The fictional story of AC Valhalla revolves around a Viking called Eivor Varinsdottir, and it takes place during the Viking expansion of the British Isles. Since the game features in-depth gear customization, players have also been given the liberty to choose the game’s protagonist as a male or a female lead. Regardless of gender, a Viking remains headstrong and never allows others to insult them. However, AC Valhalla flyting activities are fun, Viking-rap-like challenges involving an opponent throwing insults on Eivor. Players are given options to respond to the abuses and beat opponents not by fist’s might but by rhythmatic and witty responses.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is the twelfth game in the long-running series of Assassin’s Creed games. Unlike the early games in the installment, AC Valhalla adopts RPG elements and blends this element very well into character gear and enemy health bar levels. There are also certain unique skills that unlock after you find the Book of Knowledge scattered throughout the map.
If you are new to the game and jumping into the PC version of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, you may want to toggle all the right options for high FPS. Additionally, it is not just about ticking all the boxes while browsing the display settings to expect better image quality. AC Valhalla is a GPU-intensive game and is the first in its franchise that uses DX12 API. So, for the best display, high fps, and excellent graphics quality, read our AC Valhalla PC Settings guide here.
AC Valhalla Flyting Locations, Opponents, and Answers
As mentioned earlier, players can expect a total of 16 flyting mini-games to encounter. You will come across Ruler of Asgard Thor, an arrogant silent monk, and many other NPCs eager to challenge Eivor for a flyte duel. We have mentioned here all the dialogues of opponents and the suitable answers you should give back to advance the flyting progression in the game.
Additionally, we have also mentioned locations just in case if you do not know where to go and begin exploring the flyting activities. The locations in our guide do not follow a particular order. You can approach and complete most of the flyting mini-games in whatever order you like.
In order to kick start your flyting experience in AC Valhalla, you need to visit Alvis, located in Ravensthorpe Settlement village. There are slim chances that you may have completed flyting duel with Alvis before in Norway. However, just in case if you have not, you need to do this back here in England. It is because when you leave Norway, Alvis goes with you. As a result, he does not spawn back there. So, to find this person of interest here is the location and an image of Alvis.
Moreover, even though flyting with Alvis duel does not count towards the region and mystery progression, he is still a crucial NPC if you want to unlock a trophy associated with flying activities.
- Alvis’ Words: So be careful when choosing the words that you say…
- Eivor’s Response: I recall what you’ve taught, ere I enter the fray.
- Alvis’ Words: If I tell you you’re foolish, and stupid, and dull…
- Eivor’s Response: Then I’ll tell you you’ve nothing inside of your skull.
- Alvis’ Words: I look eagerly forward to seeing how you fare…
- Eivor’s Response: I will flyt you with flourish and best you with flair!
You need to look for a Viking called Manning. Unlike Alvis, completing a flyting duel with him will count towards the region and mystery progression. Here is the location for you to find Manning and an image of the NPC as well.
- Manning’s Words: Have you ever seen muscles as massive as mine?
- Your Response: What you make up in muscles, you’re lacking in spine.
- Manning’s Words: More than strength, I can boast that my features are fair.
- Your Response: They seem perfectly placed to give children a scare.
- Manning’s Words: Have you ever met someone so witty and quick?
- Your Response: No, you’re quite like your arms: just incredibly thick.
The next duel takes place with an NPC called “Fergal the Faceless”. He does not come out of the shadows but continues to throw insults at Eivor from some hidden place. He is located inside a house that has a locked door. In order to keep the flyting dice rolling, all you need to do is reach the location as shown on the map’s image below and talk to an Anglo-Saxon lady. After interacting with her, you will receive the key to this nearby locked house’s door. Access it and advance your AC Valhalla flyting journey.
You have complete freedom to choose an answer during this flyting mini-game. Because no matter what response you go with, the outcomes will always be in your favor.
Jungulf is the next candidate Eivor will have a flyting duel. Just visit the location as shown in the map’s image, and you will encounter the NPC. Here is the list of correct responses you must select to win the Viking rap battle.
- Jungulf’s Words: I’ve sparred against champions and bested each one.
- Correct Response: O, to beat such a braggart will surely be fun.
- Jungulf’s Words: You’re a misfit, a half-wit, a foolish old grouse!
- Correct Response: You’re a weakling, a milksop, a cadger, a louse.
- Jungulf’s Words: I’m the greatest of flyers, a master of verse!
- Correct Response: Your pride is appalling, and your rhyming is worse.
After Jungulf, you may want to pay a visit to Chadwick, Monger Of Gossip. He is located in East Anglia; see the images here for reference.
- Chadwick’s Words: To all those whom I speak, they say Eivor’s a clod.
- Proper Response: Then you’re speaking to fools, and their knowledge is flawed.
- Chadwick’s Words: They say you’re a coward, who runs from a fight.
- Proper Response: And they’re sorely mistaken, I’m known for my might.
- Chadwick’s Words: Silent whispers all claim that you’re terribly dense.
- Proper Response: Then you’ve clearly misheard them, my wit is immense.
Hogg the Burly is the next AC Valhalla flyting contender who would dare to challenge Eivor for a flyting duel. Here are the series of answers you should give back to Hogg and beat him down in his game.
This Might Interest You: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Lokris Fort Guide
- Hogg’s Words: Would you battle a dragon? Then challenge me not!
- Eivor’s Response: O, you’re barely an insect, a fly that I’ll swat.
- Hogg’s Words: I’m possessed of a strength that would scare off a bear!
- Eivor’s Response: You’re possessed of a baldness that’s scared off your hair.
- Hogg’s Words: I’ve the heart of a lion, the loins of a horse.
- Eivor’s Response: You’ve the brain of a donkey, to challenge a Norse.
Next in the long line of flyting masters is Augusta the Cheerful. She can be found in Lunden. Here is the map’s image highlighting the location where you will find Augusta.
- Augusta’s Words: I stand here in awe at the charm of your face.
- The Response: You’re the picture of elegance, beauty and grace.
- Augusta’s Words: I was rapt with excitement when you came along.
- The Response: O, your valor’s the subject of story and song.
- Augusta’s Words: You’ve such a great talent for flyting and rhyme.
- The Response: It is truly a pleasure, my partner’s sublime.
If you’ve been enjoying the flyting so far, you’d love this one. Go to Cent at the location as shown in the map’s image here below. Once you are there, you will come across a monk, Acolyte Alvin, who has taken a vow of silence. Interestingly, he challenges Eivor to have a flyting competition. While he conveys his thoughts through gestures, his brother gives a voice and initiates the flyting duel. Here are all the correct responses you should give to win the competition.
- Brother Quiescis’ Words: But by proxy, I’ll call you a milksop and boor.
- Eivor’s Response: Though you speak through another, your flyting’s still poor.
- Brother Quiescis’: I’m devoted to flyts, though to silence avowed.
- Eivor’s Response: Though you choose to be quiet, your folly is loud.
- Brother Quiescis’: So a last parting phrase: you’re as dim as they come.
- Eivor’s Response: With such drivel to speak, I see why you keep mum.
Head over to Sciropescire, and you will come across another flyting wanna-be master called Ove the Scarred. This time when you give the correct responses and win the duel, you would have to fight with him as well. Here is the location where you can find this NPC.
- Ove’s Words: I am feared by all men, be they Northern or Saxon.
- Response: And your thick little skull’s fit for grinding my axe on.
- Ove’s Words: O, you think you can scare me? I am tougher than you!
- Response: Test your might against mine and we’ll see how you do.
- Ove’s Words: Let’s dispense with these poems, and have a real row.
- Response: If it’s fighting you want, I shall take you on now.
The next AC Valhalla flyting candidate is Lady Elette. She is not hard to find and can be easily spotted if you visit the location shown on the map here.
- Elette’s Words: My verses are known all across this great land…
- Right Response: For they put all who hear them to sleep.
- Elette’s Words: Yet I worry our skills are too deeply mismatched…
- Right Response: I’ll defeat you and banish all doubt.
- Elette’s Words: But instead I’ll persist ’til you beg me to stop…
- Right Response: Lend a salve, for your words make me ill.
Head over to Eurviscire and challenge Borghild The Alewife’s Bane. You can find her at the location shown here on the map.
Another Interesting Read: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Review
- Borghild’s Words: Your face is a wreck, you’re a blight on the Norse.
- Good Response: Your face brings to mind the arse-end of a horse.
- Borghild’s Words: You’re a pig-headed, ugly excuse for a Dane.
- Good Response: Now to look upon you leaves my eyes in great pain.
- Borghild’s Words: I’m a champion, a winner, I’ll claim the top prize!
- Good Response: You’ve drunk far too much ale, now, you’re just telling lies.
The next flyting opponent, Hertha The Very High, may sound intimidating, but you will beat her in the flyting duel with the right responses.
- Hertha’s Words: And those men who approach, I make fools of the all…
- The Response: The one fool that I see here is up on that wall.
- Hertha’s Words: And my height goes to show how above you I stand…
- TheResponse: Then enjoy while you can, a great fall is at hand.
- Hertha’s Words: What’s it like being tiny, an ant in the loam?
- The Response: What’s it like feigning hugeness? You’re naught but a gnome.
Head over to Snotinghamscire, and you will encounter Stigr The Amorous flyting opponent. He can be found at the location shown here below.
- Stigr’s Words: See, your weapon lies not in your belt, but your head.
- Eivor’s Response: With words I’ll ensnare you and put you to bed.
- Stigr’s Words: On your every word, I can say that I’m hung.
- Eivor’s Response: I’m as good with my lips as I am with my tongue.
- Stigr’s Words: But instead of just telling, I’ll happily show.
- Eivor’s Response: While I doubt you can take me, I’ll give you a go.
To progress the leveling up of Charisma, find Fenn The Wistful in Hamtunscire. He can be found at the location shown in the image.
- Opponent’s Words: Both your hands bear the blood of one thousand dead men…
- Eivor’s Response: One thousand’s a pittance, it’s closer to ten.
- Opponent’s Words: Is it worth it, the killing, the torture, the slaves?
- Eivor’s Response: Yes, I am ridding the world of cowards weaklings, and knaves.
- Opponent’s Words: You have one life to live, so why throw it away?
- Eivor’s Response: To ensure that O’ll sit in Valhalla one day.
The next AC Valhalla flyting opponent is the ruler of Asgard, Thor, himself. To find him, you need to go to the location shown on the map here.
- Thor’s Words: Cross the water and meet me, I’ll show you my might.
- The Right Response: O beware what you ask for, I will finish the fight.
- Thor’s Words: You’re the worst of the Aesir, a coddled old clod.
- The Right Response: I’m as wise as an owl, you’re a fool of a god.
- Thor’s Words: You’re a simpering graybeard who’ll soon meet his end.
- The Right Response: Well, your victory’s not what my visions portend.
You will be left with Ratatosk after having defeated all of the flyting opponents mentioned above. He can be found in Jotunheim.
Another Interesting Read: AC Valhalla: Wrath of the Druids Review
- Ratatosk’s Words: You’ll be slain and undone, by my cunning wit…
- Proper Response: I should like to see you try.
- Ratatosk’s Words: But they ought call me Knife-Tongue for words so sharp…
- Proper Response: They’re to dull to conquer me.
- Ratatosk’s Words: You’re a fat-headed fool, and a puny god!
- Proper Response: I grow weary of your squeak.
What is Flyting In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
As mentioned earlier, flyting is the Viking version of the rap battle. Your opponent opens up the dialogues in a rhythmatic flair, and you (Eivor) have to respond back with befitting words in a charming voice. Each reply you give to your opponent may or may not win the duel for you. However, you can always redo this mini-game if you lose the first time by not giving the right responses. In any case, we have compiled here a list of opponent’s openings and Eivor’s responses towards all 16 flyting challenges in AC Valhalla. If you go with the word’s choices we mentioned above, you will win the duels.
Additionally, you can place bets before initiating a flyting duel. You can bet for 100 silver as a starter or raise the stakes to 150 or 200 silver. The difficulty of rap-battle a.k.a flyting is unaffected by the higher or lower bet placement. However, you bag in double the wagered amount before triggering the duel if you win the bet. So, start your journey to becoming the most charismatic Viking by winning the flyting activities.
You may find this interesting: Best Assassins Creed Odyssey Builds
Once you complete all the flyting challenges/activities in the game, you will receive a trophy/achievement titled the “Slam Master”. Additionally, you will also reach level 6 of Charisma after completing all 16 flyting mini-games. Unlocking a higher level of Charisma gives you the freedom of making more choices/dialogues while interacting with NPCs during main quests and side missions.
That is pretty much everything you need to know about AC Valhalla flyting. Out of 16 such activities, which one did you find the most hilarious? For us, it was the thirteenth flyting mini-game; it gave us a good burst of laughter for a while. Let us know more of your thoughts in the comments section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍