Little do many knows, Minecraft is possibly the most successful video game franchise of all time. It was launched on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and Minecraft launchers on PC. You’re simply looking at a colossal video game series that has done nothing but grow out of its way, thereby tempting people to try out the best Minecraft launchers there are.
The thing about launchers is that all of them are built differently. While some may have a catchy interface, others will perform on your PC better. Therefore, it’s hard to point out a single Minecraft launcher. Fret not, since we have outlined a range of those in this descriptive guide to make you fully explore your options.
Our Recommended Minecraft Launchers
|SK Launcher||Windows. Mac OS, and A Linux Based System|
|Curse Forge Launcher||Windows|
|GD Launcher||WIndows. Mac OS, and Linux|
|Multi MC||Windows, Mac OS, and Linux|
|T Launcher||Windows, Mac OS, and Linux|
|AT Launcher||Windows. Mac OS, and Linux|
|Shiginima Minecraft Launcher||Windows and Mac OS|
|Void Launcher||Windows and Mac OS|
|Technic Launcher||Windows, Mac OS, and Linux|
|Bad Lion Client Launcher||Windows, Mac OS, and Linux|
|Magic Launcher||Windows. Mac OS, and Linux|
|Lunar Client Launcher||WIndows. Mac OS, and Linux|
|X Minecraft Launcher||Windows, Mac OS, and Linux|
|Hello Minecraft Launcher||Mobile Device|
|Feather Client Launcher||Windows|
1. Minecraft Launcher
The first entry on the list is the all-famous Minecraft Launcher. It is also oftentimes referred to as the Mojang Launcher because you start out with this app when you first buy your copy of the game.
It’s loaded to the brim with features and even profoundly integrates with the Mojang ecosystem. You can play Minecraft Dungeons and Minecraft: Java Edition as well through the launcher at hand.
It’s also remarked well for playing vanilla versions of the title, but when it boils down to mods and similar customizations, Minecraft Launcher probably isn’t your best bet.
Download Microsoft Launcher from the Microsoft Store.
- Best for vanilla Minecraft.
- Official integration for Java titles.
- Supports multiple Minecraft versions.
- Access to patch notes and Mojang news.
- Convenient skin management
- Not for modded gameplay.
- Centralized save data.
- Complex data management.
As far as famed Minecraft launchers go, it’s difficult not to talk about the feature-rich SKlauncher. It doesn’t matter if you’re using a Windows 10/11 PC, a Macbook, or a Linux-based device—you’ll find this launcher across all platforms.
Out of most other launchers, Sklauncher boasts the sleekest design. It’s adorned with modernity and has catchy GUI elements to keep the affair from being downright onerous. It’s also pretty clean and clear, so you won’t be bothered by not being able to find what you’re looking for. Small quality-of-life touches to the program uplift it considerably at the end of the day.
You can download SKlauncher using this link.
- Fast download speeds.
- Modern and user-friendly UI.
- Cross-platform support.
- Beginner-friendly setup.
- Skin customization and account perks.
- Demanding system requirements.
- Reported performance issues.
- Costly capes.
- Requires Java 8 and JavaFX.
3. CurseForge Launcher
CurseForge Launcher is simply top-tier when it comes to Minecraft launchers running full-scale. PC enthusiasts who see themselves enjoying games with mods are definitely going to main CurseForge as their daily driver, and not without good reason.
The biggest advantage you have with using this program for playing Minecraft is the official website of CurseForge itself, which is an unrivaled source for Minecraft mods. You use this Minecraft launcher only to find a horde of mods waiting to be downloaded within the interface in a fully integrated environment.
You can download CurseForge Minecraft Launcher using this link.
- Ideal for modded Minecraft.
- Abundant mods available on CurseForge website.
- Sleek and visually pleasing.
- Integrated mod packs.
- Fast performance.
- Ad-free option requires subscription.
- No native support for fabric mods.
- Reliance on default Minecraft Launcher.
GDLauncher is yet another excellent option available for you to experience Minecraft at its core. You can download it on your Windows 10 PC, Macbook, and even Linux if you wish to create your own modpacks.
The open-ended customizability and a bunch of added perks to assist you in this matter go a long way in improving the user experience. Then, there’s the added feature of decluttering the user interface and letting only those elements stay that are important to you. Not many rival Minecraft launchers can pull this off.
You can download GDLauncher using this link.
- Ideal for custom mod packs on Mac.
- Customizable integrations for a clean look.
- Easy mod pack import.
- Integrated Java.
- Microsoft Account support.
- Compatible with CurseForge.
- Larger file size.
- Resource-intensive for some PCs.
When it cuts down to the best Minecraft Launchers, MultiMC can be regarded as a class apart. It’s a highly lightweight yet efficient software that’s also available for download on Windows, macOS, and even Linux, unlike the CurseForge Launcher.
It’s intended for power users who can navigate their way in and around the complexities of Minecraft mods without breaking a sweat. For instance, MultiMC lets you set up different versions of it for different profiles and makes management painless.
You can download MultiMC using this link.
- Compatible with all major operating systems.
- Lightweight and well-optimized.
- Supports mod packs from various services.
- Multiple launcher instances for different profiles.
- Direct installation of Forge or Fabric.
- Developed with assistance from Minecraft launcher developers.
- Mod installation can be less user-friendly.
- Mod pack updates can be cumbersome.
- Steeper learning curve for new players.
TLauncher’s popularity among Minecraft launchers is immense. It’s flat-out called the best Minecraft launcher ever to exist thanks to a swath of user-oriented features that help uplift the feel of the game tenfold. First off, it originated sometime in 2013 and has been going strong ever since.
One of the launcher’s biggest bragging points is the availability of all Minecraft versions. Right from the alpha builds down to the latest releases TLauncher lets you download them right from its own servers. TLauncher’s developer claims that the versions were and are obtained from the official servers.
You can download TLauncher by using this link.
- Runs well on lower-end PCs.
- Supports all Minecraft versions.
- Reliable customer service.
- Premium version available.
- Mobile version for Android.
7. Titan Launcher
Titan Launcher isn’t to be confused with TLauncher. Both are different software made by different developers with the former being much more lightweight and easy-going. It also goes by the name of Team Xtreme and the creator has come out with a load of modpacks as well.
The program supports all the latest versions of Minecraft to this date. In addition, if you’re on the hunt for custom-made Minecraft worlds, a dedicated section on the official website caters to that profoundly. You can download and play several pre-built worlds, such as Mines, Minigames, and a lot more.
You can download Titan Launcher using this link.
- Free and no need for a premium account.
- Beginner-friendly and easy to use.
- Lightweight with excellent performance.
- Compatible with recent Minecraft versions.
- Offers custom Minecraft worlds on the official website.
- Lacks features compared to other launchers.
- Only available for Windows.
ATLauncher resembles with the aforementioned MultiMC in terms of portability and how the program encompasses most files within the user interface. However, there are significant differences between the two, and the first one right off the bat is active Microsoft account support.
Another feature that makes this application simply one of the best Minecraft launchers is the inclusion of downloadable server packs. This means that you can run local servers on your Windows 10 PC and even prepare server pack tests for assessing the game and making sure the performance stays sublime.
You can download ATLauncher using this link. Choose whatever platform you’re on and click on the “Download” button beside it accordingly.
- Native support for Microsoft accounts.
- Create various mod packs including vanilla, forge, fabric, and Alpha packs.
- Exclusive mod packs.
- Custom server pack creation.
- User-friendly interface with detailed mod information.
- No support for snapshot or classic Minecraft versions.
- High memory usage compared to other launchers.
9. Launcher Fenix
Launcher Fenix is straight out of Spain and is probably a bit unheard of in the Minecraft community. However, what the program lacks in familiarity is quickly made up by its sheer efficacy to run Minecraft on Launcher. There’s just no denying how capable Launcher Fenix is if you take a close, hard look.
The best part is that Fenix Launcher entails a pathway for people with both regular and premium accounts. In addition, you’ll find tools on it that the official Minecraft launcher does not have.
You can download Launcher Fenix by clicking on this link.
- Ideal for Spanish-speaking users.
- Excellent performance and smooth operation.
- Quick setup for new players.
- Skin customization via the official website.
- Multiple Minecraft playing options.
- Supports all Minecraft versions, from alpha builds to the latest releases.
- Only available in Spanish, which may be confusing for English speakers.
- Infrequent updates compared to other launchers.
10. Shiginima Minecraft Launcher
The last mention on this list belongs to Shiginima Minecraft Launcher, which is quite deserving of the spot. This lightweight software lets you run the game painlessly, not to mention the catalog of mods it has for you to download.
There’s little reason not to try this launcher, especially since it gives your game a performance boost while playing. It’s worth knowing that Shiginima is not an official launcher and is more suited for users with regular accounts.
You can download Shiginima Minecraft Launcher by using this link.
- Effortless and well-optimized Minecraft gameplay.
- Lightweight and resource-friendly launcher.
- Improved Minecraft performance.
- Available on major operating systems.
- Offers various appealing character skins.
- Access to intriguing mod packs.
- Default language setting is Spanish, requiring manual language change.
- Lack of official support and premium options.
11. Void Launcher
While this launcher might not be as popular as other launchers for Minecraft out there, it’s considered a good alternative by many players. Void Launcher is a custom mod pack launcher for Minecraft. When you open the launcher, you will see four tabs on your screen. Here, Here be able to read the latest updates from the developer team. You can also search and explore all the mod packs for Minecraft available.
Another thing about this launcher is that it focuses specifically on mod packs. So it will not help you create new instances for Minecraft. You also won’t be able to change other game-related settings as well. So if you’re looking for a complementary launcher instead of a primary one, Void Launcher is a very good option.
- Ideal for players exploring a wide range of mod packs.
- Provides a dedicated tab for staying updated on developer news.
- Access to unique Minecraft servers exclusive to this launcher.
- Simplifies the mod download process, allowing for multiple downloads at once.
- Offers mod pack customization options.
- Limited capability to create new Minecraft instances.
- Restricted control over Minecraft settings through Void Launcher.
- More suitable as a complementary launcher rather than a primary one.
12. Technic Launcher
Technic Launcher is also a great complimentary launcher in case you already have a primary one already. This launcher has been on the internet for a long time. While it is not that popular, it is used by seasoned Minecraft players worldwide because of the quality mods it offers. It has made downloading mods for Minecraft very efficient and fast.
The best thing about this launcher is that it is very easy to install and it will automatically adjust the important settings you will need for Minecraft. There is also a new option that keeps you updated on the latest mod packs added and bug fixes.
- User-friendly Minecraft Launcher, ideal for newcomers.
- Well-optimized default settings reduce the need for extensive adjustments.
- Low resource demands ensure a smooth operation on various PC specifications.
- Compatibility with multiple operating systems, including Linux and Mac.
- Simple mod pack downloads with minimal effort.
- Responsive developer support for prompt bug fixes.
- Outdated mod packs might be an issue with Technic Launcher.
- Limited feature set compared to other launchers, primarily serving as a supplementary option.
13. BadLion Client
BadLion Client has been the favorite of many players owing to its significant focus on anti-cheating in Minecraft. This Launcher will help prevent grief while you play. The BadLion Client is trusted and used by over 45 thousand players with the numbers increasing every day.
The launcher once installed and running will directly install add-ons that will perform anti-Xray. It will also install other anti-cheating measures to make sure that you experience safe Minecraft gameplay.
- Strong focus on anti-cheat mechanisms, enhancing gameplay fairness.
- Offers unique features not found in other Minecraft Launchers.
- Exclusive rewards for loyal community members.
- Prioritizes user safety with up-to-date ban lists.
- Suitable for playing the Vanilla Minecraft version.
- Supports multiple Minecraft profiles setup.
- Not suitable for downloading various mod packs.
- Requires a Microsoft account for profile creation.
- Experiences loading issues that may lead to time wastage.
14. OptiFine Launcher
No matter whether you’re online or offline, OptiFine Launcher promises a significant boost for Minecraft players. Even if you are playing in co-op mode, this launcher will amplify your in-game experience. If you plan on joining the servers that are hosted by other players, the owner of the server must have OptiFine as their launcher for it to work.
This is one of the best tools to organize, activate, or deactivate the Minecraft Mods installed on your device. Even without the updates, OptiFine works well with any version of Minecraft 1.9. It can also work with the older versions of Minecraft.
- Enhances the overall gameplay experience in Minecraft.
- Effective tool for managing Minecraft mods.
- Compatible with all versions of Minecraft, including older and latest ones.
- Offers significant framerate improvements through settings adjustments.
- Allows for quick loading of new Minecraft worlds.
- Mostly free to use, with optional capes as the only purchase.
Limited to joining Minecraft servers hosted by players using the OptiFine Launcher.
15. Magic Launcher
Magic Launcher is a must-have for any Minecraft player that likes to customize their own mods. This launcher allows them to alter any mod available, according to their necessities. But this is not the only function this epic launcher can perform. You can do a whole lot of actions with Magic Launcher.
The Magic Launcher also keeps META-INF in place, so if you use it with other launchers, it will amplify your gameplay even more. It also accompanies mod stacking and an outer mod module that is completely configurable.
- If you would like to customize your Minecraft mods, then the Magic Launcher would be perfect for you.
- Magic Launcher features different tabs that allow you to see various Minecraft-related pages.
- Setting up the Magic Launcher is incredibly easy and can be done with a press of a button.
- There are little to no glitches or bugs in the Magic Launcher and it is optimized very well.
- Magic Launcher is great at setting up different profiles and managing a whole lot of mods.
- There are many features present in the Magic Launcher that can optimize Minecraft and make it run faster.
- Magic Launcher is not available to download on a lot of different operating systems.
- Not all mod packs are supported in the Magic Launcher.
16. Prism Launcher
If you want a launcher that can manage multiple accounts for you, then there is no better choice than the Prism Launcher. Not only that, but you can also enjoy all the features in the Prism Launcher to their max potential without spending any sort of money. One of the many features of the Prism Launcher allows you to keep multiple versions of Minecraft, better known as instances.
You can also manage your Minecraft worlds and resource packs directly from the launcher, making the overall experience feel incredibly convenient. Some more features include the ability to be able to kill Minecraft instantly in case it freezes, which can be very convenient for some lower-end systems.
- Ideal for customizing Minecraft mods.
- Features multiple tabs for various Minecraft-related pages.
- Easy setup with a simple button press.
- Minimal glitches or bugs, well-optimized.
- Efficient profile setup and mod management.
- Offers features that optimize Minecraft for improved performance.
- Some cosmetic features require purchasing the premium version.
- Capes in Lunar Client can be expensive for some players.
17. Lunar Client
For players that do not have great PCs but still want to play Minecraft with a high frame rate, then Lunar Client will be the perfect Minecraft launcher for you. You can boost your frame rate almost twice as much compared to normal if you properly use the Lunar Client. It also boasts single-install features that allow you to quickly download any Minecraft mod without having to manually update it.
There are more than 50 mods available in the Lunar Client that every Minecraft player can enjoy. The selection of mods includes 1.7 Visuals, Replay Mod, Hypixel, and many more. Unlike most other Minecraft launchers, you do not need any extra configurations for these mods, as they are automatically installed for you.
- Lunar Client significantly improves frame rates, often doubling them.
- Offers over 50 different mods, including major mod packs.
- Automatic mod downloads make the process easy.
- Ideal for low-end system players.
- Provides additional settings to further enhance performance.
- Available on major operating systems, including older versions.
- You need to buy the premium version of the Lunar Client to unlock some extra cosmetic features.
- Some of the prices for the capes in Lunar Client might be a bit too expensive for some players.
18. X Minecraft Launcher
The X Minecraft Launcher is a completely open-source launcher that offers you a very modern and aesthetic UI. All of the menus are incredibly easy to read and comprehend, with some great menu options that are brilliantly placed and designed for the most convenience.
But the strongest point of X Minecraft Launcher is its ability to save as much disk space as possible. Unlike most other Launchers, X Minecraft Launcher will allow you to download huge assets like mod packs, resource packs, shader packs, and many more even if you have low disk space.
- Ideal for saving disk space.
- Features an appealing and simple UI design.
- Supports major Minecraft modding APIs.
- Allows login with multiple accounts.
- Facilitates P2P connections for playing with others on different LANs.
- Requires manual mod updates, lacking automatic update support.
- Doesn’t support logins with cracked or offline accounts.
19. Hello Minecraft Launcher
The Hello Minecraft Launcher is one of the few launchers that allow you to run mods on the mobile version of Minecraft. For a very long time, mobile players were unable to run any sort of mods on Minecraft until the Pojav Launcher and Hello Minecraft Launcher hit the market.
The only potential downside to this launcher could be the number of permissions it requires from your mobile device. But you do not have to worry, Hello Minecraft Launcher has been proven to be completely safe and does not have any harmful malware.
- Ideal for running modded Minecraft on mobile devices.
- Suitable for low-end mobile devices.
- Provides access to popular PC mods.
- Offers a mobile-friendly and appealing UI.
- Allows downloads of various Minecraft versions.
Hello Minecraft Launcher is a native Chinese app that requests extensive permissions on your mobile device.
20. Feather Client
Essentially, the Feather Client is a modified Forge and Fabric client. Many players are using it for various reasons because it contains a combination of incredibly diverse features that are rare to see in a single Minecraft launcher. Although you needed to pay around 12$ for Feather Client before, they recently have made the service completely free. You can also invite any of your friends to Feather Client without any sort of restrictions, unlike in the past when you would only get 1 invite.
Feather Client boasts countless other features as well, like the ability to voice chat with your friends who are also using the Feather Client. Without a doubt, this is one of the best Minecraft launchers that you can use.
- Offers significant frame rate improvement.
- Includes over 40 different mods for various purposes.
- Supports the addition of custom mods.
- User-friendly and visually distinct UI.
- Allows free Minecraft server hosting.
- Features voice chat functionality with other users of the launcher.
- Limited availability, not accessible on many operating systems.
Considering all the information taken into account above, it’s not rare to lose track of understanding what’s what. The following FAQ section will hopefully answer the questions you have and get you down to a good level of clarity.
- Got a thing for taking on enemies head-to-head? Up your chances of survival with The Best Axe Enchantments in Minecraft.
Minecraft Launchers FAQ
A regular account is similar to a cracked account in terms of Minecraft. You cannot join official servers like Hypixel, Mineplex, and Cubecraft. You will, however, be able to play online on other servers.
A regular account lets you play Minecraft, but without the extra functionality. The experience stays minimal as you cannot join premium servers and cannot change character skins as well. That said, a regular account is the fastest way to play the game for absolutely free.
It depends on what cracked launcher you’re using. GDLauncher and TLauncher, for instance, both provide cracked Minecraft functionality, but they’re nowhere near in violation of the anti-piracy act.
- Similar Read: Best Minecraft Castle Ideas
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍