God of War Ragnarok and its nine realms offer an enticing storyline with multiple chapters to get through, after which players can access a few locations on the map that were otherwise not available. Players might need help figuring out God of War Ragnarok How To Get To Sanctuary Grove since it does have quite a few prerequisites!
- The Sanctuary Grove is an end-game place that players are able to unlock and access towards the end of the game.
- Players need to complete all main missions before they can even think of unlocking the mystic gateway leading to the grove.
- An interaction with Ratatoskr will take place that will have players hitting a charm to progress further.
- A realm seed will be required in order to unlock the mystic gateway in the Sanctuary Grove.
- Sanctuary Grove is present in the Midgard area, which is one of the nine-realms that the God of War Ragnarok has to offer!
Unlocking Sanctuary Grove
Sanctuary Grove is located within the realm of Midgard, one of the nine realms accessible during the main storyline. To find it, go to Sindri’s house and locate the mystic gateway. From there, you can hover over the nine realms and select Midgard as your destination.
Once you exit the animation, the mystic gateway will deactivate, allowing you to freely explore Sanctuary Grove and its mysteries.
Talking To Bitter Squirrel
To reach Sanctuary Grove, follow these steps:
- After the mystic gateway deactivates, turn your camera around to face Sindri’s house, which should be a few feet in front of you.
- Head toward Sindri’s house, and after moving a short distance forward, pan your camera to the left.
- You’ll notice a side pathway with a wooden path on the ground and purple and blue patches of grass around the trees and the pathway. Follow this pathway.
- Continue down the path until you reach a giant tree.
- As you traverse this path, you’ll hear a bitter squirrel speaking to you. It will mention a bet and challenge you to hit a chime with your axe.
With these directions, you’ll find your way to Sanctuary Grove and encounter the bitter squirrel.
Chime On The Tree
To interact with the tree and charm in Sanctuary Grove:
- Approach the tree with several items on it.
- Use your axe in aim mode.
- Aim at the charm with a blue quest marker.
- Adjust your aim until it aligns with the charm’s diamond-shaped area.
- Throw your axe at the charm, creating a ringing sound.
- After hitting the charm, your axe will fall to the ground.
- A squirrel will appear from the tree.
This sequence allows you to complete the squirrel’s challenge in Sanctuary Grove.
Interacting With Ratatoskr
- Approach Ratatoskr in Sanctuary Grove.
- Kratos and Ratatoskr exchange greetings.
- Ratatoskr mentions that the explosion in Asgard scattered realm seeds and offers them to Kratos as a thank-you for saving him.
- Kratos accepts the realm seeds.
- This interaction is essential for players interested in God of War Ragnarok and reaching Sanctuary Grove.
Pouch Of Yggdrasil Seeds
Here are the steps to acquire the Pouch of Yggdrasil Seeds:
- After the conversation with Ratatoskr, pan your camera to the left and approach the blue mist near the mat’s edge.
- Get close to the black item on the mat.
- If there’s an active quest, you can interact with Ratatoskr first by pressing ‘O’ on your controller.
- Turn back and move towards the center of the mat.
- Interact with the black-blue pouch on the mat, and Kratos will pick it up.
- The pouch, known as the Pouch of Yggdrasil Seeds, will contain realm seeds, identified as a “key item.”
- These realm seeds are used to unlock mystic gateways across the nine realms, facilitating exploration and discovery of new areas.
This acquisition of the Pouch of Yggdrasil Seeds is significant for your journey in the game.
Heading Back To The Mystic Gateway
To access Sanctuary Grove using the mystic gateway:
- Obtain the Realm Seed.
- Turn your camera to the right, and head back to where the mystic gateway was located initially.
- Ignore Sindri’s house in the distance and follow the wooden pathway on the ground that was previously mentioned.
- Sprint down the pathway until you reach the mystic gateway.
- Interact with the gateway by pressing the O button on your controller.
- Kratos will assemble the scattered stones, forming the mystic gateway.
- You’ll see the nine realms you’ve visited during the main storyline, including Midgard.
- Hover over the Midgard area and press X to open the map and explore further.
- In the Midgard map, look for the Sanctuary Grove location marked by a red circle.
- Within the circle, you’ll see a green turtle symbol and an undiscovered mystic gateway icon toward the left edge.
- Hold down X to discover the gateway, turning it blue.
- Confirm your selection, and the mystic gateway will establish a pathway to Sanctuary Grove, allowing you to access the area.
Sanctuary Grove Area
To reach Sanctuary Grove:
- Enter the mystic gateway after assembling it.
- Proceed a few steps inside the gateway to reveal a white misty door.
- Pass through the misty door, and you’ll arrive in Sanctuary Grove, surrounded by snow.
- Follow the main stone pathway, which is not covered in snow but may be slippery.
- As you walk, Freya will ask if you’re returning to Chaurli, and Kratos will respond with a simple “yes.”
- Continue along the pathway, which will have a few tilting stones. Freya will express concern about Chaurli, and Kratos will reassure her with a “No.”
- Look to the left, and you’ll see a giant tree trunk blocking the snowy path. Freya will hop over it, and you can follow suit by having Kratos jump over the trunk.
- Keep following Freya along the snowy path, which features orange patches of grass and a tall, giant turtle sculpture if you look up.
- Eventually, you may hear Freya softly say, “Chaurli…” She’ll stand in front of the giant turtle sculpture and apologize to it for neglecting it.
This will guide you through the journey to Sanctuary Grove in God of War Ragnarok.
In Sanctuary Grove, you can collect a flower called Mirkweed. Here’s how to get it:
- Enter Sanctuary Grove through the mystic gateway and follow the snowy pathway downhill with Freya.
- Jump over the first dislodged branch blocking your path.
- Continue down the snowy pathway until you reach a point where Freya stands in front of a giant turtle sculpture and interacts with it.
- Beyond this point, you’ll see a shining item buried in the snow at the end of the path.
- Approach the item and press the triangle button on your controller to interact with it.
- Freya will pick up the item, which is the Mirkweed flower.
- This flower is part of the favor “Nine Realms in Bloom,” which involves finding flowers in all the realms.
Collecting the Mirkweed flower in Sanctuary Grove is one step closer to completing the Nine Realms in Bloom favor.
Last but not least, let’s briefly skim through the prerequisite objectives that players need to do in previous chapters in order to get to Sanctuary Grove.
In chapter one, the following objectives will be found.
|4||Return home with Atreus|
|6||Return home with Atreus|
|7||Follow Atreus into forest|
|8||Defeat THe Huntress|
|9||Follow Atreus Into the forest again|
In chapter two, these objectives can be found.
|1||Journey to Nidavellir|
|2||Explore the area|
|3||Boat to Durlin’s office|
|4||Exit Durlin’s office to the port|
|5||Reach the mind beyond the mountain|
|6||Reach the front of the train that is broken|
|8||Reach the front of the train that is broken|
|9||Fix the broken train|
|10||Ride the train towards the mines|
|11||Search the mines in search for Tyr|
|13||Exit the mines with Tyr|
|14||Escape through the mystic gateway|
As for chapter three, these objectives will be required to be beaten.
|1||Enter the mystic gateway|
|2||Speak to Jormungandr|
|3||Head back towards the mystic gateway|
|4||Speak to Freya|
Now when it comes to chapter four, these objectives can be found.
|1||Reach Groa’s shrine which is at the top of the temple|
|2||Descend the Light Well|
|4||Descend the light well|
|5||Make your way to the mystic gateway|
Moving onto chapter five, it will lead players further into knowing God of War Ragnarok How To Get To Sanctuary Grove with these objectives.
|1||Explore the Ironwood area with Angrboda|
|2||Meet Angrboda at the shrine area|
|3||Help Angrboda with the “giant stuff”|
|4||Follow Angrboda throughout the canyon area|
|5||Head back to Jalla|
|6||Investigate the hidden pathway|
|7||Clear the Wretches from the sinkhole|
|8||Climb back up towards the surface|
|9||Head home through the marshes|
|10||Free the wolf from Gryla’s grip|
|11||Free the wolf|
|13||Go back to Angrboda’s home|
|14||Explore the treehouse.|
As for chapter 6, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|1||Meet Brok at the gateway|
|2||Locate the source for the curse put on Freya|
|3||Speak to Freyr|
|4||Continue to seek the curse source|
|5||Defeat the forest ancient|
|6||Continue to find more info on the curse|
|7||Cross the valley in order to reach the watchtower|
|8||Find a way to cross the bridge that is broken|
|9||Press onward for the curse|
|12||Defeat the Nidhogg|
|13||Return to Freyr’s camp|
|15||Depart Freyr’s camp.|
To clear chapter 7, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|2||Investigate Freya’s abandoned house|
|3||Light a fire to help Chaurli|
|4||Follow the raven that belongs to Odin|
|5||Climb the wall|
|6||Follow Heimdall and go in order to meet Odin|
To complete chapter 8, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|1||Search for the Mask Fragment|
|2||Investigate the shrine of Surtr|
|3||Resume the search for the mask fragment|
|4||Go back to the quarters that belong to Atreus|
As for chapter 9, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|1||Travel to midgard|
|2||Find that wolves that are at the kennel|
|3||Open the gate|
|4||Follow the wolves toward the Norns|
|5||Continue tracking the Norns|
|6||Return to the wolves|
|7||Find the Norns that are the well of Urd|
|8||Defeat the Frost Phantom|
|9||Find the Norns again|
|10||Leave the Norns|
To complete chapter 10, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|1||Find a path toward the surface|
|2||Head to the forge with the help of Brok|
|3||Destroy the nightmare haunt|
|4||Ride the lift up|
|5||Repair the switch|
|6||Forge the weapon|
|7||Find a path downwards from the mountain.|
To clear chapter 11, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|1||Find the last mask fragment|
|2||Find a way back to Asgard|
|3||Find Odin and explain everything|
|4||Return back to Atreus’ quarters.|
To clear chapter 12, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|2||Find Garm in Helheim area|
|3||Pursue Garm further|
|7||Keep going after Garm|
|8||Return back tot the mystic gateway|
Moving on, for chapter 13, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|1||Find Skoll and hati|
|2||Recover the moon that is stolen|
|3||Go after the Einherjar Thief|
|4||Return back to Skoll and Hati|
|5||Return back to Freyr’s camp|
|6||Beat the two Dreki|
|7||Go back to the camp|
|8||Rescue Freyr from the Einherjar|
|11||Regroup with Freyr’s allies|
|12||Escape back from the prison|
As for chapter 14, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|1||Seek out Huginn in Midgard|
|2||Speak to the All-father|
|4||Go back to find the last mask fragment|
|5||Defeat the Frost Ancient|
|6||Finally, find the mask fragment|
Now onto the next one, for chapter 15, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|1||Hunt with Atreus|
|3||Return home and prepare for the war|
Moving on, to chapter 16, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|1||Reach the Surtr’s Forge|
|2||Defeat the flame phantom|
|3||Go towards the surtr’s forge|
|4||Approach the ashen man|
|5||Get rid of the Soul Eaters|
|6||Approach the ashen man again|
|8||Defeat the Hrist and Mist|
|9||Approach the spark of the world|
Lastly, as for chapter 17, the following are the objectives that need to be done.
|1||Get a bit of rest|
|3||Fight to reach the war machines|
|4||Protect the refugees|
|7||Get rid of Odin|
And there we have it, these are all the steps that players need to do in order to get to Sanctuary Grove, and with that, we will wrap up our God of War Ragnarok How To Get To Sanctuary Grove guide! For players completely new to the game, our God of War Ragnarok Walkthrough Wiki might be of excellent help since it includes links to all guides that players need to progress!
- God Of War Ragnarok Mission List
- God Of War Ragnarok Secrets
- God Of War Ragnarok Frozen Flames Locations
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍