Almost as soon as players properly start the game, they will begin to encounter various different Resident Evil Village Wells scattered all around the map.
They don’t look like anything special from a distance, but walking up to them clearly reveals that they can interact. They are also automatically added to the map as well. However, the item required to operate them, the Well Wheel, is found quite a bit in the game.
So with this Resident Evil Village Well Wheel guide, we’ll show you how to get this item and find all of the locations where it can be used.
Resident Evil Village Well Wheel Guide
The Well Wheel is an extremely useful key item that the player can use to acquire a bunch of extra goodies from all of the Wells they’ll come across in the game.
Finding and using it is also completely optional. You do not have to get this to finish the campaign, and none of the items you get from the Resident Evil Village Wells are of much importance to the plot.
You do this side objective only if you want to earn a bit of extra money, or if you could use some extra consumables. Either way, we’ll show you exactly what you have to do in this article.
How To Find The Well Wheel?
To get the Well Wheel, players first have to play through a decent chuck of the game and reach Castle Dimitrescu. Here, they will have to collect an essential key item known as the Iron Insignia Key.
We won’t go too much into spoiler territory, but you have to complete a puzzle on the first floor of the Opera Hall to get this item.
Once you have the key, make your way back to the village and look for the spot marked on the map above. This gate can be opened with the Iron Insignia Key, which then leads to a house nearby.
Walk inside this building, turn right, and the Well Wheel should be right there on top of a wooden barrel. While you’re here, make sure to thoroughly search the house for some other usable items like Shotgun shells.
Now that you have this key item in your inventory, you can go ahead and access all of the Wells in the game.
All Resident Evil Village Well Locations
With the Well Wheel in their hands, players can go ahead and visit each of the following locations.
- Church Well: Go behind the Church building to locate the Well, and inside you should find a Necklace With Two Holes. This can be combined with two blood ruby gems and then sold for a significant amount of money.
- Fallow Plot Well: This is in the area where you start a cutscene with the NPC Elena near the beginning of the game. Right behind her house, there is another Resident Evil Village Well. You should find three Pipe Bombs inside.
- Garden Well: At a certain point in the story, you will take on the boss known as Donna Beneviento. After this, a new gate near the gardens will be opened and a Well can be found in the northern part of this area. The item inside is called Madalina (Head), which can be combined with Madalina (Body) and then sold for even more money.
- Maiden Of War Well: From the center of the village, while looking at the front of the Maiden Of War statue, turn to your right and there should be a Well right in front of you. In this you will find the Wooden Animal (Head), which can be combined with the Wooden Animal (Body) and then sold for a lot of money.
- Moreau’s Laboratory Well: On your way to find Salvatore Moreau, you will go through a location known as the Reservoir. When you pass by the first windmill, there should be a small cluster of houses. At the back end of this area there should be a Well with a Flashbang inside.
- West Workshop Well: There is a Well in between the West Old Town and Workshop locations. It only contains one lockpick, but it’s still worthwhile.
Now all of the Resident Evil Village Wells so far have been fairly straightforward, but the last one of the list is a bit complicated to find. On top of this, you also have to solve a puzzle to get the rewards it has to offer.
How To Solve The Secret Well Puzzle?
After you defeat Salvatore Moreau and explore the Reservoir, you should have two new key items in your inventory. These are the Boat Key and the Crank, and they have to be used together to reach the Mountain Stream Well.
To start with, go to the drawbridge near the Lone Road and lower it using the Crank. This should grant you access to a boat which you should take to the other end of the water. Now there is another drawbridge here that you also have to operate.
Cross this second bridge as well, and you should reach a small house. Head inside and climb through a window at the rear end of the building to reach the backyard. The final Resident Evil Village Well should be right here.
Instead of an item coming out of the Well, this time, a ladder rises up that you can use to climb underground. What you find here is a puzzle room that you have to solve.
Don’t worry; we’ll list the full solution below:
- Climb up the movable platforms until you reach the control panel.
- Press both of the white buttons once. It doesn’t matter what order you do this in.
- Walk to the cart at the far end of the platforms and push it forward twice.
- A second cart should now be accessible. Push this one forward as sell so that it falls to the ground below.
- Walk around the platforms and climb on top of the cart you pushed down in the last step.
- Use this new foothold to climb up to the previously unreachable platform.
- Dropdown into the hole in the floor and loot all of the items in the room. There should be two Flashbangs, Magnum Ammo, and a Large Pigeon Blood Ruby for you to collect.
Good job! Please give your positive feedback ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍