Overwatch 2 is free-to-play (unlike its prequel) and released on multi-platforms. However, Overwatch 2 has left some fans of Valve’s handheld console: Steam Deck, with the question, “Can you play Overwatch 2 on Steam Deck?”. Simply put: Yes, the game can be played on Steam Deck, and the process is as easy as a piece of cake, but it may sound a bit complicated. That is why our step-by-step guide will help you how to access the game on your new Steam Deck.
- Overwatch 2 is a free-to-play multiplayer game recently released on multiple platforms.
- It is possible to play Overwatch 2 on Steam Deck, a handheld console made by Valve, but it requires a few additional steps.
- To play Overwatch 2 on Steam Deck, you must install the Battle.net Launcher and add it to your Steam Library using specific compatibility settings.
- Then, you can download Overwatch 2 and add it to your Steam Library.
- Although the process may seem complex, following the steps carefully should allow you to play Overwatch 2 on your Steam Deck without any problems.
Some major Overwatch 2 changes are the multiplayer experience, new maps, and new heroes. If you want to learn about the changes from the first game to Overwatch 2, consider watching the video:
How To Play Overwatch 2 On Steam Deck
Overwatch 2 developers disclosed that it does not run kernel-level anti-cheat tools, which is the reason you can play the game on Steam Deck.
That being said, you do not have to install any other Operating System and mess up your Steam Deck to play the game. The process is rather simple, install the Battle.net Launcher, download the game, and make it an addition to your Steam Library.
Don’t know how to install the Battle.net Launcher? Well, let’s dive in further to a step-by-step guide.
How To Install Battle.net Launcher
It might sound exhausting to install additional launchers on your Steam Deck, but it’s surprisingly easy. So, here is the step-by-step guide:
- Begin your journey by entering the “Desktop Mode” on your Steam Deck
- Run the browser of your choice
- Visit Blizzard’s Official website
- Download the Battle.net Launcher
- Now simply run the Steam
- Press on “Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library” on Steam
- Find the Battle.net .exe file on the default downloads location or the manually saved location
- Right after adding it to the Steam Library, right-click on the .exe file and head to the “Properties.”
- Find and click on “Compatibility.”
- After that, Click on “Force use of Specific Steam Play Compatibility Tool.”
- Now, select any 2 protocols, “Proton Experimental” or “GE-Proton7-10.”
- Run the .exe and go through the setup process
- Then again, click on “Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.”
- Proceed through “/home/deck/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/compatdata”
- After reaching there, find the “pfx” folder, and open it.
- Again, proceed through “pfx/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net” and add the Launcher to your Steam Library
- Download Overwatch 2, and make it an addition to your Steam Library.
- Enjoy the game!
Though, This might look a bit complicated but trust the process and follow the instructions. It’s as easy as a piece of cake, and it just might take a bit of time.
That’s it for our guide on How To Play the game on your Steam Deck. We hope you find this helpful. If any problems arise, you can always ask in the comments section down below.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍