Resident Evil 4 Remake features a few boss encounters from the original game, including the Chief Village Mendez’s encounters. If players have been facing difficulties getting their hands on the False Eye, they might need assistance getting the Resident Evil 4 Remake Mendez False Eye. The false eye can be sold off for 12000 Pesetas and can be obtained by defeating Mendez with the player’s weapons.
Our video guide on getting Mendez’s False Eye entails how to get this item in RE4 Remake.
As the fight begins, Leon tells Mendez that if he wants to get ugly, he can do that easily. As Mendez mentions a miracle, players want to aim the gun at his head and continue to shoot at it.
- As you continue to shoot at its head, Mendez approaches you before bending down to reach out to you, to which players can simply run forward and escape his counter.
- As you rotate around the room, he follows you and, at one point, lifts a few of his limbs and carries out a sweeping motion towards the player, which presents the players with a prompt that they can easily dodge by pressing O on the controller.
- After that, you want to continue aiming at his spine since it is one of his weak spots.
- As you shoot at his spine, he comes even closer and latches onto you, grabbing you by your neck and lifting you in the air before you can stab him in the left shoulder, and he throws you away.
- He backs away for a second before approaching the player again and carries out another sweeping attack that can be avoided by evading it.
- Evade another one of his attacks, to which Leon does a backflip.
Players want to consistently aim at the spine from here since it can make them vulnerable. Eventually, it causes Mendez to stagger, and he falls to the ground, which reveals his Resident Evil 4 Remake Mendez False Eye on the back.
- Use R2 to stab the eye, which causes him to get weaker, but then Mendez gets back up again.
- At this point, he carries out an all-around sweep, and if you get hit by it, you risk getting severely hurt since it’s a pretty tough attack.
- It’s time to get to higher ground, which can be done by taking one of the ladders on the right and climbing up.
- Run around the entire upper ground since a few resources are strewn along the edges.
- The L1 prompt is presented to players once again when he takes one of his limbs and stabs it toward the player, but it ends up stabbing into the floorboard instead.
- While staying at a distance, aim at Mendez and shoot at his head.
- This stabbing attack is carried out 4 times before you can shoot at it, which causes it to get staggered and fall to the ground.
This is where the player can step in and aim at the Resident Evil 4 Remake Mendez False Eye. Shoot at it, which causes Mendez to go into hysterics, and his body practically splits in half. At this point, his second mutation is underway.
Second Mutation Phase
Moving on, now that players have made it past the first mutation, a cutscene appears, which causes Mendez to fall to the ground. He suddenly gets up and smashes his right limb and left limb to the ground.
As the fight begins, Leon tells Mendez that his tap dancing days are over; Mendez retaliates by throwing forth a flaming pile of wood directly at the player.
- Go towards the battlefield’s right side, grab onto the ladder, and climb it towards the second ledge. This allows players to have a better view of Mendez.
- Another one of his major attack patterns that players need to look out for is the barrels of fire he launches at them.
- After throwing the flaming wood at you, he grabs onto two barrels of fire and launches the right one at you, then throws the left one.
- He then retaliates with another heavy attack whereby he launches another flaming pile of wood one after another for a total of 2 times.
- At this point, players want to stay a bit further away and continue to aim at him with their guns before carrying out the same attack pattern with the flaming wood again.
At one point, he grabs the ledge in front of him to get closer to the player, where he swings at you, and a prompt tells the player to evade the attack.
- He stays still for a minute, whereby players can continuously attack him with their guns, and it eventually causes him to lose his grip on the ledges and fall to the ground.
- As he falls to the ground, he becomes vulnerable, and another prompt appears, which tells the players to stab the False eye by pressing R2.
- Mendez tells Leon that there will be no remission for his sins before he goes back into the air and again attaches himself to the far end of the warehouse.
Now, he grabs two piles of wood and throws them out in a crisscross pattern before grabbing onto two barrels. The easiest way to avoid taking the blow is to shoot at the barrels so that they go up in flames instead of you.
- Continue to shoot at him as he swings left to right; eventually, you can cause him to fall and get demolished.
This ends the boss fight by granting the player the Grilled Big Cheese achievement.
- When the fight ends, Ashley breaks the window to the arena and warns Leon that the place is about to collapse and that he should get out.
After the boss fight ends, the false eye is placed right in front of his arms and can be picked up and sold for 12000 Pesetas.
My Experience Collecting Mendez False Eyes
In my encounter with Mendez’s False Eye in Resident Evil 4 Remake, this boss battle was a pivotal moment in my gameplay, which had already spanned over 25 hours. The initial phase of the fight was intense, compelling me to carefully analyze his attack patterns and strike at his vulnerable spots – his head and spine. It took a few close calls and well-timed dodges, but eventually, I managed to weaken him and seize the coveted False Eye.
The battle didn’t end there, as Mendez underwent a gruesome second mutation, escalating the challenge. Climbing to higher ground allowed me to gain a strategic advantage, and with persistence, I chipped away at his strength. Acquiring the False Eye provided a satisfying reward at the end, making this boss battle one of the memorable highlights in my extensive Resident Evil 4 Remake journey.
And there I have it, all that players need to know about the Resident Evil 4 Remake Mendez Glass Eye, and I will wrap up my guide! If you’ve been trying to get Matilda, then you can read up on our Resident Evil 4 Remake Get Matilda guide! The wrench tool is a pretty important tool in-game. Therefore, our Wrench Tool Overwrite Terminal guide is an excellent read for that!
While you’re here, why not check out our RE4 Remake W-870 Shotgun guide, which goes into detail about the location and price of the gun? You can also read our Resident Evil 4 Remake Keycard Locations guide to getting the level 1, 2, and 3 keycards!
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Game Length
- Resident Evil 4 Remake How To Parry
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Vs Original Comparison
- Resident Evil 4 Remake All Voice Actors
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍