precision.
Infinite Rocket Launcher
If you really want the best weapon in Resident Evil 4 Remake that can potentially one-shot most enemies and beat bosses easily, then Infinite Rocket Launcher is the way to go. This is an overkill version of the base rocket launcher that you unlock much earlier and easily in RE4 Remake. Still, if you just want to point and shoot enemies, this is the way to go.
- RPG can one-shot most enemies.
- The infinite ammo version of Rocket Launcher can be used to clear NG+ very easily.
|Rate of fire||0.42|
The SR M1903 is a bolt-action rifle with a reputation for accuracy when used with a scope. It provides players with a way to shoot from a distance and comes with various scopes to choose from. Additionally, it has 3x power against weak points and good penetration power.
- The SR M1903 is slow but powerful and can be upgraded to become stronger.
- It has an exclusive upgrade that can be obtained through a ticket or by fully upgrading the weapon.
- It has an optional scope attachment makes it great for sniping, but the bolt-action reloads animation can slow down lining up shots.
|Rate of fire||0.52|
Last but not least here is The Handcannon as one of the Best Weapons in Resident Evil 4 Remake. It is a powerful magnum revolver that uses its own type of ammunition, Ultimate Mighty Z bullets. Its extra-large X-Frame is designed to handle the high muzzle velocity of the strong cartridge and deliver some serious firepower.
- The Handcannon is a magnum revolver that fires four tightly bunched bullets, making it unique compared to other magnums.
- It is highly effective against tough enemies and can blast through tightly bunched Ganados.
- It is a valuable weapon to have as it is the only Magnum with infinite ammo, despite its base stat being lower compared to Killer7.
What I Think Is The Best Weapon
After having more than 50 hours in Resident Evil 4 Remake, my personal favorite handgun for the early game is Red9, due to the fact that aside from having devastating damage, players can quite literally obtain this weapon for free and sell their current handgun to upgrade the Red9 further.
Both the Riot Gun Shotgun and the Striker Shotgun are fantastic weapons for damaging groups of enemies close to each other and are the weapons I frequently used in Resident Evil 4 whenever I was in a bind.
On the other hand, the Infinite ammo Chicago Sweeper and the Rocket Launcher are basically cheat codes that can make your playthrough a breeze.
This brings us to the end of our Resident Evil 4 Remake Best Weapons guide, where we have listed the best handguns, shotguns, SMGs, Rifles, knives, and more. What is your go-to weapon for crowd control and 1vs1 fights? Let us know more about it in the comments section below. Also, before you leave, consider reading our Resident Evil 4 Remake Review.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍