Stingray is a semi-automatic rifle in the Resident Evil 4 Remake that has great Penetration Power as well as rapid-fire Speed in the game. The players will be able to obtain the weapon only in Chapter 7 after progressing a bit. Just like other weapons, it has different upgrades, each with five upgrade levels. It excels at precision and can be used with multiple scopes. Therefore, you will be able to cover a lot of range with the Stingray.
- Stingray is a powerful semi-automatic rifle in the Resident Evil 4 Remake that excels in Penetration Power and Precision.
- The players will be able to obtain it from the Merchants found in Chapter 7 in the Castle region.
- They will be able to purchase the weapon for 30,000 pesetas from the merchant.
- Stingray is considered one of the best firearms against hordes of enemies and has one of the best reload speeds.
- It might not be as powerful as CQBR, but it has high stability and other perks, which makes it a great weapon to utilize during midgame.
- It has different upgrades, including Power Upgrade, Ammo Capacity Upgrade, Rate Of Fire Upgrade, and Reload Speed Upgrade.
- There is also an exclusive upgrade that will double the Rate Of Fire and requires 60,000 pesetas to be used.
- The Stingray is compatible with multiple scopes, including the Standard Scope, High Power Scope, as well as Biosensor Scope.
How To Get The Stingray
Stingray can be obtained in Chapter 7 quite early on in the game.
You will need to locate the merchant in Chapter 7 to buy the weapon from him. The price for the Stingray in the Resident Evil 4 Remake is 30,000 pesetas. You will be able to buy the weapon at the start of Chapter 7 as well as midway into it.
Going To The Castle
At the start of Chapter 7, the players will find themselves in the castle after receiving a call from Luis, who has medicine for Leon.
- The players will be required to explore through the castle to reach the castle courtyard, where they will meet Luis.
- The first merchant from whom you can buy the Stingray can be found at the very start of the Castle Entrance.
- When you first start out in the castle, you need to make your way toward the entrance.
- The first merchant can be found here, and you will be able to buy the Stingray from him.
Second Merchant Location
In case you were not able to buy the weapon from the first merchant, you can always find the second one to get the Stingray weapon.
- To get to the second merchant, you will need to make your way from the first one and take the stairs ahead.
- Go up the stairs and keep moving forward until you reach an edge.
- From here, you will need to use your binoculars to see ahead and spot the Castle Gate.
- You will need to make your way past a lot of cultists in order to enter through the castle gate.
- After successfully getting past the cultists, you will need to make your way toward the lower floor of the castle.
- Make sure to avoid the cultists in your way and look for the next room.
- Here you will need to move past the cultist affected by the parasite and look for an altar.
- Behind the altar, you will be able to locate a door through which you can enter.
- Keep moving forward until you reach another staircase.
- After that, there will be a cutscene where the cultists will start shooting arrows at you. You will need to kill them, and in case you have obtained the Stingray, the task will be quite easy.
- Now you need to go up the stairs and kill some more cultists before moving forward.
Obtaining The Weapon
After getting past the cultists, you will need to keep moving forward until you find a Cannon.
- You will need to shoot the chain in order to lift the cannon up in the air.
- You will be able to use this cannon to attack the cultists and move past them.
- After successfully defeating the cultists, you will need to head toward the castle gate.
- Now you will be able to go through a new path and make your way inside the castle.
- As soon as you enter inside, you will be able to spot a second merchant to your right.
- Here you will be able to get the Stingray semi-automatic rifle as well as other important equipment you need.
If you are looking to make Stingray your main weapon, it is important to consider some pros and cons.
Semi-automatic rifles, especially Stingray, are great against hordes of enemies.
Stingray is one of the best RE4 Remake weapons that will help you clear out crowds of cultists and even mutants and monsters easily without getting any damage yourself.
- It is also one of the weapons that you will be able to utilize in the end game due to its powerful stats.
- It is pretty affordable, too, since by mid-game, you would have collected enough pesetas to purchase the weapon for 30,000 pesetas.
- When you first utilize the Stingray, it won’t have as powerful stats; however, with proper upgrading, you will be able to make it into a powerful, deadly weapon.
- You will be able to use Stingray as your main weapon or primary rifle against higher-level enemies.
- In case you want to go high on ammo conservation, then you can always switch to low-tier weapons and keep the Stingray only for major battles.
- Since it is a semi-automatic rifle, you will be able to carry and use it on your enemies pretty easily as compared to other weapons like the SR M1903.
- The reload Speed, as well as the power Stingray possesses, is quite high compared to other assault rifles, especially the CQBR.
- Another great perk about the Stingray is that it fires twice as fast as compared to the SR M1903, and you won’t have to shift in order to perfect your aim between shots.
Below are some weaknesses that you should consider before making the Stingray your prime weapon.
- It is no doubt that Stingray is a powerful sniper rifle, but the SRM 1903 is way more powerful, especially when upgraded fully.
- There is a very small window of time between the shots when using the Stingray, which makes it a whole lot smoother to use. But many players prefer a bit of delay in order to adjust their aims which the Stingray does not offer.
- The M1903 is perfect if you are used to handling sniper rifles that offer a delay between shorts.
- As compared to the CQBR, you will find a much better Rate Of Fire as compared to the Stingray.
- The Ammo Capacity that the CQBR has to offer is way better as compared to the Stingray.
- Stingray might be good when it comes to Reload Speed; however, when it comes to a Precise Assault Rifle with the Best Rate Of Fire, then Stingray is not recommended.
- When it comes to Power, the SR M1904 is definitely a way better option as it deals exceptionally high amounts of damage no matter what body part you hit.
- Another downside to the Stingray is that it takes up a lot of inventory space which does not make it quite convenient for the players to use.
- It won’t work great in close combat since it is designed to shoot enemies at a distance.
Upgrades For Stingray
The players will be able to make use of five different upgrades with five upgrade levels each for Stingray, which will make it even more powerful. Each of these upgrades has different costs depending upon the current Upgrade Level, and they will affect the assault rifle differently as well.
By increasing and investing in the power upgrade, the players will be able to improve the explosive range of the Stingray assault rifle significantly. This will also play a major role in increasing the damage done by the rifle.
Thanks to the five upgrade levels it has, the players will be able to invest in Stingray to make it the most powerful sniper rifle in the game. The highest power upgrade for the Stingray rifle will cost you around 50,000 Pesetas.
Ammo Capacity Upgrade
The highest upgrade to increase the ammo capacity of Stingray will cost you around 25,000 pesetas. The players can invest in this upgrade if they want to increase the ammunition capacity of the sniper rifle. They can choose to upgrade all the way to the 5th level if they want to fire more rounds on their enemies.
Rate Of Fire Upgrade
Another great upgrade to consider if you are looking to improve the rate of fire of your sniper rifle. Rate of Fire is definitely a good investment, especially for Stingray, and it can upgrade all the way to level 5 as its last upgrade will cost you only 30,000 pesetas.
Reload Speed Upgrade
By investing in the upgrade, you will be able to utilize multiple rounds with each reload of your sniper rifle.
Therefore, the players will be able to shoot without any break when they have upgraded their reload Speed. The level 5 upgrade of reload Speed will cost the players around 19,000 pesetas.
By investing around 60,000 pesetas, the players would be able to improve their Rate Of Fire further. This exclusive upgrade will double the rate of fire and make Stingray a deadly weapon to maneuver.
Tips For Using Stingray
Below are some tips that you can use to get the maximum out of this weapon.
- Since Stingray is a Sniper Rifle, it is only great for use when it comes to longer ranges.
- You can use the Stingray to take down enemies that are at a distance.
- Furthermore, you will also be able to use the weapon whenever you are trying to avoid close combat and want to clear your way of enemies without engaging much in battle.
- The best part about the sniper rifle is that it lets you hit enemies from a distance.
- It does triple the damage when you hit the weak spot of your enemy, so it is important always to make your shots count, as you won’t be able to deal much damage if you hit somewhere else.
- The weapon already excels at Damage Rate, Reload Speed, and Fire Rate. However, you can still make Stingray a lot more powerful if you invest in these upgrades.
- There are a lot of different scopes to use for this weapon as well. However, it is important to practice with one before you move over to the next.
- You will be able to use three different scopes for the Stingray, including the High Power Scope, Standard Scope, and Thermal Scope, which you will be able to obtain at the incubation lab.
- If you are looking for a weapon that is precise and has better stability over long range, then you should definitely consider upgrading the Power as well as the Rate Of Fire of Stingray.
Summing It Up
With this, we conclude our detailed guide on how to obtain the Stingray sniper rifle in the Resident Evil 4 Remake as well as its upgrades and uses.
While you are at it, don’t forget to check out our guide on how to catch lunker bass in the Resident Evil 4 Remake. We have also formulated a detailed guide on striker shotgun which is another great weapon to have in your inventory.
If you are looking for a weapon that does damage on a massive scale, then you can check out our guide on the infinite rocket launcher and how to obtain it. We have also formulated a detailed guide on the best charms in the Resident Evil 4 Remake and how to get a black tail.
Don’t forget to check out our guide on how to get Chicago Sweeper and Matilda which are great weapons for endgame against high leveled enemies.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Red9
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: Grandfather Clock Correct Time Puzzle
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: W-870 Shotgun Location
- How To Get Mendez’s False Eye In Resident Evil 4 Remake
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍