Like a Dragon Gaiden has a lot of different mini-games scattered around the map. Like every past Like a Dragon game, this one has a lot of interesting mini-games present in Sotenbori. Most of the old as well as some new mini-games make an appearance in Kiryus adventure. There are a total of 12 Like A Dragon Gaiden Minigames that have been discovered up till now.
All 12 Mini-games in Like A Dragon Gaiden
Here are a few of the best mini-games one can play in Like a Dragon Gaiden:
|Mahjong||Riichi Tower, Mahjong||-|
|Shogi||Near Akame's Hideout||Free|
|Pool||Kiss Shot Billards||-|
|Golf||Yokobori Golf Center||1000 yen|
|Karaoke||New Bar, Momoko||1000 yen|
|Cabaret Club||Club Heavenly||10000 yen|
|Gambler's Hall||Yatsudera Gambling Hall||-|
|Casino||Casino At the Castle||-|
|Darts||Coliseum Lobby||200 yen|
|Arcade||Club SEGA Sotenbori||100 yen|
|Coliseum||End Of The Road At The Castle||-|
|Pocket Circuit||Courstar Building||-|
1. MahjongThe Mahjong mini-game is all about forming hands to gain points and ultimately win. Mahjong is quite time-consuming to learn and play. But once you get a hold of it, it can be highly rewarding. You can select your difficulty level and enter Mahjong tournaments as well.
- Location: It can be found inside Riichi Tower, Mahjong. Underneath the cafe, you shall see a bar, go there to play the minigame.
2. ShogiOne of the Like A Dragon Gaiden Minigames is Shogi, which is quite similar to chess. The main goal of shogi is to check the opponent’s king and end up winning. Each piece has a unique movement. Therefore, you will have to play shogi a couple of times before you can get a hold of it.
- Location: It is located right around the corner from the Akames hideout towards the south of the map.
- Cost: Free.
3. PoolThe pool has loads of different modes, such as the regular pool, eight ball, and the one-shot challenge. There are a lot of various difficulty modes to choose from; therefore, it does get quite difficult. You also get aim assist that helps you confirm your shots.
- Location: The pool minigame is located inside the Kiss Shot Billards and Bar building. Upon entering, you will see the table placed in the center of the room.
4. GolfLike other minigames, Golf has different modes as well, such as bingo and closest to the pin. In the latter, whoever reaches the closest to the pin with one shot is victorious. In bingo, you hit the ball toward a grid, hoping to knock out the number that is placed in a bingo formation. One thing to remember is that when you are about to hit the ball, make sure to get the red part of the meter so that you get a clean strike of the ball.
- Location: Golf is located at the Yokobori Golf Center in the northwest of Sotenbori.
- Cost: 1000 Yen.
5. KaraokeThe karaoke minigame is quite fun to play. All you have to do is hit the correct buttons right on time. If you do exceptionally well, a cutscene will play during the song. There are multiple songs that you can play in Like a Dragon Gaiden!
- Location: It is located inside the new bar, Momoko.
- Cost: 1000 Yen to play, but you can play for an unlimited amount of time.
6. Cabaret ClubThe cabaret club has a lot of different girls with different personalities and lifestyles. In the minigame, you have to approach a few of them, interact with them, and eventually get their affection level to rise. Cabaret Club is hard to miss since you have to go here as part of the game’s story itself.
- Location: Located inside of the Club Heavenly.
- Cost: 10,000 Yen to interact with one of the girls.
7. Gambler’s HallGamblers Hall has two different mini-games one can play, Koi Koi and Oicho-Kabu. They both are card games and can be quite difficult to understand. Therefore, it is best that you play them multiple times, and slowly but surely, you will get to understand them more. Koi Koi is a matching game, and Oicho-Kabu is another variation of blackjack.
- Location: Koi Koi and Oicho Kabu are located right next to each other inside the Yatsudera Gambling Hall.
8. CasinoThe casino has two mini-games inside, regular Poker and Blackjack. If you are well-known for casino games, playing these will be super easy for you. These games are quite helpful if you want to try your luck and get some extra yen for yourself.
- Location: These games are located inside a Casino at the castle.
9. DartsDarts mini-game has a lot of different game modes. You can play these game modes solo or with a teammate. Make sure you keep the marker steady and time the throw right to get good scores.
- Location: The dart mini-game is located inside the coliseum lobby near the reception doors.
- Cost: 200 Yen.
10. ArcadeIn Like a Dragon Gaiden, you can also play some classic minigames in the arcade. The mini-games that you indulge yourself in are Virtual Fighter 2, Motor Raid, UFO Catcher, Crane games, and Fighting Vipers 2. All of the mini-games have difficulty levels that you can change following your preference.
- Location: The arcade with multiple mini-games is located inside Club SEGA Sotenbori.
- Cost: 100 Yen.
11. ColiseumThe Coliseum is a competitive fighting pit in Like a Dragon Gaiden. You start in the bronze league and can move up to platinum rank. Throughout the storyline, you visit the Coliseum multiple times. It is quite fun and challenging.
- Location: The coliseum is located at the end of the road at the castle. To get yourself registered to fight, you have to make your way up to the Coliseum reception and talk to the receptionist.
12. Pocket CircuitIn the pocket circuit, you have to upgrade your cars in multiple ways and get them adjusted according to the track layout. After you have done all of this, you get to compete in races. The pocket circuit is quite time-consuming, but it is a fan favorite for sure.
- Location: The pocket circuit is located at the courstar building. To get yourself registered for a race, just talk to Ran.
My Thoughts About The Mini-games In Like A Dragon Gaiden
All of the mini-games are quite fun and exciting to play and you can even get some extra yen in the process! My personal favorite mini-game is the Coliseum. The rewards you can gather from winning are just obscene. Overall, all the mini-games are definitely a must-play at least once.
Furthermore, for more on Like A Dragon Gaiden, you should check out Asad Ahmed’s thoughts in our Like A Dragon Gaiden Review.
And with that, my guide on Like A Dragon Gaiden Minigames comes to an end. Here, you were informed on all 12 minigames of Like A Dragon Gaiden, along with their locations. Other than that, if you have something to add, you can do so through the comment section down below.
- Like a Dragon Gaiden: Flying Takoyaki
- Like A Dragon Gaiden: Total Chapters
- Like a Dragon Gaiden: Akame Points
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍