Xenoblade Chronicles 3 was released a few days ago, and it is absolutely amazing. It allows players to explore a beautiful world filled with multiple places for you to explore. If you still haven’t gotten the game, it is important to learn about its different editions. Today, in our guide, we are going to make a comparison between different Xenoblade Chronicles 3 editions.
Since the game’s announcement, fans have been eagerly waiting to get their hands on it. While those who were interested in getting the Standard Edition went through zero problems, Special Edition fans were left disappointed. We’ll talk more about it later in our guide. For now, let’s take a good look at what both editions feature.
Comparison Between Both Editions
Here are all the key differences between editions:
|Special Edition (Collector's Edition)
|Base game only
|Base game, steel bookcase, 250-page concept art book
|Not included (must be purchased separately for $30)
|Artwork on Main Cover
|Artwork by Masatsugu Saito
|Availability in the US
|Sold out (was available for pre-order) and being resold at high prices on eBay
|Availability in the UK
|Available at varying prices
|Planned release in September at a reduced price
|Additional Bonuses (UK)
|Some retailers offer free A4 notebook or postcard set
- Base game only
Special Offers (UK Only):
- My Nintendo Store: Free A4 Notebook
- The Game Collection, My Nintendo Store, Game: Free postcard set
Pricing and Availability:
- US: $59.99, available from major retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, and Walmart
- Amazon UK: £44.99
- My Nintendo Store: £49.99
- Currys (with code “SWFNDD” at checkout): £39.99
- Argos and ShopTo (price may vary, check availability)
- No special offers available for US purchases
- Base game
- Steel bookcase
- Softcover concept art book (250+ pages)
- Main cover artwork by Masatsugu Saito
- Not included in the Special Edition
- Available for purchase separately for $30
- Includes additional story content and in-game extras
- Content released in four stages, with final release expected by end of 2023
- Special Edition was available for pre-order in the US but is now sold out
- Sold by My Nintendo Store for $89, limit of two per user
- Scalpers selling on eBay for $250 to $300 due to high demand
- Potential restock by Nintendo in the future
UK and EU Release:
- Collector’s Edition not available at launch
- Planned release in September
- Confirmed to be sold at a reduced price compared to the US offering
Are There Any Other Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Editions Available?
Other than the Standard Edition and Special Edition, Nintendo has not introduced any other Xenoblade Chronicles 3 editions. Fans were expecting to see at least three different editions, with one featuring the expansion pass. Nintendo has not announced any plans to launch a new edition any time soon, so we will need to wait and see what the future has in store for us.
Is The Special Edition Worth Buying?
If you are a big fan of the Xenoblade Chronicles series, the Special Edition is worth buying. The steel bookcase for the Switch game card and the concept art book are worth getting if you already have been collecting stuff from the previous games.
However, for those looking to get some extra in-game content, there is no need to get the Special Edition. Instead, you should just get the Standard Edition and purchase the expansion pass.
This was everything you needed to know about Xenoblade Chronicles 3 editions. As you can see, the Special/Collector’s Edition has a couple of things that you can add to your collection, while the Standard Version comes with only the base game.
However, the Special Editon is pretty difficult to get in the US at the moment, while UK and EU players will need to wait until September to get it. When that happens, you will need to be quick as scalpers will have their eyes on it.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍