Resident Evil 4 Remake has probably brought back one of the scariest enemies we all used to hate in childhood. Regenerators were and still are the scariest beings to exist, and players might still want to know Resident Evil 4 Remake How To Kill Regenerators.
Regenerators are tough, tricky & hard to kill. However, our video guide breaks down the process of how you can defeat them easily:
Where Are Regenrator’s Weakspots Located?
While Regenerators can look extremely daunting, well, they truly are, considering their horrid breathing noises and overall build, they are a menace on their own, but when they are after you, they become even scarier.
- Knowing the Resident Evil 4 Remake How To Kill Regenerators may not be easy for newer players; one of the main things that players should know is the weak spots of Regenerators.
- Whenever players can look at a Regenerator, they won’t be able to view the weak spots independently.
The main weak spots for the Regenerators are known as their plagas, and they are not made visible without the help of an external device.
- Players will need to get their hands on a Biosensor Scope with which they can easily view it.
- One thing that players should look out for beforehand is that Regenerators can have their legs chopped off, which makes them start crawling toward the player, making them even more menacing.
How To Obliterate Regenerators
Once players have figured out where the weak spots are located for the Regenerators, the next thing is to take out the enemies, which might be the most daunting part of it all.
One of the main ways, and probably one of the fastest that players can take out these Regenerators in Resident Evil 4 Remake is by using Explosives. The explosives can include throwable items on opponents and instantly render them useless.
- One of the items that players can throw is the Flash Grenade, which is essentially a grenade that can emit out a blinding flash, and upon detonation, it can cause opponents to be stunned.
- The Flash Grenade can be equipped as a separate explosive, and players need to launch it at the opponent to murder them; if the opponent has their Plagas exposed, then it makes the execution all the easier.
- Apart from this, the Hand Grenade can be another explosive that players can try to speed up the murder process. Like the Flash Grenade, it is an equippable item, and all players need to do is shoot it at the Regenerator to cause it to take damage.
Make Use Of The Biosensor Scope
If you didn’t already know, players can get their hands on the Biosensor Scope or the thermal scope (the same thing) and use it to have the Regenerator’s plagas marked out for them.
- The best way to use the biosensor scope is to take it out of your inventory and then equip it on any compatible weapons that can use it.
- Players can use the scope on a total of 4 weapons.
- One of the first weapons players can use the scope on is the SRM1903, which the merchant can purchase by spending 12000 Pesetas.
- The CQBR AR can be found lurking in a locked box whenever players venture deeper into chapter 10, or if you end up missing it, you can buy it from the merchant.
- The LE5 will be obtained before the scope in chapter 13 in the Freezer Room.
- The stingray can be purchased from the merchant for 30000 Pesetas.
After equipping it on any of the four weapons mentioned above, aim it towards one of the regenerators to see where its Plagas are located to make it easier to shoot it.
Prevent Them From Crawling
The next thing players should look out for is when the Regenerators start to crawl. Considering the total amount of plagas on the Regenerator, if players damage two of them, it causes the Regenerators to start crawling.
- This is especially scary since the Regenerators’ overall movement speed increases whenever they are crawling, and they just become an absolute menace to take out easily.
- Whenever they start crawling, they start to slither towards you, and right before they crawl, they will end up falling stomach first to the ground and then pounce on you the first chance they get to.
Use Ranged Weapons
There is no questioning that knives are NOT the way to go whenever you’re attempting to fight the Regenerator. The main reason players might want to stick to a ranged weapon instead of using a melee weapon like the knife is simply due to its safety and ease of it.
- With a ranged weapon, players can stay at a distance and protect themselves from any incoming attacks that might be launched out from the Regenerator.
- They can also use the scope to stay at a distance too.
- It also gives players time to think about their next move against the Regenerator, and in general, ranged weapons are just a lot stronger than they are sought out to be. They are a lot faster in staggering the Regenerator.
A few weapon options that players can try out are listed as follows:
- The CQBR AR is probably one of the best options players can try out whenever they want to obliterate the Regenerator. Players can get it from a locked box in Chapter 10 or buy it from a merchant later on.
- The W-870 Shotgun is also a solid option since shotguns work pretty well in taking out Regenerators and can be obtained from the Village Square inside a house.
- Another option for the shotgun that players can try out to murder the Regenerator is the Skull Shaker, which, unfortunately, players can only get if they are to purchase the Deluxe or the Collecttor’s edition.
- The riot gun can be used as an option too, and it can be purchased from the merchant by spending a total of 28000 Pesetas.
- As for the final shotgun option, players can try out the Striker on the Regenerator, and it can be obtained by spending 38000 pesetas at the merchant shop.
Should A Knife Be Used To Kill?
The simple answer is no. One of the main reasons players might want to refrain from using a knife is simply because, unlike the original Resident Evil 4, which made the knife absolutely broken, the knife in the Resident Evil 4 Remake is weaker.
- Knifes in-game now have a durability bar that deteriorates over time, and it ends up making the knife weaker and weaker over time before it ends up breaking.
My Tips On Killing Regenerators
As discussed, having the Thermal Scope in your inventory is a must-have in your inventory if you want to effectively kill Regenerators without wasting bullets. After completing RE4 Remake twice and having more than 19 hours of experience, I’d recommend ideally pairing your Thermal Scope with the Stingray or the CQBR.
If your rifles don’t have any ammo, equipping the scope on your submachine guns like the LE5 or the TMP is the next best thing for killing Regenerators. However, if none of your scope-compatible weapons have ammo, I’d recommend using a shotgun and aiming for the Regenerators’ head and chest since those are the most common places where their weaknesses might be.
And there we have it! All that players need to know about RE4 Remake How To Kill Regenerators, and with that, we will wrap up our guide! While you’re here, you might want to read our All Bosses guide since it covers details about all bosses and what to expect when facing them! If you’ve wanted to get the Lunker Bass, you can now know how to by reading our Resident Evil 4 Remake Lunker Bass guide!
Getting the eye of Mendez can be a feat on its own. Therefore, our Mendez False Eye guide should make it easier! Know how to get Matilda by skimming through our Resident Evil 4 Remake Get Matilda guide!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍