- Armored Core 6 is now the highest-rated game of the series, dethroning AC2.
- Due to FromSoftware’s decade-long work on soulsborne games, the game has reaped several benefits.
- AC6 retains the franchise’s core while augmenting it with better narrative techniques and gameplay systems to provide a more fleshed-out experience.
FromSoftware’s latest project, Armored Core 6: Fires of Rubicon, has launched to a staggeringly positive reception, dethroning AC2 to become the highest-rated game of the series to date. It’s currently sitting at a score of 87 on Metacritic based on 53 critic reviews. Moreover, AC6 has received a “very positive” rating based on over four thousand reviews on Steam.
While the series may have solidified FromSoftware’s development skills and gained the label of being its flagship franchise before Souls, it has always been rather mediocre when it came to critical reception. Prior to AC6, the only game that came close to a rating of 80 was AC2 which secured a 78% rating. Since then, the series has seen a gradual decline in its reviews until now.
Despite this, Armored Core went on to gain a loyal playerbase, seeing several main installments and spin-offs over the years. After going on a decade-long hiatus during which we saw FromSoftware’s meteoric rise to prominence via Soulsborne, Sekiro, and Elden Ring, the studio has finally realized its goal of making a new installment in the storied franchise.
- Armored Core 6 Is The Second-Biggest FromSoftware Launch On Steam By Concurrent Players
- Armored Core 6: Fires Of Rubicon’s System Requirements For PC Out Now
- Armored Core VI Isn’t Open-World Because Devs Didn’t Want It To Be Like Elden Ring
Armored Core is a legacy series, with its first game being launched in the late nineties. Till now, it has gone through various changes over the years, many of which reviews had claimed to be rather subtle. One thing that has retained its identity is the deep level of customization. Something which has carried over to AC6 while combining a decade’s development and game design knowledge.
Based on critic and player reviews, it is evident that Armored Core 6 retains the franchise’s core while benefiting from various techniques and aesthetics acquired due to the studio’s work on the Souls games. It’s what allowed the game to break past that wall finally. As to where the series goes from here, that remains to be seen.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍