Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.61 Adds Official FSR 2.1 Support, And More
Several prominent issues were also tackled such as cross progression and performance related ones.
CD Projekt Red has just recently announced a new 1.61 update for Cyberpunk 2077 that brings forth a bundle of much-requested features and bug fixes. The update will roll out today on platforms, and we will likely be able to indulge in it by tonight. The update arrives with a slew of performance-improving additions.
Developers have ensured to incorporate substantial features in the upcoming patch, and the game will witness smoother gameplay from here on out. The update is headed for consoles, PC, and Stadia. Almost all the features will arrive on the next and old gen except a select few that are slated only for the latest consoles.
- Cyberpunk 2077 is getting a new 1.61 update today that comes with a variety of new additions and bug fixes.
- One of the new major inclusions is AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (FSR 2.1) support for PCs and next-gen consoles only.
- Many lingering bugs have also been tackled, including issues with cross-progression, FPS dropping in menus, Judy disappearing in her apartment, and the like.
- The update will roll out on all the consoles, PCs, and Stadia today.
Cyberpunk 2077’s 1.61 update tinkers with many existing bugs but also brings a vast array of performance-enhancing changes. A vital novelty in the new update is probably the integration of AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2.1 (FSR 2.1) due to the technology aiding the game by analyzing and upscaling the frames.
Previously, mods were used to implement the FSR 2.0, but Cyberpunk 2077 is finally seeing official integration. FSR 2.1 will utilize machine learning to render the native resolution, bumping it up to a convincing 4K. Moreover, it will also lead to overall performance improvements in Cyberpunk 2077.
FSR 2.1 will essentially affect the game in every positive way, enchanting the visuals and gameplay alike. Cyberpunk 2077 ought to look better than ever before, and the weaker rigs will notice a more smooth FPS all around.
However, there’s a catch; FSR 2.1 is only slated for next-gen consoles and PCs, leaving the old-gen consoles such as Xbox One and PlayStation 4 out of the party.
The bugs causing problems in quests, gameplay, and FPS drops, are also being dealt with in the 1.61 patch. Some of the other prominent improvements and bug fixes are listed below:
- Night City NPCs will now carry umbrellas in various colors and shapes.
- Fixed the issue with temporary FPS drops when exiting menus.
- Fixed an issue where Cross Progression saves from the Xbox One family weren’t transferred to PC or PlayStation.
- Fixed an issue where after logging in to GOG on PlayStation, My Rewards section displayed an error.
- Fixed an issue where in specific circumstances Judy could disappear from the game while in her apartment.
- Fixed multiple instances of missing collisions that could result with player falling off the map.
- Corrected various floating or displaced objects on the map.
- Fixed an issue where cars could glitch after bumping into them.
- Fixed an issue where firing some weapons when falling could cancel fall damage.
Moreover, numerous quest-related and body-clipping issues were also mended. All the key points are stated above. However, we suggest reading the whole list of patch notes for a deeper analysis.
Cyberpunk 2077 will feel even crisper due to the fixes of minor yet annoying bugs. You can expect additional polishing in the quests, open world, visuals, gameplay, and even in the menu after the update is successfully integrated.
Cyberpunk 2077 has seen a big resurgence in its player base recently, partly due to the anime adaptation, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. However, the last few patches have made the game reach closer to its ideal state.
What are your thoughts about the new 1.61 patch for Cyberpunk 2077 fixing a bundle of issues and improving even more performance? Will you utilize the new FSR 2.1 for next-gen and PC platforms? Do let us know your opinions in the comments below.
Similar Reads: Palmer Luckey’s New VR Headset Will Kill You In Real Life If You Die In-Game
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍