God of War Ragnarok’s fans may be curious about which controller-related settings they should modify before starting their journey. We have prepared this guide to inform you of the BEST controller settings for God Of War: Ragnarok.
- God Of War Ragnarok makes the best use of DualSense Edge’s features and provides a plethora of accessibility features utilizing the controller.
- The most basic thing is your joystick sensitivity and that depends from player to player so it varies for everyone. However, high sensitivity is mostly preferred.
- Next, you should definitely make use of the Touchpad shortcuts as well and this feature also works on the PS4 controller. You can map actions like Shield Strike, Quick Turn, and HUD Control to the Touchpad.
- God Of War Ragnarok also makes use of Gyro Aiming and that is a huge addition as it allows for precision aiming using the Leviathan Axe and Spartan Blades.
- You can also remap all controls to your liking in the game.
- Lastly, accessibility options like Travel Assist and Auto Pickup should be turned on so that you don’t continuously have to press different controller buttons for performing these actions.
BEST Controller Settings
These settings are basic toggles that can be changed from the setting menu at any given time. It is recommended to modify these settings first in order to make your experience unique and potentially better than others. Here we will be listing all the controller-related settings which we consider to be the best.
Touch Pad Button – Left/ RightPlayers can find these settings in the Gameplay section under the “Touch Pad Shortcut” heading. This setting is set to “Left/Right” by default, and we will recommend keeping it that way.
By pressing the left side of the Touch pad, you will be able to access the map. By pressing the right side of the Touch pad, you will go to the weapons menu.
Aside from this, players can also use the Touch pad as a shortcut for certain actions in the game. We will recommend selecting these options.
- Swipe Up – Shield Strike
- Swipe Right – HUD toggle
- Swipe Down – Quick Turn
- Swipe Left – Navigation Assist
Camera SettingsThese settings will determine just how quickly you will be able to move the camera. Players can find these settings in the “Graphics& Camera” section. We consider these to be the best camera settings for the game.
- Horizontal Rotation Speed – Max/ 10
- Vertical Rotation Speed – Max/ 10
- Aim Horizontal Sensitivity – Max/ 10
- Ain Vertical Sensitivity – Max/ 10
The reason why we are recommending keeping all these camera settings at maximum is that you want to be able to move your camera as quickly as possible when facing hordes of enemies. If you feel like the maximum settings are too fast for you, then keeping these setting options at 8 is also a good alternative.
Motion ReductionThese settings can also be found in the “Graphics& Camera” section as well.
- Ambient Camera Sway – Off/0
- Camera Shake – Max/10
The Ambient Camera Sway option sets the intensity of slow, handheld and other looping camera moments that players experience while traversing. We prefer having these settings off.
As for the Camera Shake, we prefer keeping it at maximum because it can make the combat section of the game feel a lot more grand and epic. This option modifies the intensity of sudden camera moments.
Motion Sensor Function Aiming – Off
These settings will allow the players to control the camera while aiming with the movement of their controller. We will recommend keeping these settings off if you like to move your hands around during intense moments. The last thing you need is to mess up your aiming with the sudden movement of your hands during intense moments like facing bosses or hordes of enemies.
Controller RemappingIn this setting section, keep every setting at the default, as the developers have done an outstanding job in properly optimizing every mechanic and action in God Of War: Ragnarok with the layout of the PlayStation controller.
However, we will recommend enabling the “Quick Turn” option as it can aid you a lot in the combat sections since you will have to option instantly turn to your back at any time, which makes keeping track of enemies a lot easier.
After 2018’s God Of War exceeded all expectations and became one of the great games ever made. Fans were curious to see just God Of War: Ragnarok would innovate on this already well-established formula.
That concludes our guide on the BEST controller settings for God Of War: Ragnarok. Here we have listed every controller-related setting that we would recommend modifying to make your experience better and more immersive.
In this guide, we have only covered controller-related settings; we have a separate guide prepared for every other setting in the game, so consider reading our God Of War Ragnarok BEST Settings guide in case you are interested.
We hope our guide helped you out, and the game is currently available exclusively on PS4 and PS5. Do let us know what you think about the game in the comment section below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍