Blacktail is the best handgun weapon with the fastest fire fate in Resident Evil 4 Remake, and that is not the only reason which makes you want to get the weapon, but it is the great damage that this weapon deals alongside its speed. Both of these qualities put the Blacktail at the top of most other handguns in the game additionally and make it one of the best weapons in RE4 Remake.
How To Get Blacktail
Blacktail becomes available for purchase as soon as you finish Chapter 6 in the game. It is one of the first few new handguns that you can get if you haven’t purchased the Deluxe Edition or RE4 Remake.
- As soon as you are done killing Big Cheese and obtaining Mendez’s False Eye, you can make your way to the castle in the game.
- When you arrive at the castle, Chapter 7 of Resident Evil 4 Remake begins, and at that point, you will be able to get the weapon that you want.
- At the start of chapter 7, the merchant will start selling the Blacktail for 24,000 ptas, and you will be able to get the weapon before starting your castle exploration.
- If you don’t have enough ptas, currently, then you can always buy the weapon later, as it stays with the merchant for the rest of the game.
How To Get Ptas Fast In RE4 Remake
If you’re running low on ptas, then you can follow one of the following methods to get more money in the game;
- Destroying various barrels and crates found during exploration has a chance of dropping ptas.
- You can quickly get more money by selling treasure items or weapons that you do not use anymore at the merchant in the game.
- Even ammo and healing items can be sold.
- Lastly, you’re going to buy the Blacktail, which is a handgun, so you should sell the handgun that you’re currently using additionally.
Purchasing The Weapon
Go to the merchant once you’ve obtained 24,000 ptas, after Chapter 7 in the game. You can then purchase the Blacktail and use it as your main handgun. It is a really powerful and fast weapon that takes up minimal space in your suitcase.
Stats And Best Upgrades
|Rate Of Fire
Blacktail is a compact canon in the game, and you should focus on upgrading certain stats first if you’re going to main this weapon as your handgun additionally.
- You should first upgrade the power of the weapon, as Blacktail has a really high damage output when compared with some other handguns.
- Blacktail has the fastest rate of fire out of any handgun when fully upgraded, which is why you should focus on this stat too.
- The reload speed of the weapon is also really amazing, and it shines when Blacktail is fully upgraded.
- Also, keep upgrading the ammo capacity on the side since the weapon has really low magazine size at the base level.
My Experience With The Blacktail
After speedrunning Resident Evil 4 Remake several times, I find the Blacktail handgun an excellent choice, especially for a fast-firing weapon that deals significant damage. You can obtain the Blacktail as early as Chapter 7, making it a worthy investment. For most playthroughs, I personally use and upgrade it as my primary handgun beyond Chapter 7.
Upgrading the Blacktail should prioritize enhancing its power and rate of fire, ultimately making it one of the fastest-firing handguns in the game. The reload speed is also a standout feature, ensuring minimal downtime during encounters. While the base ammo capacity is low, it can be upgraded, making it an all-around dependable choice. Overall, the Blacktail is a top-tier handgun for those who favor speed, power, and reliability.
Resident Evil 4 Remake is a really great action title with survival horror elements. You can only appreciate the beauty of the remake if you’ve played the original game. There are many puzzles in the game, too, aside from action and horror, including the treasury puzzle, grandfather clock puzzle, and the church dial puzzle. The game is not that long either, but there is a lot of replayability here.
This concludes my guide on how you can get the Blacktail in Resident Evil 4 Remake. I have included the exact location and method of obtaining the weapon in complete detail. Additionally, the best upgrades of Blacktail have also been explained so that you know what to focus on for the weapon. I hope that my guide was helpful in finding Blacktail. Let me know what you think about Resident Evil 4 Remake in the comments below!
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Get Matilda
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Red9: Location
- Resident Evil 4: How To Get Riot Gun
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍