Escape From Tarkov is crazily good, but whenever you play it. The game crashes, and you are continually giggling at how poor the game runs. I mean don’t get me wrong, the game is extraordinary, and maybe a standout amongst other FPS games around. But the performance in Escape From Tarkov is poor, and perhaps the worst these days. The game does remind me of Earlier DayZ and PUBG days when both of the games made good hardware look like crap. Anyway, back to talking about best tarkov settings, here are my thoughts.
I think the primary reason why Escape From Tarkov runs so inadequately is that the game is still in closed Beta. This is also the reason why the game is not available on Steam because then the developers will have to deal with a lot of refunds. Along with that, the game’s reputation will be badly affected.
Anyhow, if you are an Escape From Tarkov fan, and want to have a flawless experience. I can tell you that you have to come to the right place. In this guide, we’ll go through some in-depth methods that are going to guaranty High FPS and Stable Performance. These settings are completely safe and do not hesitate to follow them. In addition, these tarkov settings will not only help you get High FPS in Escape From Tarkov. But, they will also work like a charm with other games. Last but not least, it’ll take your Windows 10 speed and responsiveness to the next level.
Make Sure Your System Specs Are Above the Minimum System Requirements
- CPU: Dual-core processor 2.4 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo, i3), 2.6 GHz (AMD Athlon, Phenom II)
- RAM: 6 GB
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64 Bit)
- VIDEO CARD: DX11 compatible graphics card with 1 GB memory
- PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
- VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
- SOUND CARD: Yes
- FREE DISK SPACE: 8 GB
- DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 1 GB
Create A Restore Point
Firstly, create a Restore Point. This is necessary, because often readers mess with the wrong settings, and then they are too confused to know what went wrong. Therefore, it is really important to create a Restore Point, and if something goes wrong. You can always fall back on it.
- Open Start > Type Create a Restore Point
- Now Click on Create
- Afterward, give it any name, and you are done.
Update Windows 10
Updating your Windows to the latest version is an essential part of this guide. Not only will you get the latest features, but you will also enjoy the full potential of your hardware. Along with that, each Windows 10 Update provides better support for hardware and thus giving you better performance. Folks at Microsoft are always looking for ways to improve the operating system.
- Open Search > Type Check For Updates.
- Afterward, click on Check for Updates and if you new updates were available. You can download them and later install them. I’ve some updates left to be installed, and you can see there are updates of all sorts, that are very vital.
Enable Game Mode
Game Mode is a feature within Windows 10, that is aimed to provide 100% performance for Gamers. The way it operates is quite simple. All it does is that it changes the priority of the game from low to high. On top of that, it also closes down all the unnecessary applications from the background. These Applications squeeze a percentage of power from your hardware and cause instability while playing Escape From Tarkov.
- Open Start > Search Game Mode.
- Drag to Enable Game Mode and you are all set.
Remove Focus Assist
How many times have you noticed that while you are in the middle of loot or fight, there is a Game Notification at the bottom of the screen asking you that recording has begun, or a screenshot has been taken.
Well, these settings are part of Game Bar, and they are these fancy features that you do not need. Screen Recording or Screenshots are automatically taken, because of some of keybind that you never set. In addition to disturbance, the notifications also have a negative impact on your performance, because they pile up in the Task Center.
Other than Game Notifications, you also hear the sounds of other notifications like emails, Facebook replies, WhatsApp messages, and many more. These ones are part of Focus Assist, and they are no good either.
- Open Search > Type and Click Game Bar Setting.
- Disable Everything In-Game Bar and Captures Tab. Do not go on to disable Game Mode, pay attention.
- Go To Start Once Again and Search for Focus Assist.
- You can completely turn it off, which is what I recommend. However, if you work from home and want to keep up with notifications and emails. You can set specific times, or work with when I’m playing a game setting.
Enable Ultimate Performance
While playing Escape From Tarkov, you always want 100% from your Hardware right? Well, this feature will do exactly as are thinking right now. The Ultimate Performance plan removes all the power threshold and allows your PC to work at Maximum Speeds. This can significantly improve FPS in Escape From Tarkov. On top of that, it’ll take the speed of your Windows 10 to next level. The feature is not available by default, so you have to go through some beginners level prompt coding, and enable it.
- Open Start > Search For Command Prompt > Open it with Administrator Privileges
- In Command Prompt, Copy and Paste the code given below.
powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02 -d5df -448d -aa00 -03f14749eb61
Sometimes, there is an invalid perimeter error in Command Prompt, but don’t worry we have an alternative.
- Open Search Again > Type “Windows PowerShell”.
- Paste The Same Code in Windows PowerShell.
Clean Up Your Escape From Tarkov Disk
In order to get high fps and stable performance. We must ensure that there are no temp, virus-infected, or trash files in our SSD/Harddrive. These files can impact your performance, and they also occupy useless space. Also, make sure your Escape From Tarkov is installed in your SSD.
- Open Start > Type Run.
- Under Run, Write down “%temp%” without quotations and click ok.
- Now Click on Control + A on your keyboard > right click any file > delete.
After this step, we will now move on to Disk Cleanup which is as important as this one. Doing these steps will clean our drives from corrupt and waste files that aren’t any good.
- Open My Computer > Right Click The Drive where Escape From Tarkov Is Installed.
- Afterward, Click on Disk Cleanup and You will have several things to clean up. Make sure you are reading each tab, by clicking on their warnings. For example, here is the Downloads Tab that has 23.5GB worth of data. I won’t clean this up, because there are important files and they might be deleted. Your focus should be on cleaning all the leftover files that are like reports, crashes, and debugs.
Set High Graphics Priority For Escape From Tarkov
Through Game Mode, you can actually ensure that the Priority for the game is high. Therefore, the game can squeeze more performance out of the CPU. In the same vein, there is Graphics Setting in Windows 10 that is kind of aimed at gamers. Through Graphics Profile, you can set high graphics priority for that game. Afterward, the graphics card is also set on high priority and can give its 100% output to the game.
- Open Start > Type Graphics Settings.
- Now Click on Browse and Find wherever your Escape From Tarkov Is Installed. .
- After clicking on the application, you will get the option to choose the application’s graphics preference. Select High Performance and click on save.
Background Application and Services
We can further Optimize Escape From Tarkov by disabling unnecessary Applications and Services.
While playing any game, you should make sure that the game application is taking full use of the CPU, Memory, and Graphics Card. Subsequently, if there are any unnecessary applications or services taking a margin of power. This would create instability and you will never get consistent performances.
In this method, we’ll ensure that all these unnecessary applications and services are disabled. Just to clarify, these applications and services start alongside your PC. Therefore, you never notice them.
- Open Search > Type Run > Under Run, write msconfig and click ok.
- In Services Tab, checkmark “Hide All Microsoft Services”, because we don’t want to disable the important ones.
- Now go through each of them and disable the ones you feel are irrelevant and from third-party applications.
- Once done, head over to the startup tab. Under Startup, disable all the applications with High and Medium Priority.
Now that we are done, you shouldn’t worry about any application or service running in the background while playing Escape From Tarkov. Further, the bonus feature of these changes is that it’ll also improve your Windows 10 Speed and Increase boot times significantly.
Enhance Default Animations
Once again, we can further Optimize Escape From Trakov by disabling these unnecessary Animations that have a negative impact on our PC. These animations are enabled by default and feature some eye-catching visuals that are unnecessary. In order to get High FPS in Escape From Tarkov. Settings like these have to be disabled, so we can be confident that no extra feature is having an impact on our performance
- Head over to start > Type Advanced System Settings.
- Now Click on Settings Under Performance Tab > Visuals. Under Visuals, Select Custom, and only enable the ones like the picture.
- Don’t forget to hit Apply and click on ok after you make changes.
Hardware Acceleration is this another useless feature that is enabled within most Applications. The feature allows the Application to operate more efficiently by unloading its resources in a different manner. Likewise, this sort of behavior requires Power to Operate. As a result of this, a percentage of our hardware is always being used and can cause serious performance issues in any game.
Just to clarify, I said useless, because applications like Discord won’t perform any differently with the feature enabled.
- Open Discord > Settings > Apparence > Scroll Down > Disable Hardware Acceleration and Restart Discord.
- Open Google Chrome > Settings > Advanced > System > Disable Hardware Acceleration.
In order to High FPS and Best Performance in Escape From Tarkov. It is imperative, that you disable Hardware Acceleration from every place and ensure no external feature is squeezing power out of your PC.
Disable Enhance Pointer Precision
This feature acts in a similar way like Hardware Acceleration. But this has a dark side to it. When Enhance Pointer Precision is enabled, the DPI always changes and while playing Escape From Tarkov. You will never get better at the game because there is no way you can record that mouse’s muscle memory. The feature also has a negative impact on your performance, because it is always taking a chunk of power to change its speed. Disabling this will not only improve your FPS in Escape from Tarkov. But it’ll also help you become more consistent at the game.
- Go To Start > Search and Open Mouse Settings.
- Click on Additional Mouse Options.
- Afterward, Proceed to Pointer Options and Uncheck “Enhance Pointer Precision” Under Motion. Don’t forget to hit apply and ok after you make changes.
Adjusting to the new setting won’t be easy. But as you play more and more Escape From Tarkov. The settings will grow on you and you will become twice the player you were.
Disable Full-Screen Optimization
Disabling Full-Screen Optimization for your Escape From Tarkov Application can also significantly boost FPS. This feature isn’t entirely useless, but you don’t want it enabled for games. Full-Screen Optimizations forces the game to utilize the whole screen and thus it plays in a weird hybrid mode. Although, Microsoft says that Games will run better when enabled, but everyone who has done benchmarks found out that it has a huge negative impact on performance.
When disabled, you will be experiencing the exclusive fullscreen which is better. The exclusive fullscreen allows you to minimize the game quickly. On top of that, it also improves performance and does not mess with settings. Here is how you can disable it.
- Locate your Escape From Tarkov Application. Usually, it is located under, Disk C > Battlestate Games > EFT (live).
- Afterward, Right Click EscapeFromTarkov Application, and proceed to the compatibility tab. Now Disable Full-Screen Optimization, hit apply, and click on Change High DPI Settings.
- Now Tick Override high DPI Scaling Behaviour and select Application in Scaling Performed by
Nvidia Settings for Escape from Tarkov
You can further Optimize Escape From Tarkov by configuring the Nvidia Control Panel Settings for the game. These settings have a solid impact, and can completely change the dynamic of graphics. The settings are very complex and require understanding. But don’t worry, I’ve compiled a list of Nvidia Settings that work best for Escape From Tarkov. These settings will boost FPS and significantly improve visuals.
- Firstly, go to Adjust Image Settings with Preview Tab, and checkmark Use The Advanced 3D Image Settings.
- Once done, proceed to Manage 3D Settings and under Program Settings. Add Escape From Tarkov Application. The application Is normally Installed by default in Disk C > Battlestate Games > EFT (live).
- Now make the following changes
- Image Sharpening – Off
- Anisotropic Filtering – Application Controlled
- Disable Antialiasing FXAA
- Enable Antialiasing – Gamma Correction
- Select Application Controlled in Antialiasing Mode
- Turn off Antialiasing Transparency
- CUDA GPU – Select All
- Low Latency Mode – Off
- Max Frame Rate – Use Global Setting (Off)
- Monitor Technology – G-Sync or whatever option is available
- Multi-Frame Sampled AA (MFAA) Use Global Setting (Off)
- OpenGL REndering GPU – Use Global Setting (Auto-select)
- Power Manage Mode – Prefer Maximum Performance
- Preferred Refresh Rate (Monitor Model) – Highest Available
- Shader Cache – On
- Texture Filtering – Anisotropic Sample Optimization – Off
- Allow Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias
- Texture Filtering Quality – High Performance
- Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization – On
- Set Threaded Optimization To Off
- Set Triple Buffering To Off
- Vertical Sync – Off
- Virtual Reality pre-rendered Frames – 1
- After you make the changes, hit apply and go to SET up G-SYNC Tab. In there, Checkmark Enable for Windowed and Full-Screen Mode.
Best Tarkov Settings
Now the last and most important part of the guide is here – the best atarkov settings. The Graphics Settings of the game, which I’ve seen a lot of people struggle to configure. I’ll explain each setting in short detail. This will allow you to understand the logic behind each setting and then you can also configure them in the future. I’ve tried a lot of different settings, but these ones are the best. I’ve also taken feedback from numerous friends and all seem to agree.
- Open Escape From Tarkov > Settings > Graphics.
- Screen Resolution: Select Highest Available For Best Visuals. If you want to get High Frames, you can lower it down to 1600 or 1440.
- Screen Mode: Go For Full Screen
- VSync: Disable, else your FPS will be stuck on 60 and you will get high input-lag.
- Aspect Ratio: Personel Preference.
- Overall Graphics Quality: Custom
- Texture Quality: High, because there is no performance difference if you select Low or Medium.
- Shadows Quality: Low
- Object LOD Quality: 2 I the most balanced
- Overall visibility: 1000
- Shadow Visibility: 40
- Antialiasing: Although FXAA will get you the best visuals, and turning it off will make it the graphics super sharp. I found that TAA High sets the best balance between Graphics, Visuals, and Performance.
- Resampling: 1x off. If you have a good PC, you can turn it up a little bit.
- HBAQ: Off
- SSR: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering: Off
- Sharpness: Personel Preference, but note that way too high Sharpness has an impact on Performance.
- Lobby FPS Limit: 30 or 60, makes no difference.
- Game FPS Limit: Set it to 0 or Highest Available Value.
- Grass Shadows: Turned Off
- Noise: Off
- Chrom Aberrations: Off
- Z-Blur: Off
- Afterward, head over to Game Settings and only checkmark Use Only the Physical Cores. Select whatever FOV you want, but just note that High FOV will give you Low FPS. That is because, you get to see a high field of view, more visuals per second. Head hobbing should be personnel preference as well.
Finding The Right Balance
Escape From Tarkov is a pretty great game, and If one is able to play it without any issues. He will certainly enjoy it a lot. I think that the game’s graphics are also pretty fantastic, and it’s no surprise that it demands so much from PC. The methods which we mentioned in this guide were completely safe. They will not only help you Increase FPS and get Stable Performance. But they will also enhance your Windows 10 experience by increasing its speed and responsiveness. Thirdly, these methods aren’t out of the blue. They are very basics and anyone who plays Games and wants the best performance should be aware of it.
Lastly, If you are still unable to get High FPS, despite following all the steps. I’ll recommend you to check your temperatures and hardware. That goes on to say, see if your hardware is up there with minimum and recommended system requirements. On the bright side, if you have started to get FPS above your Refresh Rate. I think you have the space to tweak some best tarkov settings and get better visuals. It’s all up to you from here.