The Resident Evil 4 Remake has a lot of new weapons in store for the players, including the legendary Bolt Thrower. It is definitely one of the best weapons that will allow you to take down your enemies very stealthily without getting any damage yourself. If you want to kill your enemies without them knowing, then the Bolt Thrower is the best weapon to consider.
Here is eXputer’s take on how to get Bolt Thrower & if you should use it in Resident Evil 4 Remake:
How To Get The Bolt Thrower
The Bolt Thrower is one of the best weapons in the Resident Evil 4 Remake that can be purchased from the Merchant.You will be required to pay 10,000 Ptas to the Merchant in order to get it. The best part about the weapon is that it can be obtained as early as Chapter 2 when you first meet the Merchant during exploration. Below, you will see how you can get to the Merchant in the game.
As soon as you start Chapter Two, you will be in a room held captive. You will need to make your way toward the Church where Ashley is being kept in order to finish the chapter.
You can trade with the Merchant in the area before going to the Church:
- To get the Bolt Thrower, you must access the shop when talking to the Merchant.
- Click on Buy and select the Bolt Thrower.
- After that, you just need to pay 10,000 pesetas to get the weapon.
- Make sure to get the recipe for Bolts, which are used as the ammo in the Bolt Thrower.
Bolt Thrower Upgrades
In the Resident Evil 4 Remake, the players will get to utilize five different upgrades, each with different upgrade levels for the Bolt Thrower.The Bolt Thrower in Resident Evil 4 Remake offers several upgrade options:
- Power: Increases explosive range and power with five upgrade levels.
- Ammo Capacity: Boosts ammunition capacity with five upgrade levels.
- Reload Speed: Enhances reloading speed and capacity, with five upgrade levels.
- Rate of Fire: Significantly improves the rate of fire, also available in five upgrade levels.
- Exclusive Upgrades: Enhance ammunition capacity and overall performance.
- The recommended upgrades are rate of fire, power, and ammo capacity, as they make the Bolt Thrower effective against higher-level enemies.
- Initially, the weapon’s base stats are average, so invest in these upgrades to maximize its usefulness. You can skip the exclusive upgrade, as the minimal increase in ammo capacity isn’t as beneficial.
Bolt Thrower Perks
There is no doubt that the Bolt Thrower is perfect for when you want to take out enemies without attracting more.Furthermore, you can use the weapon to sneak up on villagers and kill them without getting any damage yourself. Ensure that you are not in a crowd when you use the Bolt Thrower on someone. This is because the crowd can start screaming and attract more enemies. Below are some pros and cons that you can check out to see if the Bolt Thrower is worth it or not.
The Bolt Thrower’s key advantages as a main weapon include:
- Infinite Ammo: The Bolt Thrower uses Bolts that can be crafted from larger resources or picked up from dead bodies, ensuring nearly infinite ammunition.
- Ammo Conservation: Bolts can be reused, offering excellent ammo conservation.
- Mines Attachment: Small resources or gunpowder can be used to create mines that attach to the Bolt Thrower and these mines are effective against enemies with large HP.
- High Damage: Mines attached to Bolts deliver great damage, but the Bolt is lost after use.
- Ammunition Retrieval: Regular ammunition and Bolts can be retrieved from enemies and reused.
- Affordable: The Bolt Thrower is an affordable option at just 10,000 pesetas compared to other high-damage weapons in the shop.
- The Bolt Thrower stands out for its ammunition retrieval and cost-effectiveness.
With notable strengths, there are some weaknesses of the weapon that you should consider, too.
- The Bolt Thrower excels in stealthy enemy takedowns but falls short when dealing with higher-level monsters and foes due to its weak base stats.
- While it provides infinite ammo, this doesn’t compensate for its poor stats.
- The issue of Bolts dropping frequently can lead to missed shots and poor timing, potentially wasting ammunition.
- Using Bolts with mines for increased damage is effective but resource-intensive, and Bolts attached to mines are destroyed upon use, making them unrecoverable.
My Tips On Utilizing The Bolt Thrower
The Bolt Thrower in Resident Evil 4 Remake is a stealthy and cost-effective choice, available early for just 10,000 Pesetas from the Merchant in Chapter 2. Upgrades are vital to maximizing its potential, and with over weeks of in-game experience, I’d suggest focusing on the rate of fire, power, and ammo capacity.
However, the exclusive upgrade might not be worthwhile due to a minimal increase in ammo capacity. Keep in mind it’s not the best option for dealing with higher-level monsters due to its weaker base stats and a tendency for bolts to drop at longer ranges. Nonetheless, it excels in silent enemy takedowns and ammo conservation.
With this, I conclude my detailed guide on the Bolt Thrower and how to obtain it in the Resident Evil 4 Remake. While you are at it, don’t forget to check out our guide on all editions of the Resident Evil 4 Remake and how to get the punisher weapon.
If you are curious about how long it takes to beat the game as well as its game length, then make sure to check out our guide on it. We have also formulated a detailed guide where we compare the Resident Evil 4 Remake vs the original that you should definitely check out. You can also check out our guide on all voice actors in the Resident Evil 4 Remake to see who voices your favorite character.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍