We understand how frustrated you must be when encountering the Roblox Catalog Not Working Error. The Roblox Catalog helps you purchase new items, like accessories, clothing, and gear. It is essential to having a good Roblox Experience, and it is extremely annoying when it stops working.
- Roblox catalog not working error is when you can’t use the in-game catalog to purchase new items like gear or clothing.
- Many reasons, including a server outage, network issues, or corrupt game files, can cause this Roblox error.
- After verifying Roblox servers to confirm if there isn’t a global outage, try the following fixes:
- This issue mainly stems from network issues, so disable your VPN if you have activated one.
- You should also disable plugins/extensions from your browser, as third-party software might interfere with the game.
- When you search for an item in the catalog, try doing so with fewer tags.
- If all else fails, it’s time you reinstall the game.
- When nothing works, your best bet would be to contact Roblox support and be patient.
How to Fix Roblox Catalog Not Working
There are only a few reasons why you’re encountering this error. Hence, it is really not hard to solve either. Roblox is a very complicated platform that is bound to face bugs and glitches. So, do not worry, be patient and go through our comprehensive and detailed solutions.
Roblox Server Outage
One of the main possibilities of this error occurring is that there’s a server outage at Roblox. Finding and implementing solutions is useless if this is the case. Hence, we recommend checking for an outage as your first course of action.
However, unlike many major games, Roblox does not have a dedicated website that alerts users if they face an outage. You can either ask your friends or look for social media pages that discuss Roblox problems. Reddit posts are a popular choice.
Alternatively, there is third-party software that alerts users for any Roblox outages. We would recommend checking out Downdetector since because it is known to provide users with correct information.
If there is an outage, there really is not much you can do. Your best bet is to wait until the issue gets resolved. Roblox’s team of engineers is among the best in the world, so we are sure your issue will get resolved immediately if an outage is the reason.
Disable Your VPN
We know that privacy is an important factor when surfing the web. However, having a VPN enabled can always cause problems, especially in online games like Roblox. According to a verified answer from Roblox Dev Forums, having a VPN on can cause this particular error.
Disable your VPN, launch Roblox again, and see if it works. If it does, we have identified your problem. Perhaps using a different VPN would work and solve the Roblox catalog not working error.
Extensions increase the functionality of browsers. However, because they are generally made by third-party software, they can interfere with the everyday use of your browser. Extensions/plugins are infamous for causing problems with Roblox’s entire site or specific pages.
Disables extensions is a simple procedure. Although every browser is different, a general Chrome example is pasted below.
- Press Win, and search for Chrome.
- On the top right side, you will notice an icon for extensions. Press it.
- Press Manage Extensions.
- Press its options on the extensions you want to remove, and click on Remove from Chrome.
With these simple steps, you will have removed your extension. Simply relaunch Roblox, and check if the error is still there. If it is, move on to the next solution.
Use Fewer Tags
Roblox is infamous for not showing results when you search with many tags. So, we would suggest using a lower number of tags. To verify this is the problem, search for the “white” tag and check if any results appear. If they do, we have identified your problem.
Related Read: How to Fix Roblox Error Code 103.
If the problem persists after you implement all the above solutions, it might be time to reinstall the game. It is not uncommon for game files to get corrupted, which leads to malfunctions. By reinstalling the games, you would download a fresh set of game files, which would lead to fixing the problem.
Reinstalling Roblox involves a few simple steps.
- Press Win, and search for Control Panel.
- After that, search for Programs And Features.
- In the options, you will see the option for Uninstall a program. Click that.
- Now, navigate to Roblox, and right-click on it. Press Uninstall.
- You have successfully uninstalled Roblox. Now to reinstall it, click on this link.
- After that, click on any game. Clicking it will show a prompt on how to install Roblox. Simply click download and install, and Roblox will automatically configure and install on your PC.
Since reinstalling provides fresh game files, we are fairly certain that if the issue was at your end, it would have been resolved by now.
Contact Roblox Support
This is the final straw to solving the Roblox catalog not working error. If all the above solutions have not worked yet, contacting Roblox support might be your only option.
You can email them at info@Roblox.com, or contact them through their toll-free number 888-858-2569. We advise you to be patient since we know that waiting for a response can be frustrating.
Is Your Problem Resolved?
We have exhausted every possible solution to this error in this article and are quite positive that we helped you eliminate this error. If not, do let us know in the comments below.
If you liked our thorough and detailed work, we would recommend keeping up with our Error Fix Guides. We post about all the common problems faced by everyday users.
Roblox is a complex software that takes a lot of power to run. For it to run optimally, we advise you to close all other programs before running the game. You can do this via the Task Manager.
Orignally called the Brigand’s Sword, the ROBLOX Classic Brigand’s Sword is the oldest Roblox item. It was made available as a limited gear on May 5th, 2009.
- How To Fix Roblox’s Failed to Create Directory Error 3
- How to Get Presents In YBA Roblox
- Roblox Tower Heroes Codes
- How Fix Roblox Error Code 901
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍