- A new Need for Speed Rivals mod by the modder Brawltendo fully removes the 30 FPS limit from the title.
- The mod can allow users to enjoy the popular 2013 entry at a steady 60 FPS without any setbacks.
- It is available to download for free. The blog post by the modder goes into technical details for the mod.
Need for Speed Rivals was a successful venture by Electronic Arts but failed to live up to every expectation. One of the biggest criticisms the game faced was its 30 FPS limit, which hindered many loyal Need for Speed fans from getting into the entry. Regardless, the modder Brawltendo took the issue into their own hands and whipped up a mod that removes the 30 FPS limit from the game.
— Silent (@__silent_) November 29, 2023
The new Need for Speed Rivals mod slashes the 30 FPS limit from the game. In other words, users can finally play the popular NFS title at a steady 60 FPS without facing any major glitches in place. The entry can also be played at any other FPS above 30 for a smooth venture, including 120 or 144 FPS. We suggest visiting the official blog of Brawltendo for more technical tidbits about the mod. Also, it can be downloaded by visiting this GitHub link.
It is worth noting that there have been mods and tries in the past to remove the 30 FPS lock, but most would cause many issues in gameplay, most of which were related to physics. It is quite difficult to remove the 30 FPS limiter since it affects nearly everything in a game. However, the new mod does not end up messing up with anything else in the title, making it the best choice to remove the 30 FPS limit.
Other Interesting Reads:
- Payday 3 Update 1.0.2 Adds New Heists, Skills, Bug Fixes, And More.
- Cities: Skylines 2 Boss Says It “Just Might Not Be For You” In Response To Criticism.
- Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League Intro And Gameplay Has Leaked Online.
It might be the best time to check out one of the most successful Need for Speed titles for newcomers. Need for Speed Rivals was developed as a result of the collaboration between Criterion Games and Ghost Games under the publisher Electronic Arts. It was a debut title for Ghost Games and proved to be highly successful among critics and gamers alike. The award-winning game has since aged like fine cheese after a whole decade.
Need for Speed Rivals came out on November 15, 2013, for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍