Resident Evil 4 Remake features a few boss encounters from the original game, including the Chief Village Mendez’s encounters. If players have been facing difficulties trying to get their hands on the False eye, they might need assistance getting the Resident Evil 4 Remake Mendez False Eye. The false eye can be sold off for 12000 Pesetas and can be obtained by defeating Mendez with the player’s weapons.
- The False Eye is a boss drop that players can get by defeating the Village Chief Mendez and taking him on in a gruesome fight.
- The false eye can be sold off for 12000 Pesetas to the merchant, which can then be used to buy any other item from the merchant.
- The boss fight takes place in chapter 6 of the game, quite a few ways in.
- To get the False Eye, players can follow these steps:
- Go through the first encounter with Mendez, where he attacks Ashley and Leon.
- Flee from the other enemies that are in your pathway.
- Fight through the first mutation of Mendez, where he appears as a bug and launches various attacks.
- Murder Mendez by facing him in his second mutation, where he is even deadlier and can fly now.
- After defeating Mendez, the false eye can be picked up as a boss drop just as the building is about to go up in flames.
- Players can look out for attack patterns, such as his swinging attacks.
- Other than that, he also carries out attacks such as launching barrels at you and also launching out flaming wood.
- Players are able to evade and stab Mendez when he is staggered and downed.
Our video guide on getting Mendez’s False Eye entails how to get this item in RE4 Remake.
First Encounter With Mendez
Getting things out of the way, the only way that players can obtain the Resident Evil 4 Remake Mendez False Eye is by defeating Mendez, who also happens to be the village chief that players can encounter in chapter 6 of the game.
- One of the first encounters that Ashley and Leon will have with the village chief is when Leon opens the gates for Ashley and asks her to follow him.
- As Ashley follows Leon, a hand grabs Ashley, making her gasp, and startles her.
- Leon immediately defends Ashley by taking out his pocket knife and stabbing it into the stranger.
- The stranger happens to be the village chief, and he ends up kicking Leon to the ground.
- In the background, Mendez locks the doors to trap both Ashley and Leon and mentions a soul-cleansing being required.
As soon as Leon tells Ashley to run, the village chief starts advancing toward the player, whereby players need to go ahead and start rapidly firing at him. Here, players are also required to flee from the villagers.
- At this point, there isn’t a need to consistently fight with the village chief since he will keep following you. The best course of action at this moment is to run.
- As you continue to run, you might end up encountering 3 more enemies lined up in your pathway, and the best way to take them down is to stay at a distance and keep shooting at them.
- As you progress further, about 5-6, more opponents await you, and the easiest way to eradicate them is to shoot at the barrel next to it that causes them to go up in flames.
- Make sure to pick up the resources dropped by the enemies while you’re at it.
- Escape through the narrow cliff edge on the left, pass the broken bridge, and make it to safety ahead.
Once you do so, you need to start making your way to the warehouse where the boss fight will take place, and while you do so, Leon tells Ashley that the village chief wants to get a hold of her and that she should make a run for it whenever he approaches her.
Once you make your way to the warehouse, you are told by Ashley to be extra careful here, and as you head deeper into the warehouse, a cutscene appears, whereby Leon is thrown off the ledge and thrown onto the ground.
- In the Resident Evil 4 Remake Mendez False Eye appears once again. As he stares up toward Ashley, Leon fires a bullet at him, which does absolutely nothing since he is impenetrable.
- Ashley is told to run away by Leon, and once she does, Leon grabs onto a barrel, rolls it toward Mendez, and then fires at it, which causes it to go up in flames, and reveals the first mutation of Mendez.
The first mutation of Mendez reveals him to be a bug-like creature with an exposed spine, two arms on the side, and extra limbs protruding from his back while he continues to walk on normal human legs.
The Fight Begins
As the fight begins, Leon tells Mendez that if he wants to get ugly, he can do that easily. As Mendez mentions a miracle, players want to aim the gun at his head and continue to shoot at it.
- As you continue to shoot at its head, Mendez approaches you before bending down to reach out to you, to which players can simply run forward and escape his counter.
- As you rotate around the room, he follows you, and at one point, he lifts a few of his limbs and carries out a sweeping motion towards the player, which presents the players with a prompt whereby they can easily evade it by clicking on O on a controller.
- After that, you want to continue aiming at his spine since it is one of his weak spots.
- As you shoot at his spine, he comes even closer and latches onto you, grabbing you by your neck and lifting you in the air before you can stab him in the left shoulder, and he throws you away.
- He backs away for a second before approaching the player again and carries out another sweeping attack that can be avoided by evading it.
- Evade another one of his attacks, to which Leon does a backflip.
Players want to consistently aim at the spine from here since it can make them vulnerable. Eventually, it causes Mendez to stagger, and he falls to the ground, which reveals his Resident Evil 4 Remake Mendez False Eye on the back.
- Use R2 to stab the eye, which causes him to get weaker, but then Mendez gets back up again.
- At this point, he carries out an all-around sweep, and if you get hit by it, you risk getting severely hurt since it’s a pretty tough attack.
- After Mendez exclaims that Leon is nothing but pitiful, it’s time to get to higher ground, which can be done by taking one of the ladders on the right and climbing up.
- Run around the entire upper ground since a few resources are strewn about along the edges.
- After Mendez tells Leon that they share the same blood, he carries out another attack which can be escaped by hitting L1 since it prompts you to do so.
- The L1 prompt is presented to players once again when he takes one of his limbs and stabs them toward the player, but it ends up stabbing into the floorboard instead.
- While staying at a distance, aim at Mendez and shoot at his head.
- This stabbing attack is carried out 4 times before you can shoot at it, which causes it to get staggered and fall to the ground.
This is where the player can step in and aim at the Resident Evil 4 Remake Mendez False Eye. Shoot at it, which causes Mendez to go into hysterics, and his body practically splits in half. At this point, his second mutation is underway.
Moving on, now that players have made it past the first mutation, a cutscene appears, which causes Mendez to fall to the ground. He suddenly gets up and smashes his right limb to the ground and then his left limb to the ground.
- With that, he also gains momenta sum and then goes airborne for econd before starting to fly.
As the fight begins, Leon tells Mendez that his tap dancing days are over; Mendez retaliates by throwing forth a flaming pile of wood directly at the player.
- Go towards the battlefield’s right side, grab onto the ladder, and start climbing it towards the second ledge. This allows players to have a better view of Mendez.
- Another one of his major attack patterns that players need to look out for is the barrels of fire he launches at them.
- After he throws the flaming wood at you, he grabs onto two barrels of fire and first launch out the right one at you, proceeding by throwing the left one right at you.
- He then retaliates with another heavy attack whereby he launches another flaming pile of wood one after another for a total of 2 times.
- At this point, players want to stay a bit further away and continue to aim at him with their guns before carrying out the same attack pattern with the flaming wood again.
At one point, he grabs onto the ledge that is infront of him to get closer to the player, which is where he swings at you, and a prompt appears that tells the player to evade the attack by clicking O on their controller.
- He stays still for a minute, whereby players can continuously attack him with their guns, and it eventually causes him to lose his grip on the ledges and fall to the ground.
- As he falls to the ground, he becomes vulnerable, and another prompt appears, which tells the players to stab the False eye by pressing R2.
- Mendez tells Leon that there will be no remission for his sins before he goes back into the air and again attaches himself to the far end of the warehouse.
Now, he grabs two piles of wood and throws them out in a crisscross pattern before grabbing onto two barrels. The easiest way to avoid taking the blow is to shoot at the barrels so that they go up in flames instead of you.
- Continue to shoot at him as he swings left to right, and eventually, you can cause him to fall and get demolished.
This ends the boss fight by granting the player the Grilled Big Cheese achievement.
- When the fight ends, Ashley breaks the window to the arena and warns Leon that the place is about to collapse and that he should get out.
After the boss fight ends, the false eye is placed right infront of his arms and can be picked up and can be sold for 12000 Pesetas.
Attack Patterns To Look Out For
Moving on, another thing that players might want to know beforehand is a few attack patterns that players should look out for so that the entire boss fight is a lot easier on them.
- In the first phase, Mendez will come closer to you and grab hold of you by Leon’s neck, and the attack is not avoidable.
- In his first phase, he carries out a sweeping motion by lifting his limbs and attacking the player, which can be evaded.
- After making him vulnerable for the first time and he gets back up, he carries out a sweep in a circular motion which can severely cause you to get hurt.
- If you’re on the higher ground, then he attempts to stab you with one of his limbs quite a few times.
- In his second phase, he tends to pick up barrels that he launches at you that explode upon impact, so look out for them.
- He also grabs wood on the fire and launches it at you as well.
And there we have it, all that players need to know about the Resident Evil 4 Remake Mendez Glass Eye, and with that, we will wrap up our guide! If you’ve been trying to get Matilda, then you can read up on our Resident Evil 4 Remake Get Matilda guide! The wrench tool is a pretty important tool in-game. Therefore, our Wrench Tool Overwrite Terminal guide is an excellent read for that!
While we’re here, why not check out our RE4 Remake W-870 Shotgun guide, which goes into detail about the location and price of the gun? Alongside that, you can also read our Resident Evil 4 Remake Keycard Locations guide to getting the level 1, 2, and 3 keycards!
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Game Length
- Resident Evil 4 Remake How To Parry
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Vs Original Comparison
- Resident Evil 4 Remake All Voice Actors
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍