The Matilda is one of the best weapons in Resident Evil 4 Remake, alongside Red9 and Punisher, and you can get it mid-game while going through the castle area. However, you don’t obtain the gun at its full potential; rather, you’ll get an upgrade for Matilda later that completely changes how the weapon works.
- Matilda can be obtained as soon as Chapter 8 begins in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
- The Merchant sells the weapon, and you can trade it for 10 Spinels additionally.
- The stock of Matilda is not obtained in Chapter 8 but later in the game, and that can only be bought using spinels.
- You can quickly obtain spinels by completing the Merchant’s Requests in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
- If you’re looking to upgrade the weapon, then focus on the Firepower stat first.
- Lastly, if you want to change your handgun later in the game, then you can sell the Matilda, and you’ll get back the money that you spent upgrading the weapon as well.
How To Get Matilda
Matilda can be bought from the merchant in the game as soon as Chapter 8 begins.
- The chapter starts after your hectic battle at the castle fountain area in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
- If you have enough spinels on you, then you can purchase the weapon immediately after chapter 8 begins additionally.
- Basically, the merchant adds this weapon to his trading tab once you start chapter 8.
- And then you can buy the weapon whenever you have the required number of spinels which is 10.
- The weapon will remain with the merchant for the entire game after it becomes available in the merchant’s shop.
If you’re running low on spinels and want to get the Matilda as soon as it becomes available, then you can follow the following steps to obtain as many spinels as you can;
- Firstly, you’ll get some spinels by exploring various levels in the game, but this method is not that efficient, and you need 10 spinels additionally.
- The best method of getting spinels is by completing the merchant’s requests.
- Not only are these quests easy to complete, but they also net great amounts of spinels additionally.
- Most of these requests require you to either destroy blue medallions or kill certain animals that the merchant wants dead.
Purchasing The Weapon
Once you’ve obtained 10 spinels, just make your way to the merchant after completing chapter 7 and buy yourself the Matilda.
- The stock of the Matilda does not become available for purchase as soon as the weapon does in Chapter 8.
- You can buy the stock later in the game by trading spinels with the merchant when the weapon part does become available.
- The stock is a really essential part of the weapon as it brings out Matilda’s true potential by turning it into a burst handgun.
Stats & Best Upgrades
|Stats||Power||Ammo Capacity||Reload Speed||Rate Of Fire|
Matilda is one of the most powerful handguns in the game, and there are certain specific stats that you should focus on when upgrading the weapon. However, aside from the upgrades, the Matilda really shines once you obtain its stock.
- Focus on the power stat first, as you’ll be able to finish off enemies more quickly once the power of the weapon is fully upgraded, and enemies will get stunned more easily as well.
- Next, focus on the reload speed and rate of fire stats, as they are quite low at their starting level.
- Don’t focus on the ammo capacity much, as the weapon offers a huge magazine even at level 1.
- Additionally, if you ever want to switch from Matilda, then you can sell the weapon, and you’ll get your money back for the upgrades as well.
Resident Evil 4 Remake is one of the best remakes and an amazing addition to the 2023 game releases. It is also a definite contender for GOTY as well. The remake introduces many new weapons as well, like the Bolt Thrower, and old weapons also make a return, like the W-870 Shotgun. Depending upon the type of edition that you buy, there are many bonuses that you get in Resident Evil 4 Remake as well.
This concludes our guide on how you can get Matilda in Resident Evil 4 Remake. We have entailed everything that you need to do in order to obtain the weapon. The best upgrades of the weapon have also been explained in complete detail. We hope that the guide was helpful in getting the powerful handgun. Let us know what you think about Resident Evil 4 Remake in the comments below!
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Get Wrench Tool
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: Keycard Locations
- RE4 Remake: Treasury Sword Puzzle Solution
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: Grandfather Clock Correct Time Puzzle
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍