- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 devs have accidentally confirmed PvP and PvE modes for the game. The reveal was deleted shortly after being uploaded on the official website for some time.
- The info was spotted by the popular Warhammer YouTuber Chapter Master Valrak. It is possible that the announcement was made early on the site, and we may hear more about the modes in a few days.
- Focus Entertainment will hold a livestream for many of its entries on August 30. It is expected that devs will officially confirm the PvP and PvP modes on the stream, along with other details.
- We suggest taking the rumors with a grain of salt, as the team has yet not affirmed the leaked image and details. It is expected to launch later this year on PC, Xbox Series S and Series S, and PS5.
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 is on the radar of many gamers, and anticipation around it is growing by the day. Despite newly revealed gameplay and details, a few important features remained unconfirmed for the longest time, including PvP elements. But a new premature update on the official website has finally satiated the community. However, Focus Entertainment quickly struck down the details and may reveal them officially soon.
The info was spotted by the notable Warhammer analyst and YouTuber Chapter Master Valrak. Valrak delves deeply into the disclosed PvP and PvE modes and analyzes the leaked image thoroughly. The deletion of the announcement likely hints towards an official reveal soon ― Focus Entertainment is slated to livestream more details on August 30, and the PvP and PvE modes could be confirmed in the segment.
Fight for glory with or against your friends. Continue the story of legendary Marine Lieutenant Titus in an exciting 3-player campaign or play as a solo marine in PvE and PvP modes,” reads the initially revealed announcement from Focus Entertainment.
Additionally, the Space Marine 2 fans were quick to take screenshots and secure the confirmation in various forums around the web despite the devs’ efforts to remove the details from the site. The image was also spotted by Rebs Gaming on X (formerly known as Twitter) and shared in a new tweet.
The Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 website was updated with this image before being deleted. It reveals PvE and PvP modes are coming to Space Marine 2. The image says: “Fight for glory with or against your friends. Continue the story of legendary ultramarine lieutenant Titus in a… pic.twitter.com/JgHEu8D9QB
— Rebs Gaming (@Mr_Rebs_) August 27, 2023
- Games Workshop Has 9 Warhammer Games In Development.
- Focus Entertainment Acquires “Isonzo” Developer, Blackhill Games.
- Focus Entertainment Will Acquire Dovetail Games.
The YouTuber confirms that “this is the first time that they’ve officially mentioned that it’s in the game.” Valrak and the Space Marine 2 fans were ecstatic after stumbling upon the now-deleted findings since there have been worries about what direction devs may take with the new and highly anticipated project. Valrak speculates that someone from the dev team was too hasty and uploaded the details on the website ahead of time.
Nevertheless, we suggest taking the rumors with a grain of salt, as Focus Entertainment has not come forward to confirm the surfaced image and details. Many prominent details regarding the Space Marine 2 PvP mode are still a mystery. Moreover, things like the total player count and potential PvP modes are currently hot topics in the community. We could see modes featuring 16v16 matches, or at the least, 12v12, as Valrak iterated.
Anything less may feel too small for the massive scope of the game. “The problem with 8v8 is that it just got very boring, and it didn’t feel like you’re in a big war. It’s just more like a little skirmish battle here and there, and when you have more players, you feel like you’re a part of that epic battle, that epic war,” said Valrak.
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 is slated to release on PC, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series S, and PlayStation 5. Its release date is currently unclear ― we know that the title will come out before the year ends, but an exact launch date might be confirmed by the devs in the upcoming event.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍