Have you grown tired of using the same name in Valorant and are now looking for a breath of fresh air? You’d be surprised to find out how easy it is to change your name in Valorant. You don’t even have to pay anything to do this, unlike Riot’s League of Legends. The latter is where you have to buy an exclusive “Summoner Name Change” item by using either in-game currency or purchasing the required amount for $10.
Related: Valorant Tier List
In Valorant, all that’s needed to do to change the name is follow a bunch of steps and you’ll be golden. The developer of the hero-based shooter—Riot Games—took to its own blog page a while back to proclaim that it doesn’t want to be defined by the company that created League of Legends.
That is why it decided to implement a new account system that would prompt most users to change their usernames. This would also go on to rebrand the company as the “bunch of games” publisher rather than just being known by an entity that gave birth to the famous free MOBA.
More From Exputer: Games Like Valorant
Changing your username, therefore, is a fairly simple procedure already laid out by the developer. Whether you’re experiencing an issue with your account or just do not like the way you’re known in Valorant anymore, knowing how to change Valorant name can definitely help you out without breaking a sweat.
In this article, therefore, we’re going to pen down easy-to-follow steps that’ll walk you through the process of changing your name in Valorant. Let’s dive right in without any further ado.
- Your Valorant name might not be the only element that needs changing. Learn how to sport the best Valorant settings in this maximum FPS optimization guide.
How to Change Your Valorant Name
Now to get more specific on the topic, your name is actually classified as particularly “Riot ID” in Valorant. The same goes out for all other games developed by Riot Games, including League of Legends and another lesser-known multiplayer IP called Teamfight Tactics.
More From Exputer: Best Valorant Crosshair Settings
Therefore, changing your Riot ID affects your Valorant name and League of Legends alike, although the Summoner Name in the latter stays unaffected and can be changed in-game. The following steps are going to illustrate how to change your Riot ID effortlessly.
- The first step is to log into the desktop client of Riot Games. You can do that easily by clicking on this direct link and heading straight to the official website.
- Once you’re there, fill in your credentials and log into the client. We’re going to choose Google here for a reference purpose and to illustrate the process ahead.
3. The next step is to click on the “Riot ID” section on the column to the left of the Riot Account Management screen. The following screenshot specifies what to select.
4. Doing so will take you to the “Riot ID” area, painlessly allowing you to change your Valorant name. Now, it’s worth noting that this section will comprise two different bars: “Riot ID” itself and “Tagline.” The former will be your in-game name that we’re actually here for. The character limit for your Riot ID is 16 characters and no more. On the other hand, the Tagline is a special hashtag that is used to differentiate between other users and you. It can be any alphanumeric character, including symbols, digits, and letters. When you’ve made the necessary changes to both Riot ID and Tagline, click on “Save Changes” to finalize the process.
- Do make sure that you’re entering your new Riot ID carefully. You won’t be able to change your Valorant name again for at least 30 days, so double-check your decision before moving forward with it.
That’s all about changing your name in Valorant! After clicking on “Save Changes,” the effects had have been applied and you’d no longer be using your former name anymore. If you’re after more important tips and tricks about Valorant, consider checking out Shroud’s Valorant settings – a former professional esports player who’s still making it rain on multiple platforms.