To keep your Leviathan Axe in tip-top shape, you will need to collect Frozen Flames, which are used to upgrade the summoning weapon. Hence, today we will cover everything we know about How to get Frozen Flame in God of War Ragnarok.
All Frozen Flames In God Of War RagnarokThe developers have perfectly placed them within main story events so that the player upgrades the Leviathan Axe at a steady pace. With that said, let us now review the Six Frozen Flames that you can find in Ragnarok.
Here is a quick list of the locations and missions where you will find Frozen Flames in God of War Ragnarok.
|How to get
|Defeat this boss during the quest "Surviving Fimbulwinter' to get the first Frozen flame
|Visit Alfheim realm and defeat Alva boss during the quest "Groa’s Secret"
|Free Freya during the main story quest "The Reckoning", and eliminate this boss in Vanaheim
|Defeat this mini boss to get the fourth Frozen Flame during the "Reunion" quest
|Go to Muspelheim and eliminate the Flame Phantom boss during the quest "The Summoning"
|Visit Vanaheim to get the Sixth Flame by defeating this boss during the quest "Favor for Vanaheim"
|Eliminate the Cold Boss and the Sister of Illska in the Barrens during the quest "Secret of the Sands"
|Collect a total of six Frozen Sparks to aquire the final Frozen Flame.
Huntress BossThe first Frozen Flame can be found after beating the Huntress boss. The Huntress is a tough boss and has a different variety of attacks that you need to be wary of. Kratos and Atreus will face her during the ‘Surviving Fimbulwinter’ quest.
To beat the Huntress, you will need to take down her three bars of health. Her attack moveset includes Dual Arrow Shots, Stomp Attack, Explosive Arrows, and Rear Kick. After you defeat the Huntress in battle, her loot will hold the first Frozen Flame of the game.
Alva BossThe second Frozen Flame can be obtained inside the Alfheim realm after defeating Alva.
- Alva is a fast and challenging boss, particularly on higher difficulty settings.
- She has a substantial health bar (5 bars), so take your time during the battle rather than going all out, as aggressive tactics may result in significant health loss.
- Use the ‘R3’ button to lock onto Alva, as her rapid movements make the battle difficult without targeting.
- After defeating Alva, Kratos can acquire the Second Frozen Flame from her loot.
Nidhogg BossDuring the main quest of ‘The Reckoning’, there will come a point when you go through Vanaheim.
- Kratos aims to free Freya from her travel restrictions, which confine her to Midgard.
- Upon reaching the point where Kratos accomplishes this and defeats the Nidhogg boss, you’ll discover an Amulet and various loot items.
- Among these items, you’ll obtain the Third Frozen Flame in the game.
Hel-Traveler BossWhile navigating through Helheim during the ‘Reunion’ quest, there will come the point when Kratos runs into his first Hel-Traveler nemesis. You can consider the first Hel-Traveler as a mini-boss in God of War Ragnarok.
The Hel-Traveler yields a huge sword that is capable of inflicting significant damage on Kratos. However, if you utilize the best Combat Tips in God of War Ragnarok then you’d eventually beat the Hel-Traveler. From his dropped loot, you can pick up the Fourth Frozen Flame.
Flame Phantom BossTo get the Fifth Frozen Flame, you will be required to beat the Flame Phantom in Muspelheim.
- The Flame Phantom is a unique boss with an amorphous form and is encountered during ‘The Summoning’ quest.
- To defeat it, you’ll need to target its weak point and bring down 3 Runic Springs during the battle.
- After defeating the Flame Phantom, Kratos can collect the fifth Frozen Flame from the loot.
Crimson Dread Dragon BossAs you continue to progress the story, you will eventually face the mighty ‘Crimson Dread’ dragon. However, unlike the other bosses, the Crimson Dread does not appear during the main story quests.
- Access this fight by undertaking the ‘For Vanaheim!’ favor.
- After Birgir’s sacrifice in Vanaheim during the final parts of the game, you can initiate the ‘For Vanaheim’ favor, following the completion of the ‘Scent of Survival’ quest.
- Defeating the Crimson Dread dragon as part of this favor will reward you with another Frozen Flame.
Svipdagr The Cold BossThe Seventh Frozen Flame can be acquired after defeating the Svipdagr the Cold boss along with the two Sisters in Alfheim’s Barren area.
- To access the Barrens, complete the ‘Secret of the Sands’ favor.
- Reach the Berserker Gravestone in the Barrens and interact with it to start the battle against Svipdagr The Cold and the Sister of Illska.
- This battle is challenging, as the Sisters can use projectiles and float in the air.
- Defeat them with Freya’s help to obtain the Seventh Frozen Flame.
Frozen SparksTo obtain the Last Frozen Flame and upgrade the Leviathan Axe to its final level in God of War Ragnarok, you’ll need six Frozen Sparks to create the Eighth Frozen Flame. To obtain these Sparks, you must close Hel-Tears scattered across the map.
Hel-Tears appear as Blue Tears in mid-air in various locations. When you approach them, you can interact with them by pressing ‘Square,’ triggering waves of enemies.
- The First Hel-Tear is found in Sindri’s House during ‘The Reunion’ quest.
- The Second Hel-Tear is in the Gleaming Bale area of Helheim during ‘The Reunion’ quest.
- The Third Hel-Tear is located in Svartalfheim, specifically in the Aurvangar Wetlands area.
- The Fourth Hel-Tear is in Alfheim, in The Strond area.
- In Vanaheim’s The Southern Wilds area, find the Fifth Hel-Tear near the Veiled Passage.
- The Last Hel-Tear is in Midgard, specifically in the Well of Urd.
After closing all six Hel-Tears as mentioned above, you will collect six Frozen Sparks. Combine the six Frozen Sparks to create the Eighth Frozen Flame. With the Eighth Frozen Flame in hand, you can upgrade Kratos’ Leviathan Axe to Level 9, making it the final level for this weapon.
How To Upgrade The Leviathan Axe?Since we covered everything there is to know about Frozen Flame in the game, and we will now teach you How You Can Upgrade the Leviathan Axe. Upgrades can only be done in Sindri’s or Brok’s workshop.
In their workshop, pick the ‘Weapons’ tab and choose ‘Leviathan Axe’. Once you click on it, another sub-menu will open up. Choose the axe once again and then hold down ‘Square’ to upgrade it. Each upgrade will cost you One Frozen Flame. Hence, to level up your Leviathan Axe’s Strength and Damage it is essential to keep an eye out for the Frozen Flames in God of War Ragnarok.
With that, we reached the end of our extensive guide, which covered everything we knew about the Frozen Flame in God of War Ragnarok. Not only that, but we also included a brief section that taught you how to upgrade Kratos’ Leviathan Axe. By obtaining the Frozen Flames in the game, you will be able to increase the strength and damage of your weapon.
We hope you enjoyed reading through our informative guide. For more God of War Ragnarok guides, make sure to stick around at eXputer.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍