- Silent Hill 2 remake developers have stated that communication is Konami’s job.
- Information regarding the project has been scarce since its initial announcement in October 2022.
- Konami has been consistently pushing out news for Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater.
Bloober Team, the studio responsible for developing the upcoming Silent Hill 2 remake, has commented on the lack of communication surrounding the project. In response to a tweet on X (formerly known as Twitter), the account stated, “Konami is the publisher of the game and communication is definitely part of their job” clearly implying that it can’t reveal any new information on its own.
Konami is the publisher of the game and communication is definitely part of their job
— Bloober Team (@BlooberTeam) November 21, 2023
The remake was initially announced in October 2022 during Konami’s transmission stream. It focused on the series’ future and revealed several entries in the franchise all at once. Since then, things have been unusually silent regarding the project with the publisher leaning heavily towards the marketing of another upcoming remake, Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater.
Related Content To Read Up On:
- Two Scrapped Monsters From Silent Hill 1999’s Game Code Have Been Datamined
- Backlash From Silent Hill 2 Merch Inspires Fans To Create Their Own Designs In Retaliation
- Former Series Dev Not Enthusiastic To Play The Upcoming Silent Hill 2 Remake
Ever since the initial reveal of Snake Eater at this year’s PlayStation Showcase in May, Konami has consistently revealed new information and screenshots about the game. Our first look at it involved images showcasing the jungle with modern graphics along with the recent reveal of in-engine footage, allowing us to get a taste of what’s to come in the near future.
On the other hand, being announced over half a year before Snake Eater, Konami has magnificently kept things in a fog regarding the Silent Hill 2 remake. With the handling of Ascension and its universal negative feedback from fans, the company has appeared to have already lost the community’s vote of confidence for the project and anything related to the franchise in particular.
That being said, with the publisher’s recent attempts at earning back the player’s trust and respecting game preservation, it may be too soon to right it off. At this point in time, we can only patiently wait for new details to surface.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍