How to get back to the Church in Resident Evil 4 Remake is one of the most concerning topics in the community. A lot of players find it hard to complete this mission. Searching for the Church Key, also known as Church Insignia is going to be the main goal of players while returning to the Church. This mission is not going to be easy as it includes pretty challenging puzzles and a Boss Fight as well.
- Players will encounter the mission of finding the Church Key and heading back to the Resident Evil 4 church in Chapter 4.
- The Church Key is locked in a shrine inside the Mural Cave.
- To get the Church Insignia, players have to search the following caves:
- Search the Small Cave for the Blasphemer’s head.
- Search the Large Cave for the Apostate’s head.
- To acquire the key, place these heads in the stone hands at the shrine.
- Defeat The Giant while on the way back to the church.
Locating The Church Key
As players reach the church in chapter 3, they are missing the key to open the church gate and rescue Ashley Graham. As players progress through the game, they get closer towards acquiring the Church Key. The Church Key can be found in chapter 4 as players progress through the story. As chapter 4 starts, players have to follow the route that leads to the Mural Cave. Be vary of different mutants on the way as well.
- Inside the Mural Cave, players will encounter a shrine.
- This shrine two consists of two stone hands.
- The Church Key is in between these hands, but the key itself is locked.
- To unlock the key, players have to find and place Apostate’s and Blasphemer’s heads in these stone hands.
- Once you have interacted with the shrine, keep moving forward to the right of the shrine.
- There you will find a painting of the lake on the wall.
- Interact with this painting, and a new objective, “Investigate The Two Locations” will be added to the objective list.
- Follow the cave, and it will eventually lead you to the exit.
Investigate The Two Locations
Once players are out of the Mural Cave, they can see the lake that was shown in the painting on the wall. As they progress further, there will be a boat in the lake. Players can use this boat and explore the lake to find Apostate’s and Blasphemer’s heads. The two locations that players have to explore are “Small Cave Shrine” and “Large Cave Shrine“.
Small Cave Shrine
To explore the Small Cave Shrine and acquire Blashphemer’s head, follow the steps given below:
- You can use the boat to explore the Small Cave Shrine, a map for which is provided in the image below.
- Once at the Small Cave Shrine, you will encounter a stone puzzle which is known as Stone Dais Puzzle.
- After solving the puzzle, the locked gate in front of you will open.
- Inside the room, you will see a statue of Blasphemer.
- Take its head, and you are all good to go.
Large Cave Shrine
Exploring the large cave is going to be more difficult as compared to the small cave because players will be facing a lot of mutants in the large cave. Defeating these mutants is going to be quite hard. Just like the Small Cave Shrine, Large Cave Shrine also has a Stone Dais Puzzle. Solve this puzzle and the locked door will open.
- In case players don’t know where the Large Cave Shrine is located, then the route map is provided below:
- Solve the Stone Dais Puzzle.
- Inside the room, players will encounter the Apostate’s Statue.
- Take its head.
Acquiring The Church Key
- After acquiring both heads, head back to the Mural Cave.
- Place the Apostate’s head in one of the stone hands.
- Place the Blasphemer’s head in the other stone hand.
- The key to the church will be unlocked.
- Acquire the key.
- Head back to the church.
Heading Back To The Church
After players acquire the Church Key, the next step is to head back to the church, use the key to open the church gate and rescue Ashley. But it is not easy as it sounds. Here comes the hard part. While heading back to the church, most of the players don’t know the route that can lead them back to the church. They waste a lot of time exploring the lake and caves for the return route. But there is nothing to worry about because the map to the correct route that can lead players to the church without any extra effort at all is provided in this guide.
MapAll that players have to do is head to the marked location using the boat. Then climb up the ladder and continue moving forward, and eventually, they will reach the church.
El Gigante (The Giant) Boss Fight
On the way back to the church, you will be trapped inside a small arena. This is where Leon will have a one-on-one showdown with the Giant as it shows up. Defeating the Giant is going to be quite a challenging task. But if you follow the tips that are included in this guide, then you are guaranteed to achieve a flawless victory against the Giant.
- The Giant will try to grab Leon or jump on him, but this is where the evade prompt will show up; correctly time the evade, and you are all fine.
- If the Griant successfully grabs Leon, then a knife prompt will pop up, and all you have to do is keep smashing the melee button (left mouse) until you break free from his grab.
- Using melee against the giant is going to be the most useless thing a player can do, so make sure that you have more than enough bullets when you enter the arena to fight the Giant.
- While shooting at the Giant, try to land as many headshots as possible because as always headshots are going to deal more damage.
- While dealing damage to the Giant, a worm-looking parasite will come out of the Giant’s back, now that is your new target.
- Aim and shoot at the parasite but landing shots on it is going to be hard.
- Once you have dealt enough damage, the Giant will fall on its knees. Get close to the Giant and press the interact key.
- Leon will get back on its back, and a melee prompt will pop up. All you have to do is keep smashing the melee button until the Giant gets back up on its feet.
- Keep following these tips until you can defeat the Giant.
- Also, defeating the Giant is going to be easier if you have a shotgun or some other weapon that deals the same amount of damage or maybe even more.
- Make sure to use hand grenades if you run out of ammo.
After defeating The Giant, players can follow the route and get to the Church. That was it for the guide Resident Evil 4 Remake How to get back to the Church. All the puzzles, along with the boss fight that is necessary to get back to the church, have been explained in almost every detail in this guide while you are in it! Why not check out our guide on the best weapons in Resident Evil 4 Remake? As this guide can prove to be very helpful.
Resident Evil 4 Remake is the reworked version of Resident 4 Original that was released back in 2005. This game has made great progress so far and is attracting a large number of players. Players who never thought of playing Resident Evil are also addicted to this game. However, a lot of players are struggling with this game. So, this is where our site can prove to be useful.
We have a lot of guides published on Resident Evil 4 Remake so far, such as the best charms in RE4 Remake, how to get your hands on the Infinite Rocket Launcher and Striker Shotgun, how to get Blacktail and much more. All of these guides can be helpful to you in a lot of ways, so make sure to check them out.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How to get Mendez’s False Eye
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How to get LE 5 SMG
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: Chicago Sweeper
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: Matilda
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍